Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
It's been that way since about May 10th

Anyone that says it won't be open until the end of the year, is purely speculating and has no facts or sources

I do realize Hyatt monitors this site, and at some point, they should chime in and make an updated announcement. It's less than 8 weeks away, at this point, IMO, they should know if they can open August 15th. If not June 16th, when's a reasonable time for Hyatt to make this announcement one way or the other? The day before? A week? A month? 2 months?

I believe, pure speculation, they will open August 15th

There's so many reasons why there is no availability between August 15-sept 1. Too many to list. *they want a soft open. *no intention of being open. *not sure what the plan is. *completely booked. (Highly unlikely, but possible)

I would HOPE, by July 1 they could make 100 percent announcement, seems reasonable to expect that courtesy from a brand and a corporation that I've come to use and value my $$$ with
I guess you didn't see Playa Resorts' track record for on-time openings... the MBJ and PVR properties were both delayed. I expect this property to have a delayed opening as well.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:34 am

Not sure the validity, but source here says 8/15 is soft opening, with official opening being Nov 17.

http://grupoenconcreto.com/2015/06/a...iva-los-cabos/

English Translation:
After the month of September 2014, Hurricane Odile, hit Baja California Sur, where most of the tourist corridor Cabo San Lucas to San José del Cabo were affected, hotels like the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, he announced today it reopened later this year.

According to Pilar Alvarado, director of sales for the hotel chain, on November 17 it will be reopened officially Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos; however, as of August 15, the hotel will begin with a first step of Soft Opening; where the hotel will start receiving reservations by customers.

He also stated that this reorganization allowed for major changes in the property, where an investment of $ 120 million was achieved remodel 591 suites, all with new furniture.

He also stressed the increase One Bedroom Master Suites, 35 to 48 and 2 Bedroom Master Suite 16-21 Suites. He also commented that seven restaurants were remodeled and two new centers of consumption, 4 Food carts, Coffe House, Deli 24 hours and Tequileria added.

Theater and Convention Center were also remodeled, according to the entrepreneur, these sites can accommodate over 200 thousand people, both for business and tourism segment weddings, he added.

It is noteworthy that this reopening also intervened to evolve to an all-inclusive service ™, where the company Playa Hotels & Resorts BV, offers guests hotels of 5 and 4 diamonds by integrating the conventional service culinary experiences.

After remodeling, an estimated Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos has a return on investment within 2 or 3 years, because according to the entrepreneur, in the first quarter of 2016 is expected have sold four times the total hotel occupancy.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Lost in translation

Originally Posted by dprocuk
...because according to the entrepreneur, in the first quarter of 2016 is expected have sold four times the total hotel occupancy.
I thought only Hilton did this as a matter of policy

My Spanish isn't that good, but it does appear the translation is correct...the article probably left out over prior year 1st qtr.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:04 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Any update on this hotel? I have a stay upcoming 8/24 - 8/29 and am getting a bit nervous...have flights booked etc

Also I read that the hotel does not have a swimmable beach. Are there swimmable beaches nearby and does the hotel provide transport to and from?
Based on Flyertalk timeline/posts for the Hyatt delayed opening at the Bahamas location, it seems like they officially started contacting people about 5 weeks before their stay dates to officially cancel and offer other options.

I'm booked early Sept here and am moderately worried at this stage.

Tough spot with kids summer vacation dates. Maybe the Ziva in Puerta Vallarta is your backup plan (make a paid stay refundable reservation now to hold the dates) with Hyatt paying the plane ticket change/fare fees or refund tickets for you which I believe they will do if the opening is delayed based on FT posts of Bahamas options offered).
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
If this "soft opening" information is accurate it would be nice to know what exactly is meant by "soft"--i.e. what won't be open between August 15 to Nov. 17th.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I guess you didn't see Playa Resorts' track record for on-time openings... the MBJ and PVR properties were both delayed. I expect this property to have a delayed opening as well.
My only points are two fold. One. Yes. I understand delays, but by my count there have already been 2

My main point is its June 27th. August 15th is basically 50 days away. If they're opening august 15th. Great. If not. They should know by now? If not what's a reasonable amount of time? 4 weeks? 8 weeks? I still think they open august 15th. Knowledge is power. We have no true knowledge. Do not think its reasonable, as a consumer, for a change less than 2 months out. IMO

My guess. By "soft open". Resort will not be 100 percent capacity of sold rooms. Hence no availability aug 15-30 at the moment.

