Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Not that is the entire reasoning behind the low numbers. Not everybody is ready to jump on a plane to go anywhere right now
I know. I was just addressing one of the many reasons. But if a family were go somewhere and had to choose between say Florida and Hawaii the covid requirement alone would probably lean them toward Florida.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Well I guess I don't have to worry about being put in one of the older towers at least. Considering how hard it can be to get a covid test I'm not surprised numbers are way down.
Its not that hard...just takes a little effort. I am going to guess you are from the SF Bay Area. Try Worksite Lab, either near SFO or SJC, whichever works for you. Very reliable on turn around time and very reasonable, price wise, compared to the other options.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Its not that hard...just takes a little effort. I am going to guess you are from the SF Bay Area. Try Worksite Lab, either near SFO or SJC, whichever works for you. Very reliable on turn around time and very reasonable, price wise, compared to the other options.
Currently live in Seattle. A lot of labs are only doing results for Alaska passengers but I was able to get one through King County/UW medicine. Unfortunately it’s right over Christmas so I’m trying to get a Walgreens rapid test appointment the day after Christmas just to be sure.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The idea of visiting HHV empty has some appeal. The report on Lappert's is discouraging though. Hopefully that's just temporary.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
The idea of visiting HHV empty has some appeal. The report on Lappert's is discouraging though. Hopefully that's just temporary.
Having traveled on business to the islands right after 911 I can tell you its not all that appealing this time around I am sure you can see the "pain" in the islanders eyes given that their economy is in shambles.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:48 pm

Just checked in and you can definitely tell they just opened. They ended up taking 5 different parties from the regular checkin line before the gold/diamond line and the 2 that were pulling people from the diamond line left when they were done helping the ones that were up there. Took 45 minutes to checkin when I was second in line. Guy behind me was so mad he got a manager. They also tried to shoo me away and take from the regular line when I finally just went up until I dropped the diamond card.

Anyway only rainbow and Alii towers open and we at least got a nice room but I think most rooms right now are decent with the older towers closed. They also asked if I wanted a corner room for an extra $165 per night and I laughed pretty hard at that. It’s also right next to the elevator but at least i haven’t heard any noise from it yet. Got a $100 card to room charge at the shops since the restaurants are all closed. I’ll report back with more once I’m here for a while.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Dec 26, 2020 at 5:55 pm
Old Dec 27, 2020, 8:01 am

Just checked in and you can definitely tell they just opened. They ended up taking 5 different parties from the regular checkin line before the gold/diamond line and the 2 that were pulling people from the diamond line left when they were done helping the ones that were up there. Took 45 minutes to checkin when I was second in line. Guy behind me was so mad he got a manager. They also tried to shoo me away and take from the regular line when I finally just went up until I dropped the diamond card.

Anyway only rainbow and Alii towers open and we at least got a nice room but I think most rooms right now are decent with the older towers closed. They also asked if I wanted a corner room for an extra $165 per night and I laughed pretty hard at that. It’s also right next to the elevator but at least i haven’t heard any noise from it yet. Got a $100 card to room charge at the shops since the restaurants are all closed. I’ll report back with more once I’m here for a while.
whoa nothing new nor changed I see !!! Sad you had to endure that but then when checking into the HHV that is to be expected. Keep us posted.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:11 am

I’ve heard of some rough experiences here especially at checkin but I’ve never had to deal with it myself. We’ve always enjoyed our stay here but we’ll probably go back to the outrigger reef from now on. Trying to charge for a room with a slightly better view that has been given to me many times as an upgrade is just plain cheap and not a way to keep people coming back even if you do make a quick buck on that upsell.

anyway our AC stopped working last night. Their was a problem with the sensor when the door is open and they finally came out around 10. At least they did come out though because I didn’t want to try to sleep with the room that warm nor did I want to wait in line downstairs again.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:13 am

Also if anyone is taking a rental car in the near future the lot that used to be $1 per hour next to the beach parking in the boat harbor is now free. All of the old signs and payboxes were ripped it and all the signs say now is 24 hours max.

This of course is pending my car not being towed last night but the lot was completely full when I checked around 7 last night. Much better than the $49 for parking here.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:26 pm

If you’re in the rainbow tower the lines for the elevators are ridiculous. The rules are only 1 party per elevator but no one follows it. There were a good 20 people waiting on both entrances to the elevator bank yesterday but it’s died off a bit today. Don’t get a low floor or you’ll wait forever trying to go down because every elevator will have people in it.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
If you’re in the rainbow tower the lines for the elevators are ridiculous. The rules are only 1 party per elevator but no one follows it. There were a good 20 people waiting on both entrances to the elevator bank yesterday but it’s died off a bit today. Don’t get a low floor or you’ll wait forever trying to go down because every elevator will have people in it.
In the old days I would ride it up then back down. Now. Might as well take the stairs and hope you have light luggage.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 1:44 pm

I’ve heard of some rough experiences here especially at checkin but I’ve never had to deal with it myself. We’ve always enjoyed our stay here but we’ll probably go back to the outrigger reef from now on. Trying to charge for a room with a slightly better view that has been given to me many times as an upgrade is just plain cheap and not a way to keep people coming back even if you do make a quick buck on that upsell.

anyway our AC stopped working last night. Their was a problem with the sensor when the door is open and they finally came out around 10. At least they did come out though because I didn’t want to try to sleep with the room that warm nor did I want to wait in line downstairs again.
So goes the downward spiral of HHV and its not all related to Covid 19.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
So goes the downward spiral of HHV and its not all related to Covid 19.
not just HHV but all hilton properties - HWV, GW...
Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
not just HHV but all hilton properties - HWV, GW...
True
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:27 pm

Another random note but they had someone metering the elevator tonight at the rainbow tower. 15 minutes later he was gone and the line was 30 deep. Not sure the point of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.