Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I made a reservation over the phone (as a Diamond) to the HR Tsim Sha Tsui in HK and asked to use a Diamond Suite Upgrade, but they said they could confirm me into a suite without me needing to use one. I thought complimentary suite upgrades only happened at check in?
If you really want a suite, I'd callback and apply a DSU, this property is not known for being generous with upgrades. At the very least, I would call to confirm the room type you're confirmed in.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by peteropny
If you really want a suite, I'd callback and apply a DSU, this property is not known for being generous with upgrades. At the very least, I would call to confirm the room type you're confirmed in.
I put my confirmation number into this page: https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservat...eservation.jsp

It says Regency Suite King, does that not mean I am confirmed?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
If you enroll in the diamond challenge before March and don't use any of the 4 suite upgrades, come March, will you get 4 suite upgrades in addition to the 4 you already have? Also, if I do not complete the challenge, will unused suite upgrades expire immediately, or expire on March 1st of next year?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
If you enroll in the diamond challenge before March and don't use any of the 4 suite upgrades, come March, will you get 4 suite upgrades in addition to the 4 you already have? Also, if I do not complete the challenge, will unused suite upgrades expire immediately, or expire on March 1st of next year?
Any remaining upgrades will expire 2/28, you will then start with 4 again. Not sure about the last part.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by agp423
Any remaining upgrades will expire 2/28, you will then start with 4 again. Not sure about the last part.
Once current 4 DSUs in account expire February 28, 2014, they will dissapper off of your account. If you've made reservations with DSUs expiring February 28, 2014, they will remain attached to the reservations for March 1st, 2014 and later. Note, no changes on DSUs expiring February 28, 2014, for reservations March 1st, 2014 and later. Any changes, and you relinquish the attached DSU(s).

March 1st, 2014, a new set of DSUs appear in your account, which expires February 28, 2015. Reservations made with these DSUs, prior to expiry date, you can make changes.

If on a Diamond Challenge, and you do not complete the Challenge, your DSUs will remain in your account for use prior to the expiry date. Note, no Diamond Status is attached with the DSUs. You'll be recognized for the HGP status you have when checking in.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Feb 12, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:28 pm

I put my confirmation number into this page: https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservat...eservation.jsp

It says Regency Suite King, does that not mean I am confirmed?
Sounds like you are - I'm a bit confused though.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Sounds like you are - I'm a bit confused though.
Is it really that rare? I called the Diamond GP number and asked and they actually told me it wouldn't be necessary for me to use it. If it helps, it's mid September. I don't know if that's a quiet time for Hong Kong or not.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:44 am

Is it really that rare? I called the Diamond GP number and asked and they actually told me it wouldn't be necessary for me to use it. If it helps, it's mid September. I don't know if that's a quiet time for Hong Kong or not.
It's the first time I've heard it happening.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
A complimentary guaranteed suite upgrade authorized by the hotel. And you get to keep the DSU! Awesome.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
You should check frequently on Hyatt.com to see if the room type you want opens up and if it does call to have the reservation changed.

The hotel will not really pay attention to the request until much closer to your stay, when they start to allocate rooms.
I just called the reservation line to inquire if there was availability to stay in the same room both nights, and there was! My reservation is updated & we're now booked into a queen room both nights now. Thanks for the advice!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Hello guys, Newbie to hotel here
Just curious about few things.
Got Chase IHG & Hyatt card, which give Platinum status.
1) Do I have to request for separate membership card?
2) Do you show membership card when you check in?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:35 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Jasonkr
Welcome to Hyatt GP Platinum ^
Hyatt will mail you your Platinum card with your membership kit
In the interim your account number is all you need.
Hotels typically are aware of yours status in their systems before or after check in.
Its something you should check on before travel just for peace of mind
The hotel can always call Gold Passport if there is a problem but unlikely to have too
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Welcome to Hyatt GP Platinum ^
Hyatt will mail you your Platinum card with your membership kit
In the interim your account number is all you need.
Hotels typically are aware of yours status in their systems before or after check in.
Its something you should check on before travel just for peace of mind
The hotel can always call Gold Passport if there is a problem but unlikely to have too
Awesome, thanks!
I knew it, but I just wanted to double check on it.
Received Hyatt card today, only received credit card with membership number on it.

hopefully I will receive IHG one soon!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:18 pm
Suspended

To add.. I recommend printing out a copy, or at the very least having an electronic copy confirmation of reservation with you. Details such as rates, room type and package inclusions.. as well as your membership information is important. Doesn't happen often, but its good to have your reservation details with you, in case there is a discrepancy with the front desk.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Awesome, thanks!
I knew it, but I just wanted to double check on it.
Received Hyatt card today, only received credit card with membership number on it.

hopefully I will receive IHG one soon!
Can't discuss IHG here in the Hyatt forum
IHG simply sucks though so slow
Over just the last few years I now wait an extra month or longer at renewal each year to get my new card!
Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.