Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}

Does anyone know the opening date for the Hilton Wangfujing?
How does it compare to the Beijing Hilton?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
December 2008 according to hotel's fact sheet.

Doubletree Beijing opens June 2008.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by BobCharlap
Does anyone know the opening date for the Hilton Wangfujing?
How does it compare to the Beijing Hilton?
Hilton beijing is not centrally located, but the new Hilton Wangfujing is in the center of the center.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

thanks........ booked the GLONP @ the old Hilton and was hoping tthis one was going to be online for the Olympics!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yyliu88
Hilton beijing is not centrally located, but the new Hilton Wangfujing is in the center of the center.
While the new Hilton looks impressive, I prefer Yansha to Wangfujing (easier to get around the perimeter, more/better restaurants, and a fast drive from the airport).
Old Apr 8, 2008, 7:26 am
Original Poster

thanks......... we will keep with the original reservation and taxi to where we need to go from there.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:05 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
There seems very little about this new property when I do a Google search. And the Hilton web site says the property will be open in time for the Olympics--but is not taking any reservations. Not even for November or beyond.

I guess it will be like most Hilton openings--many months or years delayed....
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by travelexpert
There seems very little about this new property when I do a Google search. And the Hilton web site says the property will be open in time for the Olympics--but is not taking any reservations. Not even for November or beyond.

I guess it will be like most Hilton openings--many months or years delayed....
I think this one was originally slated to be the Scandic Beijing, but since Scandic is no longer part of Hilton, now they renamed it Hilton Wangfujing.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
The Hilton home page for the hotel has it as a Cat 2. Could this possably be correct?

Also, has anyone had any success through the Diamond Desk finding any rewards avail at all during Olympics at any HH property? I know, crazy, right? I'm sure the answer is probably no, but some are saying there might be a glut of rooms last minute. I am going to be there for 30 days for work. The work accommodations might be pedestrian and I'd like to escape to a real hotel for a couple of days.

Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:54 am
Original Poster

I also will be the for a month of work during the Olympics.
We booked a HH award for the last week in July @ the Beijing Hilton and had no problems booking through the web site.
Old May 8, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by jbatl
The Hilton home page for the hotel has it as a Cat 2. Could this possably be correct?

Also, has anyone had any success through the Diamond Desk finding any rewards avail at all during Olympics at any HH property? I know, crazy, right? I'm sure the answer is probably no, but some are saying there might be a glut of rooms last minute. I am going to be there for 30 days for work. The work accommodations might be pedestrian and I'd like to escape to a real hotel for a couple of days.

Thanks.
It has been changed to Cat. 5
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA
Does anybody have more information whether the hotel is already open ? I can make bookings on the Hilton Web Site and found also information that it was opening for the Olympics but I can't find any reviews yet.

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news08...nBeijing.shtml

Did anybody already stay there ?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hilton, Starwood, Delta
Cannot book non-smoking room

Haven't stayed at the hotel myself. Did hear from some relatives that the hotel is very impressive looking and I am planning on staying there in October. Tried to book a reward stay for non-smoking room but it seems like non-smoking rooms are not available for redemption even when standard non-smoking rooms are available for purchase. No one at Hilton knows why...
Old Aug 24, 2008, 9:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've booked an award stay in May, 2009, and put a note in my booking about requiring a nonsmoking room as well as late arrival. It's documented, I've got a copy, we'll see how it goes. (Hopefully this issue may be resolved by then, but I have noticed some European hotels, like Hilton Heathrow, where nonsmoking tends to get replaced with smoking in bookings.)

I'll be staying several days and relocating to the Crowne Plaza to connect with my National Geographic Expedition group, so it'll be interesting to make the comparison.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by JDiver
I've booked an award stay in May, 2009, and put a note in my booking about requiring a nonsmoking room as well as late arrival. It's documented, I've got a copy, we'll see how it goes. (Hopefully this issue may be resolved by then, but I have noticed some European hotels, like Hilton Heathrow, where nonsmoking tends to get replaced with smoking in bookings.)

I'll be staying several days and relocating to the Crowne Plaza to connect with my National Geographic Expedition group, so it'll be interesting to make the comparison.
If you go to the Crowneplaze (Wangfujing) I would suggest that you pay for an executive room, they are a lot nicer then their regular rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.