Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thank you for your post
You might start by posting this in the SPG Starwood forum as we are all about
Hyatt here
Unless Hyatt is willing to acquire the Sheraton brand
Good luck with your challenging situation and hope your traveling companion recovers feels better quickly
Thanks. Sorry that I carelessly posted in the wrong thread.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by peteropny
According to Hyatt T&Cs, award redemptions are not charged a resort fee.
You know, I keep forgetting that one little point they changed.

Thanks for fixing it, again, 'cause I'm sure it's not the first time
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:12 pm
Suspended

New to program ....

Ok, here goes.
I find myself staying for a week at the Maui HR, my first time at a Hyatt in a long time.

Although i am a 1K and an ExPlat, i never gave too much thought to hotel programs, since I don't stay often, and have usually found success booking with non earning OTA such as Priceline.

However, as I am spending big time on 2 rooms, I suppose now would be a good time to get going.

Any tips, suggestions or ideas?
Anything that an insider knows that a newbie wouldn't that miight help me improve or maximize....?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Greetings From the Grand Hyatt in Mebourne Australia!

Originally Posted by pokecheckted
Ok, here goes.
I find myself staying for a week at the Maui HR, my first time at a Hyatt in a long time.

Although i am a 1K and an ExPlat, i never gave too much thought to hotel programs, since I don't stay often, and have usually found success booking with non earning OTA such as Priceline.

However, as I am spending big time on 2 rooms, I suppose now would be a good time to get going.

Any tips, suggestions or ideas?
Anything that an insider knows that a newbie wouldn't that miight help me improve or maximize....?
Welcome to the Hyatt Gold Passport forum
As I am sure you are well experienced at airline programs in many ways the hotel programs can bring exceptional reward benefits sometimes more so
By being an elite member and in the right hotel program it also can bring superb recognition generally depending where you travel too.
I think you may find great value in not relying on Priceline all the time.

My first suggestion would be to get/sign up for the Hyatt/Chase Visa as it will vault you to elite Platinum status.It certainly can't hurt and it will help you
maxamize your point earning which in the end translates to more airline miles should you choose miles over points.

Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond status is the Executive Platinum or Ik of elite status at Hyatt and should you be willing to consider to make the effort
I can say it ranks up there with my top 3 favorite program benefots and recognition of all time^
Because of major changes taking place in a few of the other major programs Hyatt Gold Passport is looking mighty good to me again
I must say I am proud to have made it my primary choice based on some of the awful changes happening in other programs.
You have made a wise start with your choice of hotel and I wish you a great stay.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may think of.I have more thoughts but I am a long winded guy and I don't wish to complicate the opening thoughts here!

Cheers and welcome aboard to the world of Hyatt Gold Passport!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: UAmm, Hyatt Plat,Marriott Gold, AA EXP
How to know if a Hyatt is a resort.

I have one of the paper certs for upgrade to Club level. It says it cannot be used for resorts. Is the Grand Hyatt Doha a resort?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:17 am

According to the page link, yes, it is a resort

http://www.hyattresorts.com/
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: UAmm, Hyatt Plat,Marriott Gold, AA EXP
Thanks for point me to that page.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:10 am

Suite Upgrade question

I've looked around a bit on the threads, but can't find a specific answer.

I would like to stay one night at the Park Hyatt Vendome in August. I would like to use GP points to upgrade to a suite. Can I upgrade from a Park Guestroom or do I need to book a more expensive Park Deluxe room to upgrade?

Thanks for your patience with a noob ....
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:13 am

You need to book the prevailing deluxe room rate before you can use points for an upgrade.

Unfortunately, the rate is determined by the hotel and you will have to call to find out what rate you need to book and if the upgrade is available.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:22 am

Thanks so much - greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:49 pm

Hi all. Total newbie here so thank you for bearing with me. I currently have enough Chase UR points to book two nights at the Park Hyatt Paris. I want to book a total of 4 consecutive nights but I am waiting on the rest of the points after my next credit card cycle closes. I called the Gold Passport rep and asked if I could reserve all 4 nights, paying for two of them with Hyatt Gold Passport points and paying for the other two with just cash. Then when I get the rest of the points for the remaining two nights, she can just switch the payment method. She was not clear whether that would work or not and implied that it "sometimes" works. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'd like to grab all 4 nights now since I know the hotel books quickly... but I also don't want to be out the full cash cost of 2 nights of the switch cannot be made. Thank you!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:07 am

Why don't you just try it? You can always cancel the paid nights and get a refund.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:14 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Why don't you just try it? You can always cancel the paid nights and get a refund.
Switching from revenue to award nights doesn't work since if the property is very busy,canceling the revenue nights (which must be done) wont necessarily put the base room back into base room inventory (base room inventory is required to redeem an award night). In fact doing this, you could be doing yourself a disfavor. Why don't you book the 2 nights now and try for the other 2 when you get the points.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:40 am

I only suggested it because at least they would have the 4 nights they wanted. If they're not available when the points are, well, that's the chance the poster has to take.

I also was responded to the "being out the money" comment - as deposits are refundable
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Switching from revenue to award nights doesn't work since if the property is very busy,canceling the revenue nights (which must be done) wont necessarily put the base room back into base room inventory (base room inventory is required to redeem an award night). In fact doing this, you could be doing yourself a disfavor. Why don't you book the 2 nights now and try for the other 2 when you get the points.
Thank you Mary2e and Peteropny - I only wanted to wait because if we could only get two nights, we would just stay at a different hotel entirely and save the points for another vacation Hopefully the base rate rooms are still available when my other points are ready! I appreciate all of your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.