Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dabee69
I have an award stay soon. It's not gonna happen in DoubleTree. I will wait for a while, maybe I can get Hilton KL for the same amount of points that were required for DT.
did you book at the earlier cat 2 or the newly adjusted cat 4????
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dabee69
I will wait for a while, maybe I can get Hilton KL for the same amount of points that were required for DT.
They might offer you the Petaling Jaya Hilton instead ...
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by mario33
They might offer you the Petaling Jaya Hilton instead ...
Which of course you should absolutely avoid! Unless you like sleeping in a room with 80's retro decor, stained carpet and water damaged and moldy walls! Utterly disgusting place.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by saad
did you book at the earlier cat 2 or the newly adjusted cat 4????
CAT 2
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum
Delayed Opening

I booked an adv purchase under the 2 for 1 opening promo for a stay in July but now it seems the DT hotel isnt going to open as scheduled. Any idea which hotel will i be relocated to?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Based on location, you may get Hotel Nikko which is diagonally across the busy junction. Based on brand you may get the KL Hilton at Sentral or even the PJ Hilton, both of which are outside the CBD.

Why dont you email the hotel and let us know what they are offering you
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by payam81
Which of course you should absolutely avoid! Unless you like sleeping in a room with 80's retro decor, stained carpet and water damaged and moldy walls! Utterly disgusting place.
The reviews of the Hilton Petaling Jaya (on TripAdvisor.com) are very mixed, and not 100% 'bad.'

After reading all the reviews, if you are fortunate enough to be on the Executive Floor, you will be fine. If not, you may be disappointed.

Given that Petaling Jaya rates are often 50% less than the Sentral property, it may be worth a chance.

Cheers!
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by ProudPatriot
The reviews of the Hilton Petaling Jaya (on TripAdvisor.com) are very mixed, and not 100% 'bad.'

After reading all the reviews, if you are fortunate enough to be on the Executive Floor, you will be fine. If not, you may be disappointed.

Given that Petaling Jaya rates are often 50% less than the Sentral property, it may be worth a chance.

Cheers!
Very true, but I may have a plausible explanation for that. Lots of the positive reviews on TA are from members with 3 or 4 contributions and usually from either Malaysia itself or India. In other words, they are hardly professional travelers like some of us here and perhaps their expectations are lower.

I stayed there twice and the first time in January it was actually an OK stay. (Not on Executive floor) They seem to have two groups of rooms. The first one I stayed in could pass as a 3 out 5 star stay. It was at least clean, had a flat screen TV and a clean bathroom. Again, not anything even close to Hilton KL, but clean enough.

The second one in March was just terrible! As if I entered an entirely different hotel! Wish I had taken photos... (actually I noticed now someone has posted some photos of the faded furniture and carpet on TA) The whole room stank of mold and mildew. There was lots of water damage around the window and the carpet was dotted with stains. The bed was very saggy and overall everything looked like from the 80's! I didn't even stay 1 hour, bolted out of there and never looked back! This is after being shown 3 other rooms, all looked the same.

I even reminded them I had stayed there before, that I KNOW there are better rooms @ this property, but they just played dumb I guess and said the room I stayed in last time was occupied, as if there is only ONE room in the entire hotel like the one I stayed in last time...

There is a reason the rates are so low, trust an HHonors Diamond member on this! But if you want to give it a shot, make sure to come back and report.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by payam81
Very true, but I may have a plausible explanation for that.
PJ Hilton : there are 2 wings in the hotel
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum
Delayed Opening

Hilton emailed me and offered to relocate me to Hilton KL at the same rate that Doubletree KL offered.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by leisuretraveller
Hilton emailed me and offered to relocate me to Hilton KL at the same rate that Doubletree KL offered.
Well done. ^ Right across from KL Sentral so you can hop on the KL Ekspress and be at the hotel in 28 minutes from KUL! Try and get a room facing the gardens.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by leisuretraveller
good outcome....
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:35 am
Suspended

I went to school with the GM's kids. Herr. Nagel
He is a german guy, I should pass on the info so they can fix that hotel.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
I went to school with the GM's kids. Herr. Nagel
He is a german guy, I should pass on the info so they can fix that hotel.
If you are refering to the PJ Hilton, the former GM has left for Beijing a couple of years ago. In any event, renovations are decided by the owners.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
PJ Hilton : there are 2 wings in the hotel
Yes, I noticed that but I couldn't put my finger on which wing I stayed in the first time. I was shown a few rooms in the wing that passes through the shops etc in front of the restaurant(s). I'd also like to add that the staff are actually quite ok and try to be helpful but it just seems like the hard product is severely lacking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.