Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Any updates on how this property weathered the hurricane? My understanding is that Los Cabos & Cabo San Lucas got hit pretty hard.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The news seems very bad for most properties..... and the airport seems closed for at least a few days: https://twitter.com/jimmyverduzco/st...792256/photo/1

The HP is also among the properties that's damaged: https://twitter.com/RodrigoEBR/statu...434688/photo/1

Last edited by RTW1; Sep 16, 2014 at 1:04 am
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Looks bad from those two photos ... hopefully by nexxt summer the properties will be repaired ... and hopefully they still have their beach

They aren't taking reservations for the next 30 days

Last edited by 4aks; Sep 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
The beach is still decent in Los Cabos. Cabo San Lucas beaches didn't survive as well, but many expect they'll come back. I saw some damage from the rear of the Ziva as we passed it, but not enough for a solid report. Anecdotal comments from others we met during the evacuation said it was in pretty bad shape and hit very hard...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have a reservation here for a week just after Christmas. Contemplating what to do...It is three months away but I am still concerned. Feel awful for the workers and part of me thinks we should just go and make the most of it. Thoughts?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
I was booked to stay at the Ziva starting October 12. Yesterday I received an email from the central reservations system stating that due to damage sustained from the hurricane, all bookings are being cancelled. There's a message on the hotel's Hyatt website stating they are closed and will not be open to new bookings until further notice.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
So something strange happened this afternoon with inventory at the Ziva...

I booked a paid reservation for late January early this afternoon, and all the inventory buckets were wide open. I compared a few other weekends between Jan and March last night, all were wide open. I called to make a points reservation later in the afternoon...

Suddenly, inventory is zero every night through March 31st, 2015. Hyatt customer service confirms my existing reservation is still OK.

So I'm thinking one of two things... somebody screwed up loading the inventory this afternoon, or they decided to keep the hotel closed through March and haven't formalized it yet.

The hotel is not answering the phone. Anybody have any ideas?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I am headed there December 27th through January 3rd. My reservation seems to be intact. I have checked recently and there were lots of rooms still available on those same dates. Today they are saying that it is sold out or the hotel is not yet open for reservations. I did call Hyatt reservations and checked availability for those same dates and the agent said there are still rooms available. And, as far as we can tell, the hotel will be open for my dates.

Last edited by dionnec123; Sep 23, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I have just called the main office and they said they will open on Nov 1.

I want to cancel but United only refund change fee for travel date up to Dec 15.
She said if I cancel, the tax and fee would not be returned and there would be an additional cancelling fee of $200.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Tripadvisor had some pretty positive reviews on how the staff handled guests during the storm.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:42 am

some good stories posted on tripadvisor about a week ago - but up top someone posted a 1-star about her wedding being canceled.

It's unclear if it's a fake review because it says all this happened October 2013.

Basically upset that no one from Hyatt stepped in and hand held the process of getting something rescheduled or moved. It sounds like they should have had proper event/travel insurance - they talked about having a private jet for guests, a wedding planner, and they didn't buy any insurance?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:42 am

Someone posted a YouTube video of the damage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOJLI4-sA0
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by edcho
Someone posted a YouTube video of the damage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOJLI4-sA0
Wow -- thanks for posting that.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
I had a reservation (booked on Hyatt Webste)the 18-22 in a President Suite at $7 something a night for a wedding anniversary.

I had to add my wife to the reservation as I mistakenly booked it for only one. The hotel sent me an updated price for the additional person (this was expected and ok) but the problem was is that it was $125 more than if I canceled the reservation for and booked a new one for two people.

I sent the hotel the info, my diamond number and AAA number and asked them to confirm as there was obviously a discrepancy. They replied I had to pay the higher rate when when I arrived and I could not have the lower rate as apparently they didn't see the lower rate.

I then made a new reservation for the two of us at the lower rate on the Hyatt website for the same room type to show them that it existed. We had some things already booked thru the hotel so I wanted to merge and save the time of setting it up again. I sent the info to the hotel and received no reply.

So, I canceled both reservations and went elsewhere. In my email to the concierge, that had been very helpful, explaining the situation. I received a reply from the desk manager that refused the lower rate with something to the effect of "Sorry you changed your mind" ...

Disappointing.

Then of course the storm came up so it was a blessing in disguise...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by JoshC
I had a reservation (booked on Hyatt Webste)the 18-22 in a President Suite at $7 something a night for a wedding anniversary.

I had to add my wife to the reservation as I mistakenly booked it for only one. The hotel sent me an updated price for the additional person (this was expected and ok) but the problem was is that it was $125 more than if I canceled the reservation for and booked a new one for two people.

I sent the hotel the info, my diamond number and AAA number and asked them to confirm as there was obviously a discrepancy. They replied I had to pay the higher rate when when I arrived and I could not have the lower rate as apparently they didn't see the lower rate.

I then made a new reservation for the two of us at the lower rate on the Hyatt website for the same room type to show them that it existed. We had some things already booked thru the hotel so I wanted to merge and save the time of setting it up again. I sent the info to the hotel and received no reply.

So, I canceled both reservations and went elsewhere. In my email to the concierge, that had been very helpful, explaining the situation. I received a reply from the desk manager that refused the lower rate with something to the effect of "Sorry you changed your mind" ...

Disappointing.

Then of course the storm came up so it was a blessing in disguise...
Better to go elsewhere than spend the week knowing you got nickel and dimed for $125+taxes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.