Their twitter even says how excited they are to open august 15! #soon
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
...My guess. By "soft open". Resort will not be 100 percent capacity of sold rooms. Hence no availability aug 15-30 at the moment.

Their twitter even says how excited they are to open august 15! #soon
The issue with soft open is depending how "soft" it is. Rooms booked maybe ready but how about public areas? "We have one restaurant and one pool ready but no gym and spa yet."
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:24 pm

we were affected last year for our Xmas holiday... then did backup with PVR.... which was "an experience" (that we won't have again). That said this year we had Cabo booked for Xmas but also have several backups given Playa's recent history for getting resorts up to speed and Hyatt standard.
Don't forget you're not actually dealing with traditional Hyatt properties in Mexico but Playa owned properties... BIG difference.
I'd also have somewhat lower expectations of your experience here for some time.... even after the "official November date".
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
we were affected last year for our Xmas holiday... then did backup with PVR.... which was "an experience" (that we won't have again). That said this year we had Cabo booked for Xmas but also have several backups given Playa's recent history for getting resorts up to speed and Hyatt standard.
Don't forget you're not actually dealing with traditional Hyatt properties in Mexico but Playa owned properties... BIG difference.
I'd also have somewhat lower expectations of your experience here for some time.... even after the "official November date".
Am getting worried about my stay on 8/24. Hope Hyatt does the right thing and at least let me know if amenities are going to be drastically scaled down.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:20 pm

September 15th!!!!!

July 2

Now taking reservations for SEPTEMBER 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'd gone so long with the August 15th. I was finally feeling comfortable with my late Oct honeymoon. Not cool
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator
July 2

They'd gone so long with the August 15th. I was finally feeling comfortable with my late Oct honeymoon. Not cool
With the "soft opening" of 8/15, are reservations from 8/15 - 9/15 being acknowledged, or has any of them been cancelled yet?

This seems to be the determining factor if truly open on 8/15, or if they are just delaying new reservations until after 9/15.

I'm still holding out for my late November reservation.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MilesGator
July 2

Soft open means only some of the rooms and some of the public areas are ready. It is possible that they plan to soft open on Aug 15th to serve existing reservations only. September 15 is when they are ready to receive additional guests. No inside information, just speculation. My late October reservation still looks ok.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:21 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
We can only speculate on what's going to happen but the fact the Hyatt web site now states this hotel is accepting reservations from September 15 onwards is cause for great concern for my First week of Sept stay and should be for anyone else who has a reservation prior to Sept 15.

If a "soft opening" prior to September 15 means that many of the 2 buffet and 6 Gourmet Restaurants or the 6 bars or the SPA are not open than that is not ok with me and is not the property and amentities I have a reservation for.

Considering Hyatt has now put in writing (web site) the Septmber 15th date I would expect then to reach out this month for anyone who holds a reservation prior to Sept 15th.

In the bigger picture, it seems that Hyatt clearly has a problem with their new all inclusive and Beach property build outs/renovations and opening dates. Surely Hyatt the Company would have a person that physically flies to these locations for milestone inspections etc during the building process?

I guess the only positive news is the Hyatt Customer Service team that handles these opening date screwups already has a lot of experience with the other hotel delays and reaching out to us upset travelers who's vacations are about to be changed!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:14 pm

playa is the problem

not Hyatt...,
these properties are owned by playa from our past experience (ie Zita pv) most of top management were not seasoned Hyatt personel, but another large chain... you need to be aware of this to have realistic expectations.... in the actual hard product as well as your overall experience.
if you have doubts now voice them w gold passport customer service, have a backup plan, perhaps or postpone your vacation (or cancel).
the problems with delayed openings is not just Hyatt.
jmho, good luck with your plans.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos (CLOSED to 8/15/2015)-REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Why don't people just wait and book after the resort is 100% operational and great?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.