Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Athens {GRC}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:59 am

Programs: Delta PL & MM, Starwood PL, Hyatt Diam, Hilton Diam
Question Hilton Athens Hi-Speed Internet Cost per day?

Has anyone used the hi-speed in room internet access at the Hilton Athens? Do you know what the cost is per day (yes I am bringing my laptop with me on vacation...no choice).

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 3, 2006 at 10:47 pm Reason: This milepost (and the following milepost) were merged into this thread unedited.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:43 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeK
Has anyone used the hi-speed in room internet access at the Hilton Athens? Do you know what the cost is per day (yes I am bringing my laptop with me on vacation...no choice).
Was there a month ago - cost was EU27/day. Could not find a wireless/free signal. Only used in the room - so I do not know about the lobby.

--Jim
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM,Hilton diamond
Athens Hilton exec Lounge any recent Experiences?

I will be staying at the Athens Hilton in the comming month on the executive level and was wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences on this level and can comment as to the executive lounge? I have searched the site but can not find any recent trip reports. Thanks in advance for any comments
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: HH diamond
Was there in late September. The lounge is quite nice, modest-sized. It is divided into smoking and non-smoking sides, no physical barrier. So smoke does drift.
The breakfast is quite good, with both Greek and regular continental selections. In the evening, there are beers and Greek wines as well as soft drinks. Substantial cold hors-d'oeuvre as well (salmon, prawns, olives, fruit, nuts). A couple of large screen plasma TV and international papers. No computer for internet but free wireless access if you have your own laptop.

The executive lounge looks out onto the Acropolis, gorgeous with the setting sun. There is a balcony where you can enjoy the view but since the hotel is on the corner of 2 very busy streets it is still noisy despite being so high up. In the evenings it can get crowded and noisy.

The rooms are fairly large by European standards with large bathrooms. The bathroom had a tub a separate shower. If you are diamond, you have priority for a room with a view (Acropolis).

The Athens Hotel is very well-situated. Just a block from the metro stop and one stop away from the heart of Athens. Enjoy your trip.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Nice 2 night award stay

Just got back from a 2 night award stay at the Athens Hilton and wanted to post a quick report. Took taxi from airport for 25 Euro. Was given room on 10th floor (Rm 1004), and Executive lounge access without having to ask for it (always nice). Room had terrific view of Acropolis (especially at night). Welcome plate of fruit, 2 bottles of water, and bottle of red wine were waiting in our room. Plate was re-filled with more fruit and another bottle of wine were delivered the next night. Couldn't have asked for more.

Traffic noise can be an issue. I could hear car horns and sirens all night, even though I was on the 10th floor. Breakfast in Executive lounge consisted of cereal, croissants, cheese, and cold meats (salmon was excellent). Food in afternoon and evening was not much to write home about, but wine and beer were always well stocked.

There are 2 Metro stops very close to hotel. Evangelismos (sp?) and Megaro Music (Great Music Hall). The Evangelismos station is a little closer, however if you are coming from/going to airport, I would recommend the Megaro Music stop as you do not have to cross any major intersections with your luggage.

Staff were very friendly and room was nicely furnished with modern furniture and TV. Would not hesitate to recommend hotel to anyone.

drnp
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have an upcoming reservation there and would like to send an email. Does anyone have their email address?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Celebrity Elite Plus, SeaDream Yacht Club
I will be staying at the Hilton Athens later this week. Has anyone stayed here recently or have any update?

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Celebrity Elite Plus, SeaDream Yacht Club
Well, I am at the Hilton Athens now and there are massive fires around Southern Greece and high winds are blowing the smoke and ash all over Athens and onto the hotel property. The highway between the airport and downtown was closed earlier today because of another fire. Nearly every TV station is showing the terrible time the residents and firefighters are having. We cannot see the fires from the hotel, but there is smoke everywhere...
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, Mariott Platinum
Any recent reward stays at the Hilton Athens?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The indoor swimming pool is closed "as of Sunday the 20th of January until Tuesday the 12th of February". Oh, well, I should have gone to the GB.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 8:55 am

Dose anybody know e-mail add of Hilton Athens? HH gold desk would not give it to me but would send an e-mail for me. I asked them to but I don't think they did.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kiyotaka
Dose anybody know e-mail add of Hilton Athens? HH gold desk would not give it to me but would send an e-mail for me. I asked them to but I don't think they did.
[email protected] Found on the www.hilton.co.uk website which usually has more thorough hotel info

sdcarver
Old Feb 3, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
This is an excerpt from an entire trip report I wrote about my visit to Greece in September, 2007. I have pasted this part about the Athens Hilton:

---The Athens Hilton is a super sleek modern hotel, although not exactly near many things you want to walk to, so you have to rely on the metro (and the stop is not a place you want to exit at night, as it comes out in the middle of a rather lonely and dark park and you have to walk up a somewhat rocky path to get to the hotel) or a taxi to get around. I stayed here two nights on Hilton Honors points and since I am a gold member, they put me on the 11th floor, which has its own concierge and check-in area and a wonderful little lounge area with a great view of the Parthenon from the little balcony. My room was on the other side, so the only view was of the street below, but the room was very comfortable and the bed and bathroom were great, especially the bathtub. There was a large fruit plate and a bottle of white wine waiting for me in the room, along with a bottle of water, and upon awakening the next morning, I went to the lounge where I had some free light snacks for breakfast along with my fruit and enjoyed the view and the beautiful weather.

Right outside the hotel there is a bus stop for the bus number 400, I think, which is the bus that takes you around the whole city in a loop and you are allowed to get on and off with one ticket price of 4 Euro, if I remember correctly. Luckily for me, when I got on and asked how much to pay, the cashier woman said that "Today is National Arts Day" or something to that effect, which meant that all admittances to tourist things were free. So I rode around and decided to just take it right back to the hotel after seeing the city from the bus, since I was planning to meet my daughter the next day and do stuff with her then. The whole circle is less than 90 minutes, and the bus is supposed to come every half hour, but I waited about 45 minutes at the stop and I don't know if that is typical.

I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, and besides being overpriced, it was excellent food and service and when I ate there around 6 pm there were about 5 people in the whole place. I wanted to use the internet and the hotel did not offer a business center--or if they did the price was outrageous (I can't remember) so I walked to a nearby Internet cafe that was cheap. There is not much in the immediate area to walk to, though, such as shopping, or much variety in restaurants.

Overall, I really enjoyed my two-day stay here and the service was excellent all around.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:20 am

Thank you Hanlgt, very informative, we’ll be there for 2 days in April and might hop on to the bus# 400.

I do not understand why Hilton is charging so much for the internet access, when I inquired by e-mail, they told me the cost was at 9.00 EUR for the 1 hour option & 27 EUR for the 24 hour option using own laptop. Where exactly is the internet café you used near Hilton, how far is it?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Executive Platinum
I really enjoyed our stay there last year. Booked a couple nights on our way to Mykonos and found the hotel to be excellent. Great diamond lounge. Interestingly enough, when we were there, the #400 bus was also free. Excellent way to see the city as it stops at all the popular destinations. Make sure you save plenty of time for the Parthenon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.