Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AmongTheStars
The rooms have plugs that are compatible with devices used in the U.S.
Worth noting at least in my unit, there's only one US outlet in the living room (plenty of local style outlets). The bedroom has more US outlets. My universal adapter has been put to good use.
Majuki and Cynapse like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Has there been an update from FP? Last update I see shows inbound testing still needed.

Thanks
TