Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Athens {GRC}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2008, 5:23 am

Hanlgt, you said you walked to a nearby Internet cafe that was cheap. Could you tell me where? And do you remember how much?

Thank you.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 7:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton Athens Trip Reports and Reviews thread. Many questions asked here are answered there. (Not sure about the Internet café, myself.

The distance to town is certainly not unwalkable - we managed it several times. It will take a half hour anyway.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 5:37 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Restaurants near Athens Hilton

We are staying at the Hilton in Athens and I was wondering if there were any remarkable restaurants nearby? Any suggestion will do - fancy, cheap, etc.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:11 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Athens Hilton

Does anyone know how to get from the Athens airport to Hilton on the subway? Also, if I am using a certificate, does it include breakfast or anything.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
In case you don't get an answer, you might want to check the Europe forum.

In regard to breakfast, it's the same as a paid stay, based on a) you Hilton status and b) Hilton T&C for properties outside of the US.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Take the metro to Evangelismos station, which is one stop before Syntagma. The Hilton is across the road.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
For real cheap food, you can always get a gyros from shops in Syntagma Square and Plaka and Monastiraki down the street from it. There are two facing each other very near Monastiraki metro station, they have the best ones...but they 're all good:-)

You can try the Greek version of McDonalds if you want...it is called Goody's, much better food than McD but not as a great value as a few gyros to go

The way the prices have shot up in Greece and the dollar decline next time I am there I will live on gyros sandwiches
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:04 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The Goody's restaurant is across the side street opposite from the Acropolis view side, near the back of the hotel. The food is reasonably priced and good.

There are also some restaurants if you walk down a couple of blocks on the side street facing the Acropolis view, mostly on the opposite side from the Hilton.

Sorry, I don't know the actual street names.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Take the metro to Evangelismos station, which is one stop before Syntagma. The Hilton is across the road.
Yes, it is pretty much straightforward. Just be careful to take the metro from Athens airport and not the suburban train that goes to Larissa station.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:15 am

Programs: hh dia,spg plt,PC plat amb, lh sen
u can also use the airport bus , it leaves just outside the terminal , less walking than to the metro, it stops 150 m from the hilton, tell the driver to stop there when u get oin . it is the bus going to syntagma /sindagma .
makes particular sense when the next busdeparture is closer than the next metro departure . it is also a bit cheaper .
the trip takes around 40 min as far as i remember
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:00 pm

As noted, take the metro to the Evangelismos station, just note that the walk from the station is a *little* further than just across the street. There's also 2 exits from the station. Not entirely sure which one is better to use (we used the one that I think is to the right as you face it, and comes out into a park type area, which I think ends up being a slightly more difficult walk, but also you don't cross the bigger of the two streets the hilton is on, so it might be a wash. We did also have a couple of suitcases each clipped together since we were there before a cruise, so less luggage certainly would make it easier).

We also found that as you start getting closer to the Evangelismos station, the metro gets crowded pretty quick. So if you stick your luggage on the rack in the train, make sure you start to move to get to it before you actually get to the station, because it's not going to stop long enough if you have to fight a crowd.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Dont forget Megaro Music Stop

There are 2 Metro stops very close to hotel. Evangelismos and Megaro Moussikis (Great Music Hall). The Evangelismos station is only a shade closer. However if you are coming from/going to airport and do not want to cross any major intersections with your luggage, I would recommend the Megaro Moussikis stop. The stop is on the same street as the hotel. I used both on my last trip and found both to be fine. If you are disoriented when you exit the subway, look for a large glass looking statue of a "runner" and head toward it. It is directly across from the hotel.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by drnp
There are 2 Metro stops very close to hotel. Evangelismos and Megaro Moussikis (Great Music Hall). The Evangelismos station is only a shade closer. However if you are coming from/going to airport and do not want to cross any major intersections with your luggage, I would recommend the Megaro Moussikis stop. The stop is on the same street as the hotel. I used both on my last trip and found both to be fine. If you are disoriented when you exit the subway, look for a large glass looking statue of a "runner" and head toward it. It is directly across from the hotel.
Not having to cross major intersection would definitely be an advantage. Crossing that street with luggage (or even without) was an entertaining experience quite frankly.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:20 am

The metro between the airport and downtown is scheduled to be closed for some months for major repairs/expansion. I would contact the hotel or metro or look for other up to date information.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by drnp
If you are disoriented when you exit the subway, look for a large glass looking statue of a "runner" and head toward it. It is directly across from the hotel.
It looks like this: http://flickr.com/photos/hbyerly/132...7594113211234/

For goodness sake do your homework about taxi rates in case you arrive tired and decide to take the path of least resistance. Rates (even the printed rate card ones) vary wildly from the ridiculous to the downright criminal. Negotiate up front!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.