Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:38 am

Don't delete your Axon Certs!

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Cancelled AXON reservation online points not returned, had to call the DD to realize I have to have the AXON certificate cancelled too.
I don't think this is standard operating procedure. This just happened to me too, and the Diamond Desk explained the problem was that my AXON cert had not been "associated" with the reservation.

I have cancelled AXON awards on line before and had the points immediately returned, but that didn't happen when I cancelled a few days ago. So I called and it was a pretty long phone call. She couldn't figure it out. Finally, she asked for the cert numbers. I had to search back through my e-mail. Once I found those, it went find. She said she saw them, but they were not "associated" with the reservations, so they didn't cancel when I cancelled the reservations. She had to open a "case" to get the points reinstated and told me it would take a few days.

I would guess they could have found the certs if I hadn't been able to. The problem was that I have a number of certs right now, because I'm holding several award reservations, and so it was a problem. Having the cert numbers handy really short circuited an already long phone call.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by lkar
I don't think this is standard operating procedure. This just happened to me too, and the Diamond Desk explained the problem was that my AXON cert had not been "associated" with the reservation.
It has been my experience the last few times that when I have to cancel an AXON award, I also have to cancel the certificate later with another phone call. iirc, that is the consensus here - if you have to call to make the res and award, then you have to call and make the cancellation and also cancel the cert. Will try to do it in one phone call nex time, but it does seem HHonors does not associate the reward with the cert.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by OB one
It has been my experience the last few times that when I have to cancel an AXON award, I also have to cancel the certificate later with another phone call. iirc, that is the consensus here - if you have to call to make the res and award, then you have to call and make the cancellation and also cancel the cert. Will try to do it in one phone call nex time, but it does seem HHonors does not associate the reward with the cert.
Interesting. I am pretty sure I cancelled an AXON in the last month or so and the points posted back right away, but maybe it wasn't an AXON. So darned hard to make heads or tails of the web site sometimes.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:17 am

So I have a 4 night AXON reward reservation for Moorea in April for 145k points I have recently spent a lot of money to get more Hilton points on my Amex card for an additional 2 night stay (Should post sometime next week when my statement closes).

However, if I just add them it will cost 100k points for a total of 245k. If I can rebook at the GLON rate for 6 nights it would be 225k. The nights are currently available.

The question is will they be able to add two nights and switch the award or give me the discount on the points and just add the 2 night stay?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by tigertas32
So I have a 4 night AXON reward reservation for Moorea in April for 145k points I have recently spent a lot of money to get more Hilton points on my Amex card for an additional 2 night stay (Should post sometime next week when my statement closes).

However, if I just add them it will cost 100k points for a total of 245k. If I can rebook at the GLON rate for 6 nights it would be 225k. The nights are currently available.

The question is will they be able to add two nights and switch the award or give me the discount on the points and just add the 2 night stay?
If you have enough points now, book the 6 night GLON online yourself. When you get the confirmation, cancel your AXON. I have always had to call to get my AXON points redeposited.

Or you can call the CSR and have them cancel the AXON and rebook your entire award as a 6-night GLON. You prb have to call to get the AXON cancelled and redeposited anyway. Make sure all nights are available BEFORE you make any changes.

Make it as simple as possible. Your second option (adding in the discounted nights) may be too much for the CSR to handle.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
If you have enough points now, book the 6 night GLON online yourself. When you get the confirmation, cancel your AXON. I have always had to call to get my AXON points redeposited.

Or you can call the CSR and have them cancel the AXON and rebook your entire award as a 6-night GLON. You prb have to call to get the AXON cancelled and redeposited anyway. Make sure all nights are available BEFORE you make any changes.

Make it as simple as possible. Your second option (adding in the discounted nights) may be too much for the CSR to handle.
I'd deduce that if they had to spend a lot of money on the card to get the extra points (for 2 nights) then they probably haven't got enough for 6 night GLON off the bat. Though, that would be cleanest.

I would check with CSR to see how full it was, if the could theoretically lose the rez and wait for point redeposit to rebook, though that comes with a gamble in case there is no room available at the end...

how long for an AXON redeposit to post?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
how long for an AXON redeposit to post?
Should be immediate as long as you get the CSR to manually re-deposit while on the phone with them. Best to go through Diamond Desk for this if possible.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Should be immediate as long as you get the CSR to manually re-deposit while on the phone with them. Best to go through Diamond Desk for this if possible.
I thought that AXONs were only done through the DD? They are receptive to lowly Pyrites like myself when dealing with AXON.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I thought that AXONs were only done through the DD? They are receptive to lowly Pyrites like myself when dealing with AXON.
Don't know much about that, but I do know that anyone may call the Diamond Desk and book an AXON award (1-800-920-5649). Just be prepared to grovel and offer gifts.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Booking yes, but I think you can cancel online. However, you need the DD to cancel the certificate to deposit the points back.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
AXON Gone?

Per this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ard-stays.html), it seems like the AXON and GLON awards might be going away as of March 28th. Instead, it looks like all silver, gold and platinum members will be getting a 5th night free deal instead.

I went ahead and booked one for this summer and had no problem getting the 145,000 point rate for four nights .... but it does not look good.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Uniter
Per this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ard-stays.html), it seems like the AXON and GLON awards might be going away as of March 28th. Instead, it looks like all silver, gold and platinum members will be getting a 5th night free deal instead.

I went ahead and booked one for this summer and had no problem getting the 145,000 point rate for four nights .... but it does not look good.
I wouldn't come to conclusion so fast. There is no mention of removing AXON and GLON, so it's not confirmed that they'll go away. Maybe they don't know what to do with those yet?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
AXON is a Amex selling point cardholders will have a gripe.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Vacation time
AXON is a Amex selling point cardholders will have a gripe.
I think if there is no axon and citi are offering free nights plus Amex is dropping 6x then the card is dead. They will have to offer something new or maybe just pick up a new hotel partner...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
AXON Hilton HHonors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

There is no way that the current AXON award ca survive. How would the handle the point changes based upon the time of year. It is not just a matter of 2 levels because a reservation can bridge the 2 seasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.