Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:27 pm

Nice find. I wish I could take advantage of that offer. Too bad it's mid-week.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Dia, HH Gold
Great find, will book 2 stays.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
5000GP good for 2-night stays ($149.15 all-in) starting Sunday night before Thanksgiving running all week long. (use promo code 5000GP when booking)

To maximize points, book Sun-Tuesday for 2500 point closed club bonus (still closed weekends). 1000 point g-bonus also available.

At 1.5 cents per point for diamonds, not too shabby. (the previous does not include extra points for Hyatt credit card use or Big 10k!)
When I tried a booking for Nov 21-23 (Sun-Tue) with 5000GP, the cheapest room was

84.15 USD per Night per Room
168.30 USD Total Per Room
186.57 USD Total After Taxes

Then I did the math and realized that I actually need 3 more nights for an additional 10k bonus, and that's just not worth it to me (too bad that the two rooms I have booked for three nights in Berlin don't give me six nights for the 10k bonus)

Apparently the 5000GP rate also includes "15percent Off Food and Beverage, Valid For Lunch and Dinner Daily in Hotel Restaurants."
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
...still working Mon-Wed at 67.15++
Old Nov 21, 2010, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
RC closed all of Tgiving week

In addition to the 5K Bonus for 2 nights, the RC at this property is closed for the entire week so Diamonds will earn an add'l 2500 points.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Anybody going to be there Friday night (day after Thanksgiving) for a quick hello?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
...still working Mon-Wed at 67.15++
What code do you use, AAA is $71
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by karung99
What code do you use, AAA is $71
5000GP
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'll be staying at this property Friday night, and just wanted to see what the treatment is like for Diamond members. Is there a common type of room they upgrade Diamonds into? I'll post a review after the week is over... Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:46 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
I was one of the few guests there the week before Christmas - seemed to be more staff than guests - pre-blocked into a suite (parlor-style) with reserv. 3 days prior (Descriptions of these suites are not on the website). Per a post a few pages back, occupancy seems very convention-dependent, you may want to call the hotel to see what events are happening in-hotel (or next-door at the conference center).

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Jan 2, 2011 at 12:52 am
Old Jan 2, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'll be staying at this property Friday night, and just wanted to see what the treatment is like for Diamond members. Is there a common type of room they upgrade Diamonds into? I'll post a review after the week is over... Thanks!
I've always rec'd a room on the Club floor, and a couple of times a "balcony" room on that floor. The RC club is closed Friday pm to Mon am, so you'll be given breakfast in the restaurant and 2500 points. Unless there is a major event at the adjacent convention center, early check in and/or late check out is readily available.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I've always rec'd a room on the Club floor, and a couple of times a "balcony" room on that floor. The RC club is closed Friday pm to Mon am, so you'll be given breakfast in the restaurant and 2500 points. Unless there is a major event at the adjacent convention center, early check in and/or late check out is readily available.
Consistent with my stay last week ($71/AAA+breakfast rate). I've been a regular at this hotel since its conversion from Westin a few years ago. Never seen a suite, but often end up on the 14th (top) floor. Compensation for closed Regency Club (weekends and low occupancy periods) is good. And parking is free.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
We stayed Thanksgiving night and were given a suite without even asking...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Just finished a 2 night stay at Santa Clara. I'd definitely go back. Here were my pros and cons:

Pro:
1) free and close parking
2) unmanned, quiet RC with some great PC's and a printer (including a MacPro).
3) great RC spread and choices
4) next door to Great America and many high tech companies, if that is what you are looking for.
5) Decent room; great bed as usual.
6) Refridgerator
7) TONS of plugs. LOVE the built in ones next to the bed.
8) cool decor/bathroom doors
9) RC service and FD is great.
10) Great pool and deck--too cold to swim when i was there, but it was very resorty.

Fine, but could be better:

1) bathroom sink is on its side. This was strange--almost like the ones the hotel bought didn't fit.
2) Regency Club is one of the stranger ones I've seen. It's more of a boardroom than a place to go to socialize/relax. Didn't like that part.

Cons:

1) Tiny tiny tiny bathroom
2) No upgrade, but room was generally spacious except for the bath.
3) Service not great at restaurant or bar; restaurant a little pricey.
4) No nearby dining options that I could find.

Overall, a good stay. Union was right outside the front door handing out flyers to guests--that was a bit awkward, but when I stated "no thank you" the employee was very nice about it and smiled and said "thank you".
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by tashworth
4) No nearby dining options that I could find.
If you head over to McCarthy Ranch there's a bunch of restaurants including a Macaroni Grill and an In N Out Burger. It's right off 237 just before 880 in Milpitas. Maybe a 10-12 minute drive. I've stopped there a number of times over the years when visiting that area.
http://www.gomilpitas.com/McCarthyRanch/restaurants.htm

I'm surprised about service in the restaurant. I've only done breakfast there and have always had excellent service at that time of day. Even sent a note to Hyatt last visit about the outstanding service I received there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.