Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by LukeRoz
thanks for the reply! So I'm not going crazy thinking that an AXON award stay costs the same points as a normal 4 night award stay? wow, thats awful!
That is sometimes the case since Hilton did their crazy revamp/deval of their program. However, if you wanted to use a 4 night award stay at this property in the Dec-Apr timeframe, you would find it is a 50,000 point/night property and therefore would save using an AXON award.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
That is sometimes the case since Hilton did their crazy revamp/deval of their program. However, if you wanted to use a 4 night award stay at this property in the Dec-Apr timeframe, you would find it is a 50,000 point/night property and therefore would save using an AXON award.
Exactly right. Now that categories have cost bands/ranges instead of a fixed cost for each category, you always have to run the numbers. (That's why I built that spreadsheet.) Sometimes AXON costs less than a 4-night stay at the regular award rate, sometimes more, and occasionally the same. However, AXON is always a worse deal on 5-night stays.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:55 pm

thank you for the replies! Made the decision whether or not to transfer points easier. Definitely not happening lol
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:56 am

How do I book an AXON stay? Diamond desk tells me they don't see any axon certificates on my account. They asked if I had a certificate number. I said no. And they told me to call AMEX. I call AMEX and they say everything looks good with my account and shouldn't need a certificate. I have the AMEX hhonors surpass card.

I've spoke to two different people on diamond desk about this.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by wilkinsjme
How do I book an AXON stay? Diamond desk tells me they don't see any axon certificates on my account. They asked if I had a certificate number. I said no. And they told me to call AMEX.
The Diamond Desk CSR you spoke with is confused, to put it delicately. Call back & try again, escalating to a supervisor if necessary.

FYI, a "certificate" is HH-speak for their internal record of an award stay booked on points. If you want to book an award stay but haven't done so, there's no certificate yet, which is why the CSR's comment is so deeply clueless.

For a comprehensive discussion of AXON awards, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16555294-post4.html.

Also, welcome to FT--or at least to posting here. (A member since 2005 but your first post? That must be some sort of record.)
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:38 am

Thanks. Finally have it resolved. Took several times on hold so the person could talk to other agents.

You are right about no certificate. They need to generate it by entering a code based upon the category hotel you want to stay at. Then it's available to apply to the reservation you are making.

Now I've doubled my number of posts!
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I haven't redeemed an AXON6 since the Tropicana DoubleTree in May 13.

It is good to see there is now a handy spreadsheet (in Post #11 on the other thread, with booking details in Post #4) to compare the various non-AXON options.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:19 pm

So I tried using the spreadsheet, but it looks like it assumes I'm Elite and can get Axon + 5th night free.

I'm Hilton Gold (NOT elite) via the Amex Hilton surpass card.

Was looking at The Reach, Waldorf Astoria in Key West for June of 2017. Looks like 7 nights is approx. 59,500 points per night for standard reward.

Doesn't appear that points+cash is an option at that hotel (ever).

Is AXON only usable for 4 nights? (ie, you stay 7, you can't get AXON?)
If so, can you book 2 AXON in a row (8 nights?)
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
So I tried using the spreadsheet, but it looks like it assumes I'm Elite and can get Axon + 5th night free.

I'm Hilton Gold (NOT elite) via the Amex Hilton surpass card. You DO have elite status. Includes Silver, Gold and Diamond levels.

Was looking at The Reach, Waldorf Astoria in Key West for June of 2017. Looks like 7 nights is approx. 59,500 points per night for standard reward.

If so, can you book 2 AXON in a row (8 nights?) The AXON award is for 4 night stays only, although you can add additional nights to a stay, whether using cash or points (or points+cash).
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Status has nothing to do with AXON awards or 5th night free. If you are a HHonors member, you may use either or a combination of both. AXON is simply a perk of having a HHonors co-branded AmEx card, 5fth night free effectively reduces the amount of points needed per night by 20%.

Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:10 pm

Gold is elite.

The spreadsheet (and the post it appears in, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16556311-post11.html) indicate pretty clearly that you can mix/match awards to get to whatever total number of nights you want.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
As AXON awards have been discontinued this thread is now closed.

Sad day.

Thanks

Squeakr
Co Mod HH
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:12 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

As the AXON award has been extended through February 15, 2017, this discussion is now open again until then.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Canarsie
As the AXON award has been extended through February 15, 2017, this discussion is now open again until then.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum
Has Hilton made a public announcement that I am not aware of???
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:41 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Has Hilton made a public announcement that I am not aware of???
I do not know about a public announcement — the information is here — but I also found out through representatives of the Hilton HHonors program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.