Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by peteropny
If the past is any indication - no - you just have to do the stays within the period.
Thanks Peterpny

There have been reports of rates being increased during the FFN promotion-so it might be a good thing to book some cancelable ressies now for the FFN period.Would not hurt and might save you a few bucks.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Does anyone recall if FFN credit will be granted for a checkOUT on the first day, e.g. 9/1, or does it have to be checkIN that day?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
This should be a very interesting fall travel season.

Starwood is coming out with a big offer beginning mid-September. The details are being withheld until the last minute to build enthusiasm.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
anyone remember if the Hyatt in Aruba participates in FFN? I was going to book a Feb. stay there using points and would like to convert them after I earn the FFN's...thoughts?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:44 pm

Yes, I believe Aruba does participate.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
What is the strategy to use our FFNs at some of the hard-to -reserve properties (PH Tokyo, Hyatt Kauai, etc?)
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Thanks for the good news

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

I am wondering if Hyatt Place stays also count. That can save a few dollars here and there if these stays count.

Will be doing at least 10 stays during this period in hopes of getting 5 nights at a nice resort such as Lake Tahoe.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by SASfan
What is the strategy to use our FFNs at some of the hard-to -reserve properties (PH Tokyo, Hyatt Kauai, etc?)
Reserve "burn period" stays now using points. Rack up earning stays and FFN credits. Then call CS to have the point stays switched over to FFN stays. This assumes that you have a bit pot o' points now, of course -- although I dunno, maybe someone on CC would let you "borrow" some?

An earlier post indicated that yes, Hyatt Place & Summerfield Suites stays would count -- could make for some good FFN run opportunities (I'm thinking Thanksgiving weekend is not high season at airport hotels?). However, we won't know until the official announcement; given their pattern of announcing the day that it opens, that won't be until the 1st.

Great travel promos = upside to a slowing economy.

BTW, wanted to link back to the "anything on FFN?" thread from earlier -- nice comparisons to past FFN promos there. This year has:
- four-month earning period, longer than 3-month average
- the 2000 bonus GP points is an interesting twist

Last edited by paytonc; Aug 16, 2008 at 1:17 pm
Old Aug 15, 2008, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I'm game.

HP on 9/1 lto (limited time offer) $59.25 ppd with G1. Here we go.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 4:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Thumbs up

Interesting clarification from CS. The free nights can be earned with any credit card. However, if MC is used, 2000 bonus points after each 2 stays will be given- multiple times allowed.

Last edited by mmgm; Aug 15, 2008 at 4:43 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Does anyone recall if FFN credit will be granted for a checkOUT on the first day, e.g. 9/1, or does it have to be checkIN that day?
It counted last year.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by edsh
This should be a very interesting fall travel season.

Starwood is coming out with a big offer beginning mid-September. The details are being withheld until the last minute to build enthusiasm.
There are abundance of promos on IC this Autumn as usually and Marriott has their Megabonus. The only one missing the boat is Hilton.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Which HP, RTW?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by SJC1K
It is a very bad idea to count on the one-month extension for Diamonds. GP has been very kind to do us that favor repeatedly, but that has never been a stated part of the FFN promotion, and they would be entirely within their rights to stop doing it.
Totally agree with you that you cannot be absolute sure that they allow this because it has never been part of the T&C. They have, however, allowed this since the start of these FFN promotions so the probability of not allowing these exceptions again is rather low, IMHO.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: hyatt
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I checked the terms and conditions of the "limited time offer" and it says that it is not combinable with other offers; I believe this would mean no FFN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.