Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:35 pm

An FT member who wishes to remain anonymous has sent me a link to the latest excursion price list he/she has externally hosted. You can find it here.

Thanks to him/her for making this available, especially since Conrad's website doesn't list prices.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Thanks, MaldivesFreak, for your comments on the rooms I am considering.
The Premium Water Villas dont seem to be available on my dates. The best alternative seems to be the DWV and I will take one of these.

A friend recently brought to my attention ISIS in the Maldives. Google is full of news articles, albeit from mostly fringe news organizations. Have recent guests noticed any heightened security at the airport? Resorts? Is there anything to be concerned or aware about?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC

Dolphin, turtle, crab, clown fish, manta & octopus.
They really do make good collectibles. Still no words from anyone at Conrads Maldives on the stuffed toys yet, unfortunately...
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Immortalist
They really do make good collectibles. Still no words from anyone at Conrads Maldives on the stuffed toys yet, unfortunately...
Do the toys have any Conrad Maldives logos/tags on them?

Now, looks like I will have to go there and collect some toys We are two adults, no kids FWIW
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer ∙ Hilton Diamond
The white tag on the toys say 'Conrad Maldives Rangali Island ' on them.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Do the toys have any Conrad Maldives logos/tags on them?

Now, looks like I will have to go there and collect some toys We are two adults, no kids FWIW
Not too sure why many hotel chains (Ritz-Carlton comes to mind) seem to think that stuffed toys are only reserved for kids. We adults like to collect, too! Those Conrad stuffed toys are addictive to collect. I have to say that since discovering their existence I've ended up traveling to a few more places that I would've otherwise not contemplated.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Wanted to report back that they are renovating (refreshing?) the Superior Water Villas. We started in 338 (not renovated) but had to move, due to the ridiculously loud construction noise including jack hammering to rip up the floors next door in 337. They noted that the rebuild of 337 will take approx 5 days. We were moved to 342 which appears to have been finished. Differences we noticed from 338 include a new TV, new mood lighting added to the ceilings, new floors, and new wall boards. 337 should be done on Friday and 342 is definitely done (haven't asked but it is clear when comparing with 338); to note when requesting a SWV to try and get a recently refreshed one. Also, we received a 10% off coupon for Koko Grille, lobsters and champagne or beach BBQ as diamond members. Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet.

For those considering either a RWV or a SWV, we prefer the SWV compared to our trip last year. While the RWV is larger and has a more extravagant bathroom, the layout of the SWV is much more efficient and centered around the phenomenal sunset view. Also, the snorkeling off the deck is great. We also prefer the smaller island and proximity to Vilu and Quiet Zone. When they were sorting out the construction issue, they offered to move us to a RWV but we declined to stay in a SWV.

One last difference we noticed is that Vilu has a completely new menu for breakfast and dinner; I had oysters rockefeller for breakfast this morning.

Love this place so much!!

Last edited by Michael19887; Jan 16, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
An FT member who wishes to remain anonymous has sent me a link to the latest excursion price list he/she has externally hosted. You can find it here.

Thanks to him/her for making this available, especially since Conrad's website doesn't list prices.
I'm confused-- are these the same prices for the excursions booked through Conrad? Or are these only if booked direct?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Thanks, MaldivesFreak, for your comments on the rooms I am considering.
The Premium Water Villas dont seem to be available on my dates. The best alternative seems to be the DWV and I will take one of these.
Welcome. If you aren't strong swimmers and are concerned about the current, I advise to request to not be in the last couple of DWVs as the current starts getting strong in that area.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm confused-- are these the same prices for the excursions booked through Conrad? Or are these only if booked direct?
Erm, don't quite get you. Isn't booking through the Conrad booking direct?

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Wanted to report back that they are renovating (refreshing?) the Superior Water Villas. We started in 338 (not renovated) but had to move, due to the ridiculously loud construction noise including jack hammering to rip up the floors next door in 337. They noted that the rebuild of 337 will take approx 5 days. We were moved to 342 which appears to have been finished. Differences we noticed from 338 include a new TV, new mood lighting added to the ceilings, new floors, and new wall boards. 337 should be done on Friday and 342 is definitely done (haven't asked but it is clear when comparing with 338); to note when requesting a SWV to try and get a recently refreshed one. Also, we received a 10% off coupon for Koko Grille, lobsters and champagne or beach BBQ as diamond members. Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet.

For those considering either a RWV or a SWV, we prefer the SWV compared to our trip last year. While the RWV is larger and has a more extravagant bathroom, the layout of the SWV is much more efficient and centered around the phenomenal sunset view. Also, the snorkeling off the deck is great. We also prefer the smaller island and proximity to Vilu and Quiet Zone. When they were sorting out the construction issue, they offered to move us to a RWV but we declined to stay in a SWV.

One last difference we noticed is that Vilu has a completely new menu for breakfast and dinner; I had oysters rockefeller for breakfast this morning.

Great news! Thanks for the info. Will add the info to the wiki. Would you be able to find out if the 10% off coupon is a permanent addition and if it's for Golds as well. Oh, and pics of Vilu's new menus if you have the chance. TIA! Sorry to hear about the noise and hope you enjoy the rest of the stay!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Erm, don't quite get you. Isn't booking through the Conrad booking direct?
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The prices listed in the photo -- https://www.scribd.com/document/3366...ursions-Prices

Are these the prices the resort charges? I interpreted the original post to mean that an anonymous member runs a third party business for these excursions.
But re-reading it, it just means the anonymous member just posted the photo with the prices.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:15 am

Yes, they are what the resort is charging. Have they gone up again? Haven't had time to compare myself.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:26 am

renovated/refreshed SWV

Originally Posted by Michael19887

Do you have any photos of the refreshed SWV by any chance??
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
What's the best way to deal with this .... or am I over thinking it.

We are looking to stay for 6 nights in total.
I am Diamond, my wife is Gold.
We have one free weekend certificate each; thus two nights in a beach villa.
Now the other 4 nights, we will be paying cash and likely booking a SWV.

I know upgrades are not given at this property however I am hoping for lots of positive goodwill ..... and trying to arrange my bookings to maximise the 2 reward nights be upgraded?

I am thinking the first four nights cash, then my wife, then me again .... hopefully the resort is not at capacity and we, luckily, get to stay in our original SWV for the last two (reward) nights.

or should I go for my reward, my wife's reward, then four nights paid.

I expect to move during my stay in any instance so if neither of the above works, my expectation is set appropriately.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
What's the best way to deal with this .... or am I over thinking it.

We are looking to stay for 6 nights in total.
I am Diamond, my wife is Gold.
We have one free weekend certificate each; thus two nights in a beach villa.
Now the other 4 nights, we will be paying cash and likely booking a SWV.

I know upgrades are not given at this property however I am hoping for lots of positive goodwill ..... and trying to arrange my bookings to maximise the 2 reward nights be upgraded?

I am thinking the first four nights cash, then my wife, then me again .... hopefully the resort is not at capacity and we, luckily, get to stay in our original SWV for the last two (reward) nights.

or should I go for my reward, my wife's reward, then four nights paid.

I expect to move during my stay in any instance so if neither of the above works, my expectation is set appropriately.
Having never been, take my opinion with a grain of salt, but it seems like even a beach villa is an amazing place to be. I would not worry if I had to be two nights in a beach villa and four nights in a SWV. Sounds like bliss to me. I have five nights booked and paid upgrades each night to a SWV, but if I was offered a sixth night free in a beach villa, you think I'd say no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.