Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:58 pm

Glad to hear that!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:20 am

Just booked my stay for early October. Really hoping they won't delay the opening. Not sure how what capacity I can expect it to be open though.

Will keep monitoring his thread closely.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:15 pm

So final tally, HGP gave me certs for five free nights at the resort, I had booked two rooms for five nights so they are giving me essentially a 50% discount on what I would have spent. I find it to be a decent amount of compensation, I would have preferred points but didn't push too hard as I did want to visit the property anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:02 pm

Not too bad Zbigfam. I only got 2 night certs for my 6 night stay that was booked. They finally emailed me my certs today. I'm not complaining, I'll take a weekend getaway to Los Cabos
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:17 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
I was told by Hyatt consumer affairs today that Hyatt MGT is deciding each case for compensation on a case by case basis so it looks like all the offers are going to be different. They are still waiting to hear back from MGT on my case they said.
Really disappointed with how Hyatt is handling this.
I did hear something funny today, the rep advised me that Hyatt had flown down a team of people to Cabo to search for alternative properties (an option not applicable to me, I've already rebooked air/hotel elsewhere)
I replied, well maybe Hyatt should have flown down a team of people to their own Hotel to see if it was ready to open before letting us book it!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
I did hear something funny today, the rep advised me that Hyatt had flown down a team of people to Cabo to search for alternative properties (an option not applicable to me, I've already rebooked air/hotel elsewhere)
I replied, well maybe Hyatt should have flown down a team of people to their own Hotel to see if it was ready to open before letting us book it!
I was told that a team from Corporate had flown down to inspect the property to ensure it would open to Hyatt standards on Sept. 15th. If not, I'm glad to hear they've also personally checked out alternatives.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:19 am

I'd like to pay my stay with Hyatt Certificates when going at the Ziva in October (I think I found a way to get them at a good discount).

it's my first time staying there.
What kind of charges on top of the room night rate should I expect so that I can optimize the amount of $ to put on certificates?

Is there tip, resort fee, tax? It was my understanding that VAT (tax) was included in the night rate when booked from Hyatt directly, and it did look like there is no resort fee from the website.
What about activities, can we book them through Hyatt? I saw Cabo has zip lining and swim with the dolphins, these could be cool things to do.

thanks a lot!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:38 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Over 2 weeks and still waiting for any kind of compensation for my Sept long weekend vac that Hyatt Ziva canceled.
Its unbelievable how poorly handled this mess is.
Do your self a favor and don't book here until at least next year or when you know for sure they have opened or wind up getting scrxxed out of your vac.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:50 am

While they have offered me compensation I am still waiting for the certs...I have asked them to switch to points though as I am out a vacation and I cannot begin planning my next one till I receive the certs...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:35 am

As someone else had mentioned, my points/free nights were refunded and they told me we'd be moved to the Marquis Los Cabos. I'm still waiting on confirmation information from that reservation as they have not confirmed with me yet that they maintained the number of rooms for the right number of people - which I want to make sure is correct.

The other problem I've got is that while I'm getting my points back, the free nights are useless unless they willingly extend the expiration dates until at least next summer. I have no way of rebooking a trip with family using those nights until then... so if they just let them expire by early next year as scheduled, it would be like I didn't get compensated at all.

Again, I appreciate some efforts on their end to make things work - but am just so frustrated at the slow lack of a response and that when I call in, I've had multiple CSRs that don't seem to be clear at what's going.

Will update once I find out more...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:04 am

So I heard back today from my Service Desk consultant. She denied my points request but extended the expiration of my certs so that its a full year from when I was going to stay at the property. We will see when the certs arrive, she had promised them to me this week and now the week is almost over...
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
I was offered 4 nights cert at the resort or I can exchange them for 40000 points. Which one should I take? (I will be working mostly in Asia for the next year+)
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Originally Posted by bertuzzi
I was offered 4 nights cert at the resort or I can exchange them for 40000 points. Which one should I take? (I will be working mostly in Asia for the next year+)
Four free nights at the resort is significantly better value. Just don't intend to use them until the resort is 100% functional & great.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:06 pm

Comp received 75k points already dep in my acct.
Originally booked 5 nights paid stay Sept long weekend.
I refused alt accommodations, no cost to cancel my award flt
No future stay cert at opening rates offered.
Mostly satisfied with the end result (75k) especially compared to what others received but the way Hyatt handled this was very poor IMHO. Took way too long and way too many excuses instead of just taking blame for messing up the opening dates. Also less comp offered than the Bahamas opening fiasco guests pre-BK filing got (20k per night)

As poster Kentlee above said "so frustrated at the slow lack of a response and that when I call in, I've had multiple CSRs that don't seem to be clear at what's going on" exact same feeling with me.

Every time a CSR would call or email me or I would call in they appeared to not know the whole story, had not read my letters to consumer affairs or understood just because I could cancel my flt without a fee I personally was still out a vacation over Sept long weekend. Too costly to rebook for Sept somewhere else. (I ended up rebooking somewhere completely different Oct long weekend)
Also every time they asked me to respond to an email i.e. to provide copy of original flts, they opened a new case file instead of adding to existing case causing more confusion.

It's all done now and I've moved on. Lesson learned, stay away from new openings even after the date is announced (for this one July 15 date I thought safe booking Sept 3) until people report actually having checked in and facilities are up and running. Hopefully Hyatt learned a lesson too with these opening date snafus!!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: Globallist
In the end, Hyatt came thru for myself and our group

Although I was skeptical with the alt accomedations, and the respons to requests for follow up were basically non-exsistent, ii have to give KUDOS to HYATT, Alex and her support staff

We had a 4 night stay, which turned into 5 nights

I didn't think the Marquis would have the room types we booked at Hyatt

They came thru^

we had 2 bedroom booked for 3, 635$ a night 1,116 dqr feet
2 additional JR suites 281/night 450 sqr feet

the Marquis alt reservations same costs

TWO BEDROOM PRESIDENTIAL SUITE 2604 SQR FEET WITH PRIVATE BUTLER (listed for 2100# a night on their website)

2 JR SUITES 650 SQR FEET (500$ approx. a night on their website)

The Marquis looks like it has great reviews, we look forward to our trip to Cabo, we cannot thank Hyatt enough for the energy and effort. I hope, the MARQUIS LOS CABOS, can match what expectations I always have with HYATT properties, and usually for ME, are met on every stay

GREAT JOB HYATT!

maybe I should go to the Media, I have a right mind too (lmao at some people on this website)
thank you

Last edited by creativeguess1; Jul 29, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.