Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Login Update

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by QF WP
Logged in after a 4 day hiatus and look like I got my 1K points, as I have a transaction "Service Recovery Bonus - Embassy Memphis". As I haven't been to the USA since 2006 and have never been to Memphis...I'll take them 😉
That seems a pretty obscure posting for something generic like this. Contacting HH may see the post go away, but on the same token that could happen if the person that should have received the points speaks up. Keep an eye on your account for more changes.

I'm gonna make a wild guess that those that were posting weekly about NOT receiving their points have now been updated?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Logged in after a 4 day hiatus and look like I got my 1K points, as I have a transaction "Service Recovery Bonus - Embassy Memphis". As I haven't been to the USA since 2006 and have never been to Memphis...I'll take them ��
I have the exact same thing showing up on the mobile app on my phone, "Service Recovery Bonus-Embassy Memphis" for 6821 points. Never stayed there. On the desktop, it shows a stay at the Waldorf Astoria. When I open the receipt, it shows a receipt from a Hampton Inn I stayed at last year. BTW, sadly, the 6821 points didn't add to my account again...

UPDATE: Digging a little further, I see the hotel is now a Quality Inn. That explains why the "book again" icon no longer appears...

Last edited by ENG17; May 26, 2015 at 11:34 am
Old May 26, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by ENG17
UPDATE: Digging a little further, I see the hotel is now a Quality Inn. That explains why the "book again" icon no longer appears...
OT: Wow. A Hilton becoming a Quality Inn. Now that's a fall from grace. Must have been some Hampton.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:58 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by RogerD408
That seems a pretty obscure posting for something generic like this. Contacting HH may see the post go away, but on the same token that could happen if the person that should have received the points speaks up. Keep an eye on your account for more changes.

I'm gonna make a wild guess that those that were posting weekly about NOT receiving their points have now been updated?
I'm not going to rock the boat by contacting them - unless they take the points away. It's the right number of points and I have spent a lot of time getting them...
Old May 26, 2015, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
OT: Wow. A Hilton becoming a Quality Inn. Now that's a fall from grace. Must have been some Hampton.
Actually, I don't know if they're still doing this, but at one time supposedly all that a Hampton had to do to be de-Hamptonized was to have exterior corridors. Unfortunely (for those who like Hampton), some otherwise-nice Hamptons had exterior corridors because of the part of the country they were in and it being a common low-rise hotel building practice there.

I have also seen a Fairfield Inn turned into a Quality Inn because it did not have a big enough breakfast area (and no easy way to expand it) for the increased breakfast offerings that the Fairfield Inn brand now mandated.

So often it's one or two very particular issues, which may matter to some people but not to other people, which result in such de-flagging. I wouldn't always jump to conclusions about it being a quality issue (pardon the pun).
Old May 26, 2015, 10:33 pm

Why does the Conrad app for android still require my pin to log in? If the pin isn't considered to be secure anymore for the last couple of months, you would think that by now they had changed the app to rely on the password instead of the 4-digit pin code....
Old May 27, 2015, 6:48 am

Looking at their website and Tripadvisor page, it looks like they did not want to pay to update the hotel to the new Hampton standards. Not the first time I've seen this...
Old May 27, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ENG17
Looking at their website and Tripadvisor page, it looks like they did not want to pay to update the hotel to the new Hampton standards. Not the first time I've seen this...
Which new Hampton standards? (I was not aware of any recent update to Hampton standards. The last round I'm aware of was quite a few years ago. Or is it just that they're giving hotels lots of years to catch up to standards from years ago?)
Old May 28, 2015, 6:53 am

Which new Hampton standards? (I was not aware of any recent update to Hampton standards. The last round I'm aware of was quite a few years ago. Or is it just that they're giving hotels lots of years to catch up to standards from years ago?)
I meant the new standards from a couple of years ago. Was at a Hampton a couple of months ago that was just finishing up the upgrades. Some chose to jump rather than invest...
Old May 28, 2015, 11:31 am

... and getting back on topic...
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I don't know about anyone else, but I did not get my 1000 points yet, so I guess no "automatic" fix has been done for those still waiting who haven't complained.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
As I'm not receiving most email alerts, I only returned to remind people that June is right around the corner @:-).

But to the comments responding to my OT ... again, sorry ... I've stayed in some outside corridor Hamptons that scared me at first, but once I got inside, it was the modern room and Hampton bed, so I was a happy camper. One I remember was in Bangor (Orono?) a couple of years ago. I first thought, "Motel 6" but nooo.

Back to regularly scheduled programming ... Think "June!" ...in a good way.
Old May 31, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I changed my password March 14. Still no 1,000 miles as of Friday, May 29. I wrote Hhonors through the "Contact us" link and about 30 minutes later had the miles.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just wondering guys, I never did get my 1000 points for the password change or any relevant targeted offers .....I guess I can't complain about the targeted offers as I did get the 100000 points for maintaining diamond, however am I right in thinking that hilton talk a good story but don't deliver?......just a thought.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by wizla
Just wondering guys, I never did get my 1000 points for the password change or any relevant targeted offers .....I guess I can't complain about the targeted offers as I did get the 100000 points for maintaining diamond, however am I right in thinking that hilton talk a good story but don't deliver?......just a thought.
Same here
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Same here
Well, I as a lowly Gold got my 1000 points, but limited sympathy for my illustrious diamond colleagues up thread with their 100 times better reward i'm afraid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.