Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2003, 1:45 am

No, but I dont understand why your're not split the nights and also going for top level at Starwood, Mariott and Hyatt.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 2:01 am

Programs: AC MM
I suppose it's because I'm happy with Hilton... plus, when I check in, I usually stay for a couple of months.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 4:20 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Starwood has a non-published "VIP" level, with far greater perks than its Platinum. Likewise, Hyatt has a "Courtesy Card", with better perks than its Diamond. I'd be surprised if Hilton doesn't have its own "super-elite" level...
Old Nov 27, 2003, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

Hilton does not to my knowledge have a super-Diamond level. They should.

28 nights? I could do that on vacations alone.

Hilton should have a serious elite level for serious business travelers. And if they threw in the perks - I'd certainly throw them the business.

I do 200+ nights a year in hotels; additionally - my team stays at the hotel I book - so that's another 2-6 people/rooms I am good for each year. I know I'm not unique - there are thousands of us in exactly the same boat.

What frosts me is that when checking in with my family for a vacation - I get treated the same as some lesiure traveler. 28 stays? Hell - that's a vacation; not business travel.

/whinning off

Keep the faith,

Pakse

p.s. The airlines don't do it - I have never, ever - not been able to upgrade my family to first class.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 11:35 am

Programs: AA PltMM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
"The airlines don't do it - I have never, ever - not been able to upgrade my family to first class."

As far as I know, the airlines do have similar programs, search for UGS on the Mileage Plus forum (it's their VIP program above 1K). And as just a Platinum on AA, I have been able to upgrade my fiancee every time we've traveled in the past three years (3X a year at least) with either my 500-mile certs or my miles (for international), even when she had no status.
Maybe we travel at more favorable times, but I have been extremely happy with AA.

Sorry for the airline talk on the HHonors forum everybody!

[This message has been edited by wrigleyville (edited Nov 27, 2003).]
Old Nov 27, 2003, 4:33 pm

Howdy,

I ment what I said, only I didn't mean to start off in the negative.

I was trying to point out that Airlines do indeed offer additional perks to higher level users and even recognize the value of some customers over and above their elite valuation.

Hilton I feel (by the way - I'm biased, recently had a very poor stay) only recognizes you within these very large groupings - and I personally think Diamond is way too big - I wish they would look to encouraging people staying 200+ nights a year.

Sorry if I was confusing

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Nov 27, 2003, 4:46 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
If checking in for 2 months at a time, be aware of Hilton's 100,000 point max per stay. Better to split it up into multiple stays to have each stay under the 100K max points limit.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
It has been my experiance in life that once you recognize the 200 night a year guest, the 250 night a year guest will be very unhappy that s/he does not get the recognition they deserve.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
200 nights.. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Can I have a job with you?
Old Nov 27, 2003, 6:54 pm

Howdy,

All I'm trying to say is that Diamond takes very few nights. I think to encourage those of us who are on the road weekly to stay with them more often; they could throw a few perks our way. That would induce me to stay with them more often.

My example was using the airlines - in the case of AA, hitting the top tier is good; but getting over their top published tier is better.

Here's a suggestion - for guests staying more than 120 nights per year, give us 2 electronic certificates each good for 6 nights that allow us to upgrade to the 'best room in the house'. Have them expire in one year and be used at our discretion, on a space avalible basis. This would allow us to book and reserve in advance, say a suite at the drake; while paying for it with a regular award or a published rate.

This would be a huge benefit to me (I like to use my points for personal travel since my employeer does not reimburse me if I use them on the job).

Just a thought - as I think Hilton could do a bit more to encourage some folks to stay more with them.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Nov 27, 2003, 6:55 pm

Howdy,

I'm a consultant (technical) - work for a software company - on the road weekly; it's not so glamerous.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Nov 27, 2003, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
One possible reason for the different programs for airlines and hotels regarding very frequent travelers could be that airlines get all revenue a ticket generates, where Hilton and others frequently only manage hotels owned by others. Business travelers who stay 200 nights a year frequently do so at the same hotel, or in the same few hotels. Also they tend to be in business areas, rather than resorts or tourist areas. In some cases Hilton only gets a fraction of the room or food revenue, and discounts cut into or eliminate that money. Offering special perks to more frequent travelers would likely have them using those perks at tourist or resort hotels, rather than their business hotels. Those resorts figure why should they offer special services to someone who doesn't give them any extra business. Airlines benefit directly from every happy frequent flyer.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been a fairly happy HH Diamond for many years but I too am disappointed HH offers no incentives once you reach the 28/70 threshold. Recently rather than go for an additional top level Hyatt, Marriott etc I have been booking Wyndhams and have 24 nights so far this year. No free breakfast or lounges but really great rooms, *FREE*...... broadband, local and long distance telephone, faxes and parking and food/booze goodies etc (some REALLY great rates too). If HH was creative, they could of gotten these stays in many cases.

MisterNice
Old Nov 30, 2003, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC MM
Thanks to all for the replies and the insight.

I was unaware there was any kind of limit per stay (one poster mentioned 100,000 per stay) - I have checked my statements and on two occasions have been given more than 100,000 points per stay, so I guess they don't enforce that one too strictly.

I'm not complaining - Hilton treats me pretty well, or, to be more accurate, the individual hotels treat me pretty well (I really have never had anything to do with Hilton - never claimed an award, never made a reservation through the main office).

Usually I get my pick of whatever room in the hotel I want to stay in, and the hotels remember what room I prefer and always give me that one. If I am only checking out for a short time (3 to 5 days) they let me leave all my stuff in the room and don't charge me for the room if I am not there. So, like I said, no complaints. I was just curious about whether there was a higher level than Diamond, that's all.

Old Nov 30, 2003, 8:35 pm

I've stayed over 200 nights this year too. But It was at almost 100+ different hiltons. One week I might hit 7 different hiltons all through the system. The company I work for has the most amount of diamond members over 2000 of us.

I'd like to see a higher step above diamond. We pay full rate last minute. I make diamond in the first month.

it's not a bad idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.