Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:04 pm

Redeemed a Diamond Suite upgrade for a room at the Grand Hyatt Washington. But, since then, I just dropped down to Platinum status. Will I still get lounge access by virtue of staying in a suite?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Redeemed a Diamond Suite upgrade for a room at the Grand Hyatt Washington. But, since then, I just dropped down to Platinum status. Will I still get lounge access by virtue of staying in a suite?
This is entirely property specific. Some hotels include the club access with the suites but IME most don't. I don't have any first hand experiences with this particular hotel and would suggest you to call the hotel and ask yourself.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:58 pm

I currently have one Free Night Award left and it's set to expire at the end of September. I plan on staying at a Hyatt in the middle of October and was wondering if I can use the Free Night for that. Does anyone know if the expiration date is when it has to be redeemed (meaning I use it to book a room) or if it is the date of the actual stay?

The T&Cs don't seem to be extremely clear. I can always call but thought I'd see if anyone here knew. I'm guessing I couldn't use it for the Oct stay but...

Free Night Awards are valid for use within one year from issuance and are valid at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide. Free Night Awards apply only to available standard rooms as defined by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates. Free Night Awards cannot be redeemed for packages. Free Night Awards may be applied only to the guest room and do not apply toward food, beverage incidental expenses, service charges, and hotel specific charges or taxes. Reservations for Free Night Award redemption are subject to availability and must be made in advance by visiting the My Promotional Awards page within goldpassport.com, or by calling 800.228.3360 or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LivninSC
I currently have one Free Night Award left and it's set to expire at the end of September. I plan on staying at a Hyatt in the middle of October and was wondering if I can use the Free Night for that. Does anyone know if the expiration date is when it has to be redeemed (meaning I use it to book a room) or if it is the date of the actual stay?
If this is the anniversary free night from the credit card, then the expiration represents the date by which you must complete a stay (ie, you cannot use it on a stay in October if it will expire in September)
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Hello

Could someone please tell me how long after a stay the nights will be credited to my account?

Also, how long it takes once they credit for my account to change from Gold to Platinum?

THanks in advance
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It depends.... From a few days to about a week.
Status changes are normally instantly when reaching the threshold.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:05 pm

Hello. I'm a newbie with a couple of beginner's questions. Hope someone can help me out.

We (my family of 4 and my parents) are about to make reservations at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for July 24-30. We also each have a reservation at the same hotel for July 30-Aug 1 using free nights from the Hyatt credit card signup.

Initially we had planned to stay in a condo for July 24-30, but Hyatt appears to be running a "Limited Time" special rate that puts the Hyatt closer to being within budget for the vacation.

I am currently Hilton Gold (through my AMEX Surpass Card). By summer, I should have 8-10 nights stayed at Hilton and was planning to request a Diamond Challenge for Hyatt. If that works out, we plan to stay 4 paid nights at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki and 6 paid nights (along with 2 free nights) at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. (If for some reason I am denied a Diamond Challenge, we already have a Hilton Hawaiian Village points reservation and will stay there) We'll finish up the other two nights somewhere closer to home.

Finally, getting to my questions:

1. My understanding is that even though the Kauai rate is discounted, it will count towards the nights needed to successfully complete the Diamond Challenge because it is a rate offered on the Hyatt website, correct?

2. If I am able to do a Diamond Challenge, I understand that I receive 4 suite upgrades. How far in advance does one need to request the upgrade? I'm guessing that July in Hawaii is a pretty busy time, but would being able to utilize the suite upgrades be a possibility or not a chance?

3. Is there a certain type of room that we would need to reserve to even be able to qualify for the suite upgrade? I don't see any mention of a minimum type of room on the Diamond Membership benefits web page.

4. These questions applies to my parents reservation(who wouldn't be doing a DIamond Challenge) and for us if we aren't given a Diamond Challenge. If we wanted to use points to upgrade the paid part of our stay to the Regency Club, I see that we need to "pay a minimum of the Hyatt Daily Rate deluxe rate" (partial ocean view +). Would the "Limited Time" sale rate, if a partial ocean view was booked, qualify for this or not? The only other rate that I see available is an "Aloha Rate", not a "Hyatt Daily Rate."

