Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG P50, Hyatt D, Hilton D, AA P, Marriot G, Hz-PC, National EC
Detailed review of Hyatt Zilara - 5 nights (4 free night through cc and 1 on points) - upgraded to ocean view suite. 25th to 30th Dec 2015.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exper...ak-cancun.html
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG P50, Hyatt D, Hilton D, AA P, Marriot G, Hz-PC, National EC
Originally Posted by mileshound
What beach activities are nearby? Parasailing, jet ski, tube rides? I assume since this is a tourist zone they are all there and probably pricey.
You can find all sorts of activities. Pricey..depends on your perspective. Considering the level of engagement and time spent, its much cheaper compared to US. But yes it is pricey. Think of it this way, for the same amount of money spent, you will be getting much more for money in cancun then what you would have gotten in any tourist spot in USA.

I highly recommend Xel-ha, Xcaret, Chechen-itza.
For water sports, inquire with you resort what activities they offer for free and what are discounted for hotel guests. I found that hotel concierges often arranged activities at cheaper rates for their hotel guests, compared to what was listed on english language websites catered to american tourists!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:16 pm

Any indication on how much a meal at chef's plate is? Couldn't find it in any of the reviews and didn't bother last time I went.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Originally Posted by littleconsumer
Any indication on how much a meal at chef's plate is? Couldn't find it in any of the reviews and didn't bother last time I went.
Chefs Plate is not additional money, however it is only available to specific room types. Dinning at Chefs Plate is NOT worth it. It was the worst meal of our stay and the experience was very strange. If you don't do it your not missing much.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyer121
Chefs Plate is not additional money, however it is only available to specific room types. Dinning at Chefs Plate is NOT worth it. It was the worst meal of our stay and the experience was very strange. If you don't do it your not missing much.
Yeah I can second this. It wasnt horrendous per se, but i wouldnt eat it over the other restaurants.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Yeah I can second this. It wasnt horrendous per se, but i wouldnt eat it over the other restaurants.
What do you think the best place is?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
What do you think the best place is?
GF and I ate at Pelicanos and used room service the most.

Ate at spice twice and asiana twice but spice > asiana due to very limited sushi options.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:52 am
Suspended

GF and I ate at Pelicanos and used room service the most.

Ate at spice twice and asiana twice but spice > asiana due to very limited sushi options.
Is room service included in the all inclusive?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
YES
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:21 am

yep. there was a steak and asparagus dish that i ordered every night...sometimes more than once lol... it was really good.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:37 am
Suspended

yep. there was a steak and asparagus dish that i ordered every night...sometimes more than once lol... it was really good.
Excellent. Going to do 4 days in Mexico City and then finish at Zilara for another 4 nights in December. Excited!!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:56 am

Excellent. Going to do 4 days in Mexico City and then finish at Zilara for another 4 nights in December. Excited!!
Yeah man, if youve got any questions, shoot me a PM. Side note, dont upgrade to suites. and bring lots of single bills. Tipping the waiters 1-2 for them bringing over the drinks went a long way.. my drinks were never empty before the next one arrived.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:57 am
Suspended

Will do. Yup, I always bring a massive stack of singles. I found myself giving away 5s and 10s too easily a few years ago.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
Originally Posted by littleconsumer
Chef's Plate was free for us. We used 2 free nights plus points for 4 nights. I have Diamond status and I asked about it. We did opt to buy a nicer bottle of champagne - their gratis ones are super sugary. I thought it was ok, but wouldn't have paid for it.

My favorite restaurant on property was definitely Spice. Ate there every morning for breakfast. I also liked Pelicanos for lunch.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:27 am

Just got back from Grand Hyatt PDC and Hyatt Zilara.
The food was overall very good, I liked Maria Marie a lot, despite the small portions. Pelicano's was good and so was Spice. Did not eat at Asiana. I thought the menu at Chef's Plate was not very exciting, we probably didn't miss much. The service in all restaurants was impeccable.

When we got there last Sunday, we were first assigned Room 218, which is part of a number of rooms on the second, third and fourth floors which have front doors that are inside the lobby atrium. At 6 pm the nightly entertainment started with an opera singer in the lobby. It was so loud, we couldn't hear ourselves anymore in the room. The noise came from both sides into the room, from the balcony and the front door. It was horrible. I complained and we got moved immediately to a room on the 6th floor that was much further away from all the lobby noise. In addition, the A/C was working much better in the new room, and the fridge was colder too. I presume it was an upgraded room since it had the Bose Entertainment system, which the room on the second floor did not. It also had a much better ocean view. Since we were now directly over the left pool, we still had tons of loud music in the afternoons, but it was bearable and people watching was great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.