Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TOKYO: Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TOKYO: Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Not at all. You'll just have to find a way to communicate..
the shared medium of modern dance it is then
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: MR Plat/AA EXP/DL Silver/SPG Plat/HH Gold/Hyatt Plat/
Trying to gauge which option will be better between these 2 as well.

Going to Tokyo From January 2-5 (around 2 full days or so but includes 3 nights and leave in morning on the 5th), so I have to decide between:
- PH all 3 nights
- GH all 3 nights
- Combination of the 2

We have 2 free Hyatt nights from the credit card and my goals are to:
- Hit up Tsukiji fish market once or twice
- Go out to a club/couple bars once
- Eat a lot of street food

Struggling to decide whether to spend the free nights at one of the nicest Hyatts in the world or go to GH where it's supposedly more convenient according to the thread and via Google. Anyone have any impressions? Thanks.

If it helps, we fly into and out of NRT, and I'm kind of leaning towards GH because of convenience
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by ShadoWing

Going to Tokyo From January 2-5 (around 2 full days or so but includes 3 nights and leave in morning on the 5th), so I have to decide between:
- PH all 3 nights
- GH all 3 nights
- Combination of the 2

Struggling to decide whether to spend the free nights at one of the nicest Hyatts in the world or go to GH where it's supposedly more convenient according to the thread and via Google. Anyone have any impressions? Thanks.

If it helps, we fly into and out of NRT, and I'm kind of leaning towards GH because of convenience
yes the ght is more convenient. But one thing I don't like about the hotel is the regular room. Suites are nice though.

Nothing wrong with either property and since you are there for such a short time just stay at the ght

If you are diamond you can consider hopping for the 1k pts
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by ShadoWing

- PH all 3 nights
- GH all 3 nights
- Combination of the 2

I actually would choose Andaz Tokyo, which is my favorite Hyatt property in the city.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I actually would choose Andaz Tokyo, which is my favorite Hyatt property in the city.
I am fascinated by the draw of the Andaz, that said I probably would not stay there because I can't use the DSU there.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I am fascinated by the draw of the Andaz, that said I probably would not stay there because I can't use the DSU there.
The Large King rooms are very nice, basically Junior Suites.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I read the hype and it exceeded expectations for me. My favorite Hyatt breakfast by a mile. This is coming from someone who does not mind traveling for a meal (Copenhagen, Napa, etc.) The pool is a top city pool.

It has a Park Hyatt feel for me, but maybe because reminiscent of PH DC, also a Tony Chi Design. The Andaz "commercial" heard on the TV as you enter the room is similar the ones fo PH. On the other hand, I was under impressed by the PH Tokyo.

Only downside for me: although easy access to Metro, location is not ideal.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The Large King rooms are very nice, basically Junior Suites.
True, but you cannot use a DSU to confirm them at booking, and there are so few of them that a Diamond cannot always expect to be upgraded to it.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I read the hype and it exceeded expectations for me. My favorite Hyatt breakfast by a mile. This is coming from someone who does not mind traveling for a meal (Copenhagen, Napa, etc.) The pool is a top city pool.

It has a Park Hyatt feel for me, but maybe because reminiscent of PH DC, also a Tony Chi Design. The Andaz "commercial" heard on the TV as you enter the room is similar the ones fo PH. On the other hand, I was under impressed by the PH Tokyo.

Only downside for me: although easy access to Metro, location is not ideal.
My favorite breakfast so far is the blue duck tavern at the PHDC.

Oven fresh sticky bun FTW!

That said, I am perfectly fine with the breakfast offering at the HRT.

True, but you cannot use a DSU to confirm them at booking, and there are so few of them that a Diamond cannot always expect to be upgraded to it.
GHT DSU is too awesome to pass up that I typically don't.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

You could always pay for it?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:25 pm

What I like best about the GH is the easy access to a huge choice of places to eat next door in Roppongi Hills -- Butagumi (absolutely terrific tonkatsu), the very good conveyor sushi joint in The Hat, the excellent Tempura Mikawa, even a Starbucks if you need one. The PHT is a wonderful place to be, but it's a schlep when you want to go anywhere else.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Verily, that is so. But my message was in response to MikeFromTokyo's response to DHalltheway's lament about not being able to use a DSU at the Andaz.

At other Hyatt hotels in Tokyo, you can confirm a suite for the price of a base room, even a Points + Cash rate, before arrival. The only way you can confirm a Large King at Andaz is, as you helpfully suggest, to pay for a Large King.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:44 pm

At other Hyatt hotels in Tokyo, you can confirm a suite for the price of a base room, even a Points + Cash rate, before arrival. The only way you can confirm a Large King at Andaz is, as you helpfully suggest, to pay for a Large King.
Defeats my purpose since I generally save all my DSU for when I go to Japan.

To each his/her own.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Booking top room category through Virtuoso includes the benefit of a reasonably likely upgrade to a suite.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking top room category through Virtuoso includes the benefit of a reasonably likely upgrade to a suite.
My point was that "reasonably likely" and "guaranteed" are two different things.

During NYE as a Diamond, I received no upgrade at all at Andaz. I doubt that using Virtuoso would have changed that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.