Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:17 am

Congrats to people who got the email.
I didn't get one but promos like this without a specific criteria laid out actually is going to alienate Diamond customers like me because I'm left out guessing why.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
My first reaction when I read about some of you getting this huge Bonus/Present from Hyatt was "WOW" then I'm thinking "that would never happen to me.... after all I've never received any targeted e-mails with huge offers like this...". So my Gmail is opened... no new mail... I click several times on "Get Mail" figuring may be it's a slot machine.... and Bang "Thank You Hyatt".... here it is... the 50k United Miles e-mail... I can't believe it...so may be there is a Santa Claus after all.
Thank you Hyatt,

hobo 13, I'm with you... felt the same...I guess today is our lucky day
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Didn't get the email, but frankly I don't deserve it. Regardless, this is one of the most absurdly ridiculous "perks" I've heard of from any hotel program.

Hopefully they'll reconsider -- five hyatt stays coming up, and over 50k UA-credited miles to be flown in the next month!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: UA NW DL USAIR, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt Diamond
I received the e-mail as well at 11:01am EST, I've been a diamond for 7 yrs, have the Hyatt Chase card, UA premier silver status, own Hyatt stocks, and have opted for the UA miles on some stays instead of goldpassport points. Not sure if this will help determine why those who were fortunate enough to receive the verrrrry generous gift from Hyatt. I LOVE Hyatt! Maybe they just love me too!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
decade plus diamond, Hyatt CC, over 1 million points, still clicking the refresh mail button

Can the GP Concierge chime in to clearify????

How did Hyatt get your UA acct #? I don't think they have mine.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Nov 1, 2012 at 11:51 am
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, United Premier Silver, US Airways Silver
Longtime Diamond, UA premier silver, did not opt for the UA miles, did not get the e-mail. To be honest, as a longtime loyal Diamond member, I actually joined FlyerTalk because I kept hearing about amazing things the Hyatt was doing for other folks that seem to pass me by. No idea why - but can be alienating.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think when it ends up to be targeted... they will need to provide us who didn't get the offer with some explanation. It's not that I'm enjoying my stays any less... but not having access to the free credit card nights, extra bonus points and now maybe these extra offers will not make me a happy GP member.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:01 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass

Received the email at 8:01a this morning. A nice surprise! I'm a Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K, and have both Hyatt & UA Chase Visa credit cards. I did not participate in the mileage promo via Hyatt last summer, the one stay I tried didn't post so I gave up. I prefer crediting to earn Hyatt points anyway (I have over 1M UA miles in my acct as it is).
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:02 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
@HyattPR just confirmed that this is, in fact, a targeted benefit and not all will be receiving it. On the other hand, emails may still be on their way out.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yeah no love here - 20+ year Diamond and 15 year 1K living in the UK.

Oh, it's also not bloggers too!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:12 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yeah nothing here. Highly disappointing as this would be a substantial perk for me.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
Wow.....I don't know what I did to receive such a generous bonus, but indeed I did. What a lovely surprise in my inbox this morning.

I've been a Hyatt Diamond for several years now, my husband is platinum. He got a lump of coal.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wcrhkd
I've been a Hyatt Diamond for several years now, my husband is platinum. He got a lump of coal.
And I guess he will be hearing this for some time
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
no love... boo.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
No e-mail. Hyatt Diamond for 10 years, Hyatt credit card holder and UA 1K, however last year I obtained Hyatt Diamond only through participation in Star Mego-Do 3, and this year I've had only 2 revenue stays YTD. Did not participate in the summer Hyatt promo. I've moved away from Hyatt because of their lack of decent promos since early 2010, and the limited number of properties - most of which charge higher prices than the competition at airport and central city locations. The 50K UA mile bonus will not encourage me to move back to Hyatt because of its opaqueness. What is the threshold, and can we count on it in future years?

By contrast, I am maintaining UA 1K because of the more clearly defined threshold criteria and benefits, and the overall greater value of airline status including IRROPS protection and fee waivers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.