Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bournemouth {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:28 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
When I was booking an upcoming stay here recently I noticed that parking fees have changed a bit, so thought I would post that info here as well as finally post a bit about the breakfast from my last stay here:

Parking update:£ 10 / night for most nights BUT £ 13 now for Friday/Saturday nights!

There is also further info available regarding day stays, restaurant visits or meeting tariffs here (in pdf form from the Hilton website):

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...cing_May16.pdf

This applies for the Hilton or the Hampton as they share the car park. Don't forget to ask at reception about the fact you have a car in the car park as you need to enter the registration into the tablet for this or you'll be charged a default £ 80 at some point later on!

A final note that the last time I was here, breakfast was still very, very good in all aspects with excellent quality items in all areas including coffees, however, the service was very slow and rather lacklustre unfortunately.

Still a great hotel and looking forward to my next stay here, unfortunately think I am just going to miss seeing wizla but we'll meet up again sometime I am sure, hopefully with maxandclaude2000 as well...

safe travels.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
When I was booking an upcoming stay here recently I noticed that parking fees have changed a bit, so thought I would post that info here as well as finally post a bit about the breakfast from my last stay here:

Parking update:£ 10 / night for most nights BUT £ 13 now for Friday/Saturday nights!

There is also further info available regarding day stays, restaurant visits or meeting tariffs here (in pdf form from the Hilton website):

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...cing_May16.pdf

This applies for the Hilton or the Hampton as they share the car park. Don't forget to ask at reception about the fact you have a car in the car park as you need to enter the registration into the tablet for this or you'll be charged a default £ 80 at some point later on!

A final note that the last time I was here, breakfast was still very, very good in all aspects with excellent quality items in all areas including coffees, however, the service was very slow and rather lacklustre unfortunately.

Still a great hotel and looking forward to my next stay here, unfortunately think I am just going to miss seeing wizla but we'll meet up again sometime I am sure, hopefully with maxandclaude2000 as well...

safe travels.
Yes mate, I'm there 10th October at the Hampton ( Hilton was over £260! ) , there is a big HipHop jam at the Winchester that night and a graffiti exhibition on the Sunday too...... I noticed you are there a few days before, shame our paths won't cross this time however I'm confident we will at some point with maxandclaude too , i love this Hilton but not @ £267.

Last edited by wizla; Aug 17, 2016 at 2:51 am Reason: Wrong word.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:10 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wizla
Yes mate, I'm there 10th October at the Hampton ( Hilton was over £260! ) , there is a big HipHop jam at the Winchester that night and a graffiti exhibition on the Sunday too...... I noticed you are there a few days before, shame our paths won't cross this time however I'm confident we will at some point with maxandclaude too , i love this Hilton but not @ £267.
Agreed, I've also booked the Hampton for one of my upcoming stays as it was better value for money and the Hilton wanted too much. Looking forward to the coming Autumn when most tourists will be gone and prices for the Hilton here should lower somewhat making it a viable alternative for me as well.

I do find it bizarre that the Hampton can be had for most nights for 20k points and a small amount of cash whereas the Hilton can be over £ 200 for the same night!

EDIT: Ah, I see you are actually down on the 10th Sept (not Oct)...shame we will miss each other then, enjoy the gig. Catch up another time then!

Last edited by BotB; Aug 17, 2016 at 3:15 am Reason: won't be in New Forest at same time...
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:15 pm

Agreed, I've also booked the Hampton for one of my upcoming stays as it was better value for money and the Hilton wanted too much. Looking forward to the coming Autumn when most tourists will be gone and prices for the Hilton here should lower somewhat making it a viable alternative for me as well.

I do find it bizarre that the Hampton can be had for most nights for 20k points and a small amount of cash whereas the Hilton can be over £ 200 for the same night!

EDIT: Ah, I see you are actually down on the 10th Sept (not Oct)...shame we will miss each other then, enjoy the gig. Catch up another time then!
Yes, 10th September, not October.....well spotted!,my bad, deffo catch up some time soon.....regards .
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Ended up staying 2 nights here this week (separately booked as second night was last minute same day booking for work reasons).