5. If my parents were able to upgrade with points to the Regency Club with the "Limited Time" rate room, when would they need to do that by? They will have enough points after using their Hyatt Chase Visa to book their room (the "Limited Time" rate is a prepaid, non-refundable rate).

Sorry for all the questions...I'm new at this, but trying to get the hang of it all!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by amj27
Hello. I'm a newbie with a couple of beginner's questions. Hope someone can help me out.

We (my family of 4 and my parents) are about to make reservations at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for July 24-30. We also each have a reservation at the same hotel for July 30-Aug 1 using free nights from the Hyatt credit card signup.

Initially we had planned to stay in a condo for July 24-30, but Hyatt appears to be running a "Limited Time" special rate that puts the Hyatt closer to being within budget for the vacation.

I am currently Hilton Gold (through my AMEX Surpass Card). By summer, I should have 8-10 nights stayed at Hilton and was planning to request a Diamond Challenge for Hyatt. If that works out, we plan to stay 4 paid nights at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki and 6 paid nights (along with 2 free nights) at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. (If for some reason I am denied a Diamond Challenge, we already have a Hilton Hawaiian Village points reservation and will stay there) We'll finish up the other two nights somewhere closer to home.

Finally, getting to my questions:

1. My understanding is that even though the Kauai rate is discounted, it will count towards the nights needed to successfully complete the Diamond Challenge because it is a rate offered on the Hyatt website, correct?

2. If I am able to do a Diamond Challenge, I understand that I receive 4 suite upgrades. How far in advance does one need to request the upgrade? I'm guessing that July in Hawaii is a pretty busy time, but would being able to utilize the suite upgrades be a possibility or not a chance?

3. Is there a certain type of room that we would need to reserve to even be able to qualify for the suite upgrade? I don't see any mention of a minimum type of room on the Diamond Membership benefits web page.

4. These questions applies to my parents reservation(who wouldn't be doing a DIamond Challenge) and for us if we aren't given a Diamond Challenge. If we wanted to use points to upgrade the paid part of our stay to the Regency Club, I see that we need to "pay a minimum of the Hyatt Daily Rate deluxe rate" (partial ocean view +). Would the "Limited Time" sale rate, if a partial ocean view was booked, qualify for this or not? The only other rate that I see available is an "Aloha Rate", not a "Hyatt Daily Rate."

5. If my parents were able to upgrade with points to the Regency Club with the "Limited Time" rate room, when would they need to do that by? They will have enough points after using their Hyatt Chase Visa to book their room (the "Limited Time" rate is a prepaid, non-refundable rate).

Sorry for all the questions...I'm new at this, but trying to get the hang of it all!
First of all, welcome to FlyerTalk and the Hyatt forum! Hope you stay with us for a long time.

As far as your questions ...

1. Yes, this rate will count towards meeting the requirements of the diamond challenge.

2. There is always the possibility and you should try to make the request as soon as possible. I know you are limited by the timing of your diamond challenge so make sure to plan in advance and make the request as soon as you get the suite upgrades in your account. If initially denied (you can't waitlist these), keep calling as the availability changes.

3. There are no minimum requirements to use diamond suite upgrades.

4. No, the prepaid rate you mention will not qualify for this. However, if you do get the diamond challenge there is no reason not to use one of your suite upgrades for your parents (providing that the reservation is in your name)

5. Not relevant since the prepaid rate can't be upgraded.

Last edited by todorovic; Mar 7, 2013 at 2:33 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:54 pm

I had a two night stay checking in February 27 and checking out march 1. My diamond status ended this year February 28. Do I get awarded points for this stay as a diamond or platinum member?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by todorovic
First of all, welcome to FlyerTalk and the Hyatt forum! Hope you stay with us for a long time.

As far as your questions ...

