Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2001, 6:53 am

What Hilton should have done with its promotions is pass out silver along with an upgrade certificate, and then allowed for gold after around 8 stays. I had gold prior to the gold challenge, and rather than completely dilute an upper tier, Hilton should have slowed down such free distribution. As for a level higher than diamond...my theory is why have a higher level if you have no additional amenities to offer(beyond confirmed upgrades and suites).
Old Apr 25, 2001, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Since I will hit Diamond early next month, and this new bonus will give me another 54K in points, I don't have anything to shoot for at Hilton, I need another tier, I have my MR Plat, but at least they are giving me reasons to stay with the 25K bonus, 5K every 3 stays from 6/15 to 9/15... although they need another level too.

I guess I'll be off to the Hyatt or Sheraton next
Old Jun 8, 2001, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Maybe they will create the "Platinum" level as a result of the chat last night.

HHonors really needs it.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 1:15 pm

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by chix:
Maybe they will create the "Platinum" level as a result of the chat last night.

HHonors really needs it.
</font>
I agree to a HHonors super-elite level, and I could probably easily qualify for it if I switched back from SPG, BUT if the benefits are similar to the ones Diamonds get today, there's not really anything to "reach for", is there...?

Maybe getting the current Diamond VIP benefits up to speed (better bonuses, no blackout dates for rewards etc), equalizing in-hotel amenities/benefits et cetera, would be an idea?

Looking forward to read the transcript when it becomes available online.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 3:17 pm

What about forgetting the number of stays and number of nights, and basing levels off of the amount of money you spend at Hilton hotels in a year. This way longer stays at more expensive Hiltons will count more, as they should. After all, you get points for free nights based on the amount of money you spend, so why can't you get status based on that.

I also agree that there should be a better benefit for the platinum level. I am Gold through EWRDC promo, and i have to admit I am enjoying it (along with the fact that I have 57k points and have only stayed 6 nights at Hilton Hotels in my entire life).

But at Starwood, the Gold tier entiles an upgrade to a better room, while their highest tier gives you an upgrade to the best room in the house. I am all for the average joe receiving upgrades based on availability (after all, if the room is going to remain vacant that night, might as well let someone stay there). But looking at the difference between Gold and Platinum, there is no incentive to get to the higher level. Hilton needs some benefit that would make Platinum special, like possibly a guaranteed upgrade at reservation time.
Old Jun 30, 2001, 4:31 pm

Anything beyond Diamond VIP?

Looking at my recent online statement, I have 95 nights at HHonors hotels this year, and it's only the end of June!

Does HHonors have any special unpublished level beyond Diamond?
Old Jun 30, 2001, 5:33 pm

Search for other threads on this topic, but the answer is no, but they should.
Old Jun 30, 2001, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
IIRC, Hilton does offer perks above Diamond, but they're granted on a hotel-specific basis, not chain-wide.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:04 pm

After reaching Diamond - What next?

I have already qualified for Diamond VIP this year and was wondering if any stays after 28 will get credited towards the next qualifying period or just keep accumulating. Should I move to another chain for the rest of the year or stick with Hilton? Any ideas?
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The idea is that when you continue to stay at HH Properties you will get your Diamond benefits. To just accrue points in another program "just because" if you really like HH and your diamond benefits really doesn't make sense to me. If you find your travel plans vary and another elite program will also serve you well, then go for that one. Otherwise, keep racking up the HH points, keep enjoying your Diamond benefits, and think of all the free weeks in Hawaii or wherever your final destination may be....
Old Aug 26, 2002, 11:17 pm

Got to agree w/ Eastbay on this. Diamonds get a higher % of bonus HH points than golds do, plus all the freebies & room upgrades that you've spent all year working your way toward. I've received a lot of perks in the past just by being Gold, and am being treated even better after making Diamond recently.

I've looked into Starwood, and every time I go to try to book a "comparable hotel " in a city that I'm traveling to, Starwood group properties have been at least 20% more expensive every single time. Also, Starwood gives either points OR miles (though in all fairness they don opt have the blackout dates that HH does).

Not that HH has ever disappointed me, they're not perfect, but IMHO, it's the best bang for the buck out there.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:02 am

Another take on this - call Starwood and fax them your last statement and Diamond card - they will comp you with Platinum status. I just did it last week. Then you can accrue points and upgrades at top level on the top 2 hotel chains.

I've also found that Sheratons tend to be a little more expensive and don't have as many cheaper alternatives like Hilton, but they do have some nice vacation properties that you may want to check out!

IMO, if you can spread the wealth a bit, it gives you some flexibility and just like your investment portfolio, diversification is a good thing!
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
I have already made Diamond and am now half way to Platinum on Starwood.

I would have never even given Starwood a chance, but I am not going to remain loyal to a program that gives away Gold Status like Candy.

Like NeverAtHome, I have found that Sheratons are overpriced. Even when I make an effort to find Starwood properties, I am only successful 50% of the time. I book Hilton on those occasions.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:57 am

CameraGuy - this year it's Starwood giving away the Gold status it seems. Hilton's just been giving away the miles with their promo's.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
I can vouch for that -- having received an unsolicited Starwood Gold card in the mail last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.