Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2002, 11:10 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NeverAtHome:
CameraGuy - this year it's Starwood giving away the Gold status it seems. Hilton's just been giving away the miles with their promo's.</font>
CNTU for HHonors is an instant gold upgrade, PLUS 50K bonus points after 4 paid stays. You have to make sure it's entered correctly (tell them to enter the code both in the promo section and the tier upgrade section), but it is a gold "giveaway". Originally a targeted promo, after being posted here they eventually opened it up to anyone.

However, I tend to disagree with the assertion that they are treating it "like candy". While they are essentially giving it to anyone who asks, not everyone knows about it, only targeted people who fit a profile and savvy's that read boards like this one. So there is a selective process going on.

I guess I'm not clear how this "dilution", as it is often called, negatively impacts those who've "earned" it. I could be ignorant of the impact, but I haven't seen the causes of the dissatisfaction elaborated here.

Old Aug 27, 2002, 12:41 pm

Thanks, NAH and others for excellent ideas. Called and sent info to Starwood today to comp to Platinum. I still have not had a stay at a *wood property. I do enjoy the benefits of Hilton Diamond and will continue to stay at those properties most of the time, but why not take advantage of other programs generousity.

BTW, NeverAtHome, how long did it take to get confirmation of the upgradefrom *wood?
Old Aug 27, 2002, 1:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by greggwiggins:
I can vouch for that -- having received an unsolicited Starwood Gold card in the mail last week.</font>
I got one too - and I haven't stayed in a Starwood property for at least 3 years.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 2:27 pm

I faxed the info into the Platinum concierge and saw it updated on the website within 2 days.

Here's the info from the Starwood Lurker:
1-888-625-4991

Fax the request to:
Program Services
Platinum Concierge
Starwood Preferred Guest Program
(512) 836-4002

Old Aug 27, 2002, 2:52 pm

The free gold spg came from DL because it had a skymiles offer. 3000 miles after 3 stays, 6000 after 6 stays and 9000 after 9 stays. They'll probably hook me for a few stays for the miles, particularly now that I will be a Plat. Thanks again, NeverAtHome.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 4:29 pm

Also remember that Starwood charges you for everything: phone, internet, water, coffee....

Alright, not tap water but definitely bottled water. At $2.00 per TOLL-FREE call, this can add up. (They'll probably start charging for tapwater next year.)

Comparitively, many Hiltons provide business services/amenities for free, and I often get a couple bottles of water at checkin.

On my last engagement, I stayed at a Doubletree over a newly refurbished Westin because I was tired of getting nickled and dimed.

That said, I try to keep at the top level in both chains, to keep options open. However, I not hesitate to pick Diamond over Platinum.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 5:03 am

Programs: No status anywhere :(
I hate to contribute to topic drift but I too got an unsolicited SPG Gold upgrade this year. And I had maybe two stays at Sheraton last year. They must be in cahoots with the airlines, buying lists of elite flyers.

For the record, though, it hasn't really affected my travel. I've only stayed at a Sheraton twice this year--once in Tacoma, Washington (Sheraton is the only real hotel in town) and at BDL (where the Sheraton is literally connected to the terminal and can't be beat, proximity to the airport-wise).

I'm remaining loyal to HH, and hoping to make Diamond this year. Although SPG's late checkout is a nice perk--no begging like at Hilton just to get one or two o'clock.

------------------
Jon Wright
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

[edited to add missing word]

[This message has been edited by jwright (edited 08-28-2002).]
Old Aug 28, 2002, 1:59 pm

Just noticed my comp Plat upgrade posted on SPG.com. It will be interesting to compare to Diamond with Hilton. Thanks, again, NeverAtHome
Old Aug 28, 2002, 3:16 pm

addbud, just did my first stay on the Club level at a Sheraton last night - free beers and appetizers plus reading material in the lounge, automatically got the upgraded room (larger mostly with more junk in the bathroom) without asking...

Since I stay primarily at Homewoods (99.9%), not much to get upgraded to so I can't really compare.

Not complaining though - I mostly wanted the upgrade to get the extra points to get my vacation stays faster! The club level is pure gravy for me.

glad to help!
Old Nov 6, 2002, 3:52 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Elite Level Above Diamond??

Ok, here’s the story: a friend of a friend (yes, I know!) says that he is a special elite with Hilton that is above Diamond. Supposedly, one of the perks of this special elite level is that it makes available to him a room at any Hilton at any time, even if he should just walk in and ask for a room. He says that every Hilton keeps at least a couple of rooms vacant to accommodate this special elite level. He also says that he gets perks from Hilton like free show and game tickets as well. Anybody know of such an elite level?

------------------
Old Nov 6, 2002, 4:00 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Starwood has such a level called VIP. It's by invitation only from the CEO or high ranking Starwood official. It is usually given to other CEOs and people at high-levels of an organization. It serves no big purpose to give it to a celebrity or obscenely wealthy person, though, since they would likely just book the suite they want at the rack rate.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hilton, or any of the big chains for that matter, had the same type of guest recognition.
Old Nov 6, 2002, 4:41 pm

A HGI general manager once told me that the highest HHonors tier is "Platinum." To achieve Platinum one must be nominated by a GM and approved by Hilton corporate. I don't know the benefits of Platinum status. And no, he didn't nominate this lowing HHonor Diamond member.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 4:38 pm

Hilton needs a Platinum status

If Hilton is going to up the promotion points, they need to offer a new status like platinum or double diamond. There should be a status where you receive 100% bonus points. I have over 120 night stays this year and I feel they should do something more for people who have doubled the diamond status.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 6:59 pm

I'll see your 120 and raise it to 267
Old Nov 27, 2003, 12:42 am

Programs: AC MM
Anything better than Diamond?

I have 200 nights so far this year, is there any level better than Diamond within the Hilton program&gt;

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.