Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Is there a place near the hotel to exchange money? Typically the airport and hotel have rates 10% worse or more than independent places.

Any open until 7 or 8pm?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LAChargers
Is there a place near the hotel to exchange money? Typically the airport and hotel have rates 10% worse or more than independent places.

Any open until 7 or 8pm?
Just use ATMs (that don't incur fees).
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Just use ATMs (that don't incur fees).
I don't have an ATM card with me...
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: BA - Blue
I don't have an ATM card with me...
Oops...

A bank will give you a better rate, but you can't change more than US$500/ day, need passport. But the queues can be rather long -- try early in the morning. Depends on how much cash you need, but for a hundred or two dollars, I would just exchange at the airport or hotel.

tb
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by trueblu
Oops...

A bank will give you a better rate, but you can't change more than US$500/ day, need passport. But the queues can be rather long -- try early in the morning. Depends on how much cash you need, but for a hundred or two dollars, I would just exchange at the airport or hotel.

tb
OK. In all the countries I've been to, I've always found Travelex or other places that had much better rates but they often closed early. I've found that many banks require an account or will charge a commission or both.

I'll look around when I get there and see.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat

Any open until 7 or 8pm?
The hotels in China all charge the same fixed rate as the banks, I changed yesterday and got 6.06 RMB to the dollar which is pretty good against an interbank official rate of 6.12.

There is a daily limit of $300 though.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Great hotel, great service !

We just got back from a 5-day stay at the Hilton Wangfujing. We loved every aspect of our stay, beginning with the very responsive and helpful GM, Marc de Beer. He answered all of our questions and got us great confirmed upgrades. The Director of Operations, Bill Fisher, was very helpful in booking exactly the excursions that fitted our needs and again answering all of our questions.
A special praise to Linna Wu, Restaurant Manager at Vasco's. When she saw that our daughter hardly ate anything for breakfast one day, she packed a little goodies' bag for us to take out in case she got hungry later. When she heard that my wife was sick one day, she offered to send some food up to our room to make her feel better. You don't get this very often nowadays !
Minor glitches (wrong room service item sent; hired car was 1/2 hour late) were handled very professionally (entire room service order not charged; car charges reduced).
The location is great, you just have to walk 150m through an airconditioned mall and you're on Wangfujing street. If we come back, we will certainly stay there again.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by huegli
We just got back from a 5-day stay at the Hilton Wangfujing. We loved every aspect of our stay, beginning with the very responsive and helpful GM, Marc de Beer. He answered all of our questions and got us great confirmed upgrades. The Director of Operations, Bill Fisher, was very helpful in booking exactly the excursions that fitted our needs and again answering all of our questions.
A special praise to Linna Wu, Restaurant Manager at Vasco's. When she saw that our daughter hardly ate anything for breakfast one day, she packed a little goodies' bag for us to take out in case she got hungry later. When she heard that my wife was sick one day, she offered to send some food up to our room to make her feel better. You don't get this very often nowadays !
Minor glitches (wrong room service item sent; hired car was 1/2 hour late) were handled very professionally (entire room service order not charged; car charges reduced).
The location is great, you just have to walk 150m through an airconditioned mall and you're on Wangfujing street. If we come back, we will certainly stay there again.
Why not try out a different part of Beijing on your next trip? There is so much more to Beijing than the downtown tourist sites!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond
Originally Posted by huegli
What was your upgrade as a diamond.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by convert
What was your upgrade as a diamond.
I think it was a 2-category upgrade for me as Diamond (paid Lifestyle Suite, got Deluxe suite) and 1 category for my wife as Gold (we booked a rooms).
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Great Stay

Just got back from a trip to Asia, and felt compelled to write and mention how much I enjoyed the Hilton Wangfujing. I'm a Gold, and stayed on points- was upgraded to an executive level room with lounge access. The room was spacious, and the lounge was excellent-- very nice breakfast, snacks and beverages all day, and plenty of bottled water. I stayed in a number of other hotels in China and then India (Carlson, Marriott, Starwood) where I had lounge access, breakfast, etc., but overall the Hilton was most comfortable and enjoyable. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a property in that area.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
How to contact the hotel for directions in Mandarin

I can't seem to find a "contact us" link on the Hilton Beijing Wanfujing website. I'd like to email the hotel and get a return email with directions in Mandarin to show the taxi driver.
Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by card1953
I can't seem to find a "contact us" link on the Hilton Beijing Wanfujing website. I'd like to email the hotel and get a return email with directions in Mandarin to show the taxi driver.
Thanks for any help.
[email protected]

Had a great stay there end of August. Upgraded to a nice suite, the lounge is very nice, staff is great.
Located near Wangfujing Shopping Street and not far away from Tianamen Square and Forbidden City.
Can absolutely recommend this hotel.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:46 pm

Great Hotel

Stayed 6 nights last week. One of the best executive lounge staffs ever. Morrison, the manager, was exceptional.

The only complaint is that for 6 nights the breakfast or cocktail hour snack selections never changed. I suggested they might consider a 3 day rotation, etc.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:53 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Talking Detailed Beijing subway maps!

Are there any Detailed Subway maps for Beijing available on the Internet?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.