First night was booked quite a while ago and on sale (cash rate hhonors B & B rate of £ 110.) Upgraded on day of arrival to exec room on 6th floor. ^

Decent stay, good staff and service. hotel was quite busy but not fully booked. Parked in garage and asked about car (entered reg on the paper form they have but not the tablet like to you do in the next door Hampton). Not charged for parking so that is nice, not sure if it is a benefit of staying here over the Hampton or not but didn't want to ask

Lounge was about half full during our time there (6 PM for a half hour). Only beer is Heineken but at least still had 3 hard spirits and red/white wine as well as prosecco. ^ snacks were topped up and there were two hot choices as well as several cold items.

We then went to the nearby Tiien Thai nearby http://www.tiienthairestaurant.co.uk that I can certainly recommend and close by. (I think it is part of the Marriott hotel in Bournemouth)

Nightcap in the level8ight sky bar which was quite empty but had good service and enjoyed a G & T or two... Nibbles and afternoon tea are on the bar menu now.

breakfast was good but you have to ask for any eggs other than scrambled. Also the plates are cold (so not heated). Still provided with made to order cappuccino or lattes using Illy coffee now. ^ Strawberry smoothies were great.

Overall a good stay.

Checked out and later found out I needed to be in the area for a customer visit so booked using the app mid morning for the same day. Cash rate of £ 220 for King room with balcony (blame the Southampton Boat Show that pushes all New Forest prices this week up to over £ 150 for even the Ibis Styles ) didn't use app to check in either day and arrived late the second day around 9 PM. upgraded to one bed suite ^^ (hotel was completely full by the evening and I checked before arriving to see what upgrade chances were...was expecting no upgrade so that was nice).

Lovely suite, have pictures but same as others have posted in the thread really.

Nespresso machine, 4 bottles of water, 2 complete sets of PTR amenities in larger sizes. ^

Balcony was nice 90 degree arc of view towards the Bournemouth beach.

The shower definitely had a lot more pressure (was a 3rd floor room) and a completely different shower head (this one is hollow in the centre almost like a Dyson device with good pressure and hot water temperatures. ^^ (nice design and still adjustable. (will need to look for one for home now )

Only one door to the balcony mid way along the windows and had to explore to find out that there is a door latch about 2/3 way up the door to secure it as balcony handle is only to close/open and move the securing latches into place but not 'lock' it. Two metal framed chairs on balcony.

too late for lounge so went to the sky bar for a couple of drinks and it was far busier (but not full) until around 1 AM when I left.

Breakfast was busier today but still excellent and had a few fried eggs but they were too well done for my liking (the yoke was hard) but that could simply be the cook being used to North Americans liking their eggs cooked longer than locals....

Anyway, great stays and good staff. Car park used again and also again only written into the reservation sheet, not the tablet...again not charged. ^

Lovely white Ferrari in the car park this morning...was wondering if wizla had arrived? @:-) ^
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:00 pm

Ended up staying 2 nights here this week (separately booked as second night was last minute same day booking for work reasons).

First night was booked quite a while ago and on sale (cash rate hhonors B & B rate of £ 110.) Upgraded on day of arrival to exec room on 6th floor. ^

Decent stay, good staff and service. hotel was quite busy but not fully booked. Parked in garage and asked about car (entered reg on the paper form they have but not the tablet like to you do in the next door Hampton). Not charged for parking so that is nice, not sure if it is a benefit of staying here over the Hampton or not but didn't want to ask

Lounge was about half full during our time there (6 PM for a half hour). Only beer is Heineken but at least still had 3 hard spirits and red/white wine as well as prosecco. ^ snacks were topped up and there were two hot choices as well as several cold items.

