Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
What do you want to know? It is a fine airport hotel. I stay here often and will be there again this week. It has easy access to the RER train to Paris. You will be fine as long as you don't stay out late.
You just gave me flashbacks of trying to find the night bus after the trains stopped.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
What do you want to know? It is a fine airport hotel. I stay here often and will be there again this week. It has easy access to the RER train to Paris. You will be fine as long as you don't stay out late.
This week: Train strike (SNCF) Tues 19h00-Wed 19h00, which includes RER, just a heads-up...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
This thread has been very helpful for our upcoming trip; we arrive at 1:30 p.m. into Terminal 2F. I'll follow the signs to the Gare TGV / SCNF and go upstairs to take the shuttle to the Hilton. We plan to check-in and leave our luggage, then take the RER to Paris for the evening. As I understand it, the RER B station is just steps away from the hotel entrance right? And this is the Aeroport Charles de Gaulle 1 station?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CatJo
This thread has been very helpful for our upcoming trip; we arrive at 1:30 p.m. into Terminal 2F. I'll follow the signs to the Gare TGV / SCNF and go upstairs to take the shuttle to the Hilton. We plan to check-in and leave our luggage, then take the RER to Paris for the evening. As I understand it, the RER B station is just steps away from the hotel entrance right? And this is the Aeroport Charles de Gaulle 1 station?
Is there still a Hilton shuttle from T2? Me, I just take the CDGVAL to T3 and walk a few minutes to the Hilton. I'd say it's about 50 meters to the RER B and yes it is the CDG T1 station.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Is there still a Hilton shuttle from T2? Me, I just take the CDGVAL to T3 and walk a few minutes to the Hilton. I'd say it's about 50 meters to the RER B and yes it is the CDG T1 station.
Agreed. I've never used a shuttle, even when I had a bigger bag one time.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Another vote for the RER. I was there last month and I believe there is a shuttle but I can't believe it could possibly be easier than the RER, although I don't recall if there are any elevators (just a few steps and escalators).
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
When I was there in 2011 I used the shuttle but I didn't know about the walking and RER option. The shuttle worked fine for my purposes and I didn't have to wait long.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CMK10
When I was there in 2011 I used the shuttle but I didn't know about the walking and RER option. The shuttle worked fine for my purposes and I didn't have to wait long.
Let's be clear that when I say shuttle I mean a bus. The CDGVAL is a monorail train which has replaced many of the buses.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Let's be clear that when I say shuttle I mean a bus. The CDGVAL is a monorail train which has replaced many of the buses.
Oh wow, shows why I shouldn't post when I haven't been somewhere in a while. I had no idea
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Quick query from Paris - sorry not to research thread but when is lounge happy hour? Merci in advance.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
6 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. from memory, early evening anyway.

Decent crudités, calamari, blinis when I was there plus reasonable red wine and beer, soft drinks and white wine that I didn't try.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
6 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. from memory, early evening anyway.

Decent crudités, calamari, blinis when I was there plus reasonable red wine and beer, soft drinks and white wine that I didn't try.
Thanks! ^ you were close enough. It's 6 to 8 p.m. The sole "hot" appetizer is a dish of soggy onion rings. It 's probably the weakest food offering we've encountered outside the U.S.

There's Heineken, barely cool, and the reds and whites are drinkable.

There have been several glitches at this property but our grandson is thrilled by this "fancy hotel" so there's that.

Last edited by Fredd; Jul 23, 2014 at 11:08 am
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Hi everyone,

• I'm staying at this property tomorrow night. Just a couple of questions

• As a HH Gold, how likely is it that I might get an upgrade?

• Will I get breakfast vouchers, or is that only US properties?

Which rooms have the best airport view?

Thanks!
—DD
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by Delta Dude
Hi everyone,

• I'm staying at this property tomorrow night. Just a couple of questions

• As a HH Gold, how likely is it that I might get an upgrade?

• Will I get breakfast vouchers, or is that only US properties?

Which rooms have the best airport view?

Thanks!
—DD
It's been over a year since my last visit but I received an upgrade to a large executive plus room, which I got the impression wasn't very common (I think front desk person said it was my lucky day). At a minimum you should get a preferred room. You should also get lounge access which had a mediocre breakfast. I don't recall if there was an option to have free breakfast in their restaurant. Enjoy.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Delta Dude, as a Gold...

I've been upgraded most times. It may not mean on the lounge floor -- there are some upgraded rooms on other floors. I questioned this hard, sight-unseen, the first time. But my concern was unfounded. Large, beautifully appointed rooms. But I wasn't upgraded at all once when they said they were "full". (I got in very late.)

Re breakfast, there's the lounge, which includes hot items. Gold privilege. But remember, it's usually crowded. And, IME, as the end of the morning and evening hours approaches, they're not stellar about replenishing the buffet. And they begin tearing it down, including adult beverages, aiming to be cleaned up by the official time ... They don't start the cleanup at the official closing time. This is everytime I've "tested" it.

That said, they've been easy with me in giving me a voucher for the restaurant for breakfast whenever I've asked ... YMMV.

A room with a view? Top floor, of course, but I haven't gotten it more often than I have. Please see paragraph 1. Sorry, but I can't remember the room numbers, and it might just add to your disappointment if you can't get them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.