Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2004, 6:54 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
Yes

Yes. There is something beyond Diamond. It's called SPG.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
According to the front desk gurus at a Hilton I recently visitted, there is a VIP status that is given to owners of Hilton hotels and other big shots. It is very similar to SPG's VIP card or Hyatt's Coutesty Card. It does not matter how many nights you stay in a year. What matters is how many nights your employees stay in a year. If you are a decision maker for a large corporation, and you sign a deal with Hilton, then you'll get to move past Diamond.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 2:04 am

Its irritating to me that they don't have a higher level. I haven't dropped below 70 stays each year in 5 years and most years do 90 +.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 7:18 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Just for discussion:

What perks would you want from "Beyond Diamond"?
Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:39 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Yes, there is something beyond Diamond...it's the "I have no home and spend my whole life in hotel beds" award...

Sadly enough, I might qualify for it
Old Jul 25, 2004, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by attorney28
Yes, there is something beyond Diamond...it's the "I have no home and spend my whole life in hotel beds" award...

I think that I am in the same level!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Gold
Beyond Diamond should be "We will actually consistently give you all the benefits we said we'd give you as a Diamond"
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HH Diam, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Discvrist, Pri Clb, WN, AA, DL, F9, Global Entry/TSA Pre
Yes, there is a level above Diamond...

But in typical Hilton "sense" it is called PREFERRED GOLD. A PG trumps a D in the reservation totem pole. When I worked a Hampton front desk, I saw maybe two in a year...but they do exist. You must be a big meeting planner and/or fill out a pretty lengthy application with Hilton for approval.

From what I understand all owners/franchisees of a Hilton brand are automatically a regular GOLD as was my owner. Unless of course you want to go for Diamond within the rules of the program...ie, employee rates or 3rd party bookings still don't count .

Last edited by NJRob; Aug 2, 2004 at 10:29 am
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Paladin
Beyond Diamond should be "We will actually consistently give you all the benefits we said we'd give you as a Diamond"
Amen!

Or at least, how about treating us like they actually appreciate our business, instead of making us feel like we are begging for scraps when we check in and have to ASK whether we were upgraded, point out that we were supposed to get a free bottle of water, or whatever. I hate being made to feel like I am asking for a favor when this is supposed to be a reward?! A little attitude adjustment and training would go a long way.

- Truly
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by NJRob
But in typical Hilton "sense" it is called PREFERRED GOLD.
This is correct, and we had a couple threads on this topic a few years ago (I believe the information posted there is still valid):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...preferred+gold

One thing to keep in mind, that there are no meaningful benefits that are extended to Gold Preferred beyond those for Diamonds (perhaps with the exception of the 3 year validity of this status).
Old Aug 2, 2004, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Eugene
This is correct, and we had a couple threads on this topic a few years ago (I believe the information posted there is still valid):

One thing to keep in mind, that there are no meaningful benefits that are extended to Gold Preferred beyond those for Diamonds (perhaps with the exception of the 3 year validity of this status).
Do most hotel managers know about nominations to preferred status? Perhaps it's time for me to do a nudge-nudge...
Old Aug 2, 2004, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
Do most hotel managers know about nominations to preferred status?
They should, unless they are deliberately ignorant...

But I'm curious, why would you need it (provided you stay enough to keep the Diamond status)?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Eugene
They should, unless they are deliberately ignorant...

But I'm curious, why would you need it (provided you stay enough to keep the Diamond status)?
I'm already Diamond but why not? I don't see any downside and the price is right...
Old Aug 2, 2004, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I'm already Diamond but why not? I don't see any downside and the price is right...
Got it... Whatever peels your potatoes...
Old Aug 2, 2004, 4:06 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by attorney28

As the TSA agent said in DCA last week, "So you're Chairman's Preferred, congratulations, you must have no life"

So what does it mean when you're HHDiamond, SPGold, and Marriott Platinum (soon to be demoted) all in the same year? I have less than no life?

But, honey, I brought you these great mini bottles of shampoo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.