We then went to the nearby Tiien Thai nearby http://www.tiienthairestaurant.co.uk that I can certainly recommend and close by. (I think it is part of the Marriott hotel in Bournemouth)

Nightcap in the level8ight sky bar which was quite empty but had good service and enjoyed a G & T or two... Nibbles and afternoon tea are on the bar menu now.

breakfast was good but you have to ask for any eggs other than scrambled. Also the plates are cold (so not heated). Still provided with made to order cappuccino or lattes using Illy coffee now. ^ Strawberry smoothies were great.

Overall a good stay.

Checked out and later found out I needed to be in the area for a customer visit so booked using the app mid morning for the same day. Cash rate of £ 220 for King room with balcony (blame the Southampton Boat Show that pushes all New Forest prices this week up to over £ 150 for even the Ibis Styles ) didn't use app to check in either day and arrived late the second day around 9 PM. upgraded to one bed suite ^^ (hotel was completely full by the evening and I checked before arriving to see what upgrade chances were...was expecting no upgrade so that was nice).

Lovely suite, have pictures but same as others have posted in the thread really.

Nespresso machine, 4 bottles of water, 2 complete sets of PTR amenities in larger sizes. ^

Balcony was nice 90 degree arc of view towards the Bournemouth beach.

The shower definitely had a lot more pressure (was a 3rd floor room) and a completely different shower head (this one is hollow in the centre almost like a Dyson device with good pressure and hot water temperatures. ^^ (nice design and still adjustable. (will need to look for one for home now )

Only one door to the balcony mid way along the windows and had to explore to find out that there is a door latch about 2/3 way up the door to secure it as balcony handle is only to close/open and move the securing latches into place but not 'lock' it. Two metal framed chairs on balcony.

too late for lounge so went to the sky bar for a couple of drinks and it was far busier (but not full) until around 1 AM when I left.

Breakfast was busier today but still excellent and had a few fried eggs but they were too well done for my liking (the yoke was hard) but that could simply be the cook being used to North Americans liking their eggs cooked longer than locals....

Anyway, great stays and good staff. Car park used again and also again only written into the reservation sheet, not the tablet...again not charged. ^

Lovely white Ferrari in the car park this morning...was wondering if wizla had arrived? @:-) ^
Hahaha, I wish mate!.....one day eh?..........glad you had a good stay, small chance I may be here next Wednesday (28th ) for a record signing but not confirmed yet.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
I'm American and don't like the yolks hard on fried eggs. But I really don't like it when the whites aren't done. The Best Western Connaught has a terrific breakfast with fried eggs and the best maître d' ever - Nicky - although he might be retired now.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Thanks for all the info...

Got my first stay Monday night.

Hoping for an upgrade
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Oh dear.

Checked in for our anniversary. Was given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. Great. Waited in lounge for well over an hour, sadly no one to ask in the lounge as the young lady soon vanished. Phoned reception from lounge, reception, call hung up on me three times. Eventually room ready. Went to room and it stunk. Smell coming from bathroom. How on earth was it even supposed to be ready. There was a tray of sweet deserts for our anniversary.

Called reception for help. Phone hung up on me twice. They moved us up to the 4th floor. The same tray of sweets was in the room. I commented on it. Was told this chap intended for the room was diamond. I then pointed out that I was diamond. Guess the tray was not that special!

Been promised a bottle as a sorry. Not arrived yet after a couple of hours. Not holding out much hope.

Not how I expected a romantic night to be.

Fingers crossed for the lounge. Nothing out during the afternoon apart from the weekend now.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Oh dear.

Checked in for our anniversary. Was given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. Great. Waited in lounge for well over an hour, sadly no one to ask in the lounge as the young lady soon vanished. Phoned reception from lounge, reception, call hung up on me three times. Eventually room ready. Went to room and it stunk. Smell coming from bathroom. How on earth was it even supposed to be ready. There was a tray of sweet deserts for our anniversary.

Called reception for help. Phone hung up on me twice. They moved us up to the 4th floor. The same tray of sweets was in the room. I commented on it. Was told this chap intended for the room was diamond. I then pointed out that I was diamond. Guess the tray was not that special!

