Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Can FFN be redeemed at resort properties? I am a bit confused

Halothane
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by halothane
Can FFN be redeemed at resort properties? I am a bit confused

Halothane
Yes
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:52 am

Can I check in and out between different Hyatt's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc...? Also, I assume the governement rate is an eligible rate?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:16 am

Don't see why not. Goverment rates have been eligible in the past.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:29 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jimglobe
Can I check in and out between different Hyatt's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc...? Also, I assume the governement rate is an eligible rate?
Yes - otherwise known as Hyatt (Hotel) Hopping - gets a bit tiresome but very profitable.

Government rates have always been eligible.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
making reservations in advance of sept. 1st?

Is it correct to assume that one must wait until sept. 1st to use the hyatt website to make a FFN reservation using the code FFNF08?? Or would you be able to get a headstart and look for availabilty at a property today?

Will the FFN have to be deposited into your award account prior to being allowed to even attempt to make the reservation??
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:55 pm

Based on the terms & conditions I do not believe it is necessary to put the offer code FFNF08 on your reservation to receive credit toward a free night. You do have to register for the promo (in past year's they automatically registered previous participants but I just went ahead and did it anyway).

"To qualify for a free night award you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the promotion, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, pay an Eligible rate."

(better to keep the offer-code space free to add G bonuses, diamond amenity bonuses, etc., anyway)

Originally Posted by musikdude
Is it correct to assume that one must wait until sept. 1st to use the hyatt website to make a FFN reservation using the code FFNF08??
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:41 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by musikdude
Is it correct to assume that one must wait until sept. 1st to use the hyatt website to make a FFN reservation
If you mean a paid, FFN-earning reservation, then no, you can book those today. You can't redeem ("burn") FFN award nights until 15 Sep, though. You can redeem online at goldpassport.com > Awards > My Promotional Awards.

Also, Offer Code FFNF08 is only for redeeming by phone.

"Are these hard to redeem?" Depends. They're capacity controlled, just like any GP award. Awards at choice properties (Miami Beach, Tokyo) are difficult anyways, but only two properties (Manchester in San Diego and Madeleine in Paris) are completely excluded from FFN. Note, however, that "Hyatt Vacation Club" properties are also excluded, as they don't participate in Gold Passport anyways.

Yes, FFN "floods the market" with award nights, but it's also during the dead of winter.

Last edited by paytonc; Aug 22, 2008 at 2:17 pm
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Hyatt Vacation Club Stays Are Inelgible For FFN Earnings

Answering my question from another thread and previously validated by our Hyatt Moderator, Peteropny, in a PM to me, stays at Hyatt Vacation Clubs like the Pinion Pointe in Sedona are INELIGIBLE towards earning FFNs!

Amerisuites are also ineligible per the T & C.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Does anyone have any experience with splitting a bill at check-out? I have to charge my room to my corporate AmEx, but if I have dinner charged to the room, and can get the front desk to put that portion on my MasterCard at checkout, could that get me the 2k bonus? Or am I SOL?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Karen,
I will be staying at a Hyatt on 8/31, checking out on 9/1/08. Can you please confirm that just as in past years, credit will be based on Check Out date, and therefore 9/1/08 checkouts will count towards FFN08?

Thanks!
From personal experience, you have to check in when FFN begins, ie 1st Sep and not during check out on that day.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Last year, IIRC, and the GP concierge confirmed it, the check out day was the one that counted.

I'll look at my records and see if I checked in anywhere on 8/31. If I did, you can be sure it counted
Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
From personal experience, you have to check in when FFN begins, ie 1st Sep and not during check out on that day.
Incorrect. In the past, if you check out on Sep 1, or check in on Dec 31, the stay will count.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just checked and I was in a hotel on 8/31-9/2. Unfortunately, it's one I go to all the time and wasn't a FFN mattress run.

BUT - the more I think about it, the more I seem to recall that the GP concierge told me their system is based on check out day not check in day.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt
OK, let the game begin. I have 6 stays in the next few months....

Originally Posted by johnndor
Does anyone have any experience with splitting a bill at check-out? I have to charge my room to my corporate AmEx, but if I have dinner charged to the room, and can get the front desk to put that portion on my MasterCard at checkout, could that get me the 2k bonus? Or am I SOL?
I would like to confirm this as well for my business stay. Need to know if using my own MC debit cards for incidentals generates FFN credit with bonus point. Does anyone have experience on this? Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.