1. Yes, this rate will count towards meeting the requirements of the diamond challenge.

2. There is always the possibility and you should try to make the request as soon as possible. I know you are limited by the timing of your diamond challenge so make sure to plan in advance and make the request as soon as you get the suite upgrades in your account. If initially denied (you can waitlist these), keep calling as the availability changes.

3. There are no minimum requirements to use diamond suite upgrades.

4. No, the prepaid rate you mention will not qualify for this. However, if you do get the diamond challenge there is no reason not to use one of your suite upgrades for your parents (providing that the reservation is in your name)

5. Not relevant since the prepaid rate can't be upgraded.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I certainly hope to be around for a long time. I'm still learning the ropes of Hyatt, but I feel like I'm becoming obsessed!

Regarding #4...I will have my own reservation for my family. Are you saying that I should make a second reservation for my parent's room under my name with my parents listed as the other occupants of the room and then I might be able to use an upgrade for my parents? I would be thrilled at the possibility of doing that for them.

If we aren't able to secure a suite upgrade since it will be last minute, would having my name on the reservation secure access to the Regency Club for them (provided that I am successful with obtaining a Diamond Challenge)? Would I get the points for their stay if the second reservation was booked in my name?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:01 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I certainly hope to be around for a long time. I'm still learning the ropes of Hyatt, but I feel like I'm becoming obsessed!

Regarding #4...I will have my own reservation for my family. Are you saying that I should make a second reservation for my parent's room under my name with my parents listed as the other occupants of the room and then I might be able to use an upgrade for my parents? I would be thrilled at the possibility of doing that for them.

If we aren't able to secure a suite upgrade since it will be last minute, would having my name on the reservation secure access to the Regency Club for them (provided that I am successful with obtaining a Diamond Challenge)? Would I get the points for their stay if the second reservation was booked in my name?
You are welcome.

If you parents don't care about the points (or you can convince them that you need points more than they do) then book the second room in your name. You will receive the points for this room (actually up to 3 rooms can be claimed) but those nights will not count as extra nights toward status. The Gold Passport rules stipulate that the diamond benefits are to be awarded only for the room that the diamond member stays in but some (most?) hotels will extend the diamond benefits to the other rooms providing they are reserved in the diamond member's name and they are staying at the property at the same time. This includes the RC/GC access, internet, etc. GH Kauai is usually good about this but there are no guarantees. Having the second room in your name will also give you a chance at the upgrade using one of your suite upgrades.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
if i do hyatt diamond challenge and was not able to meet requirements what happens,example i have few trips planned in next months and i only meet say 5 or 6 nights and used some benefits ,do i end up paying for used diamond benefits.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
No you don't end up paying for them if you don't meet the challenge.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:07 am

You are welcome.

If you parents don't care about the points (or you can convince them that you need points more than they do) then book the second room in your name. You will receive the points for this room (actually up to 3 rooms can be claimed) but those nights will not count as extra nights toward status. The Gold Passport rules stipulate that the diamond benefits are to be awarded only for the room that the diamond member stays in but some (most?) hotels will extend the diamond benefits to the other rooms providing they are reserved in the diamond member's name and they are staying at the property at the same time. This includes the RC/GC access, internet, etc. GH Kauai is usually good about this but there are no guarantees. Having the second room in your name will also give you a chance at the upgrade using one of your suite upgrades.
Okay...hopefully the last newbie question from me regarding this reservation. When I go to book the room for my parents, it is a somewhat significant higher rate to list 3 adults on the reservation. How do I go about booking this correctly. Do I list my name and one of my parents and then just straighten it out upon our arrival? Should I list my parents names and just put in my Gold Passport number? Should I call and make the reservation directly with Hyatt?

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 4:06 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

You are welcome.

Okay...hopefully the last newbie question from me regarding this reservation. When I go to book the room for my parents, it is a somewhat significant higher rate to list 3 adults on the reservation. How do I go about booking this correctly. Do I list my name and one of my parents and then just straighten it out upon our arrival? Should I list my parents names and just put in my Gold Passport number? Should I call and make the reservation directly with Hyatt?

Thanks!
Book the room for 2 and don't worry about any names. The hotel won't care and neither should you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.