Been promised a bottle as a sorry. Not arrived yet after a couple of hours. Not holding out much hope.

Not how I expected a romantic night to be.

Fingers crossed for the lounge. Nothing out during the afternoon apart from the weekend now.
Oh, that don't sound too good mate, hope things improve!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Pictures and mini review of a Jnr Suite at the Hilton Bournemouth from stay this week:

Stayed this week on cash stay for one night mid week, upgraded on day of stay to Jnr. Suite ^^ (day before was not showing upgrade on app but mid morning of stay it was so used e checkin.)

Arrived very late and departed early next day but have to say this is a stunning room and I really liked it. I would say that it was as good as the suites here with the small exceptions that you don’t have a dividing door between living and bed area and that there is no balcony in the Jnr. Suite (but plenty of windows)…If you were considering a suite/Jnr. Suite here, I’d save some money and get the Jnr. Suite.

Parking is still £ 10 unfortunately.

Breakfast was great, coffee to order, lovely smoothies and great buffet selection, one of my favourites for breakfast in the UK.

I’ll stay again and hope the pics below tell the tale for themselves. Safe travels.

The floor plan on the top floor (8th floor):

Bournemouth Hilton | Floor plan 8th floor
by BA_pics, on Flickr

One of the themed posters (each guest room has a different one):

Bournemouth Hilton | Seaside poster
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathroom (very large and each area also very nice, almost better than the full suite here):

Bournemouth Hilton | Bathroom
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Sink and vanity area:

Bournemouth Hilton Jnr Suite sink vanity area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Very nice and large shower area:

Bournemouth Hilton | very large shower
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Large, stand alone bathtub:

Bournemouth Hilton | Nice Bath
by BA_pics, on Flickr

I’ve noticed these shower heads on many UK Hilton chain hotels (including a DT in London)…Very nice design and works great (and is lighter to hold):

Bournemouth Hilton | new shower hand wand design
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The living space:

Bournemouth Hilton | Jnr Suite living area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Wardrobe area: (slightly strange that it is in the living area rather than the bedroom):

Bournemouth Hilton | Wardrobe
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The mini bar area with Nespresso machine and kettle (in cabinet):

Bournemouth Hilton | Mini Bar area Nespresso
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Finally, the bedroom area with a lovely king sized bed:

Bournemouth Hilton | Jnr Suite King Bed
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Hope these pictures are of interest and use.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Thanks BotB, superb Junior Suite and images, it's good to know about this memorable Hilton and that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to stay with them again.

A gorgeous property, so far we haven't had the chance to stay there, but it's on our mind and hopefully we will indeed stay with them eventually in our future.

The design aspect of the Hilton Bournemouth is a direction which Hilton should explore to individualize their hotels more in the future to connect a global/local balance.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:08 am

That room does look nice, especially the bathroom. Love the tiles.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:28 am

Botb always comes up trumps when it comes to photo reviews and trip reports, I too love this hotel, I'm there 4thDec , looking forward to this!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uggboy
Thanks BotB, superb Junior Suite and images, it's good to know about this memorable Hilton and that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to stay with them again.

A gorgeous property, so far we haven't had the chance to stay there, but it's on our mind and hopefully we will indeed stay with them eventually in our future.

The design aspect of the Hilton Bournemouth is a direction which Hilton should explore to individualize their hotels more in the future to connect a global/local balance.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
^ Thanks, appreciate the kind words and enjoy your reviews and photos as well. I can't agree with you more about this being a good example of how Hilton could make a difference to other similar chains and engender interest and more custom amongst its most frequent guests.

Originally Posted by chrism20
That room does look nice, especially the bathroom. Love the tiles.
Agree, the tiles and decor make this bathroom quite nice without feeling empty. ^

Originally Posted by wizla
Botb always comes up trumps when it comes to photo reviews and trip reports, I too love this hotel, I'm there 4thDec , looking forward to this!
Thanks, I need to have good photos to make up for my lack of writing style, of which you have an abundance and quite a following (including me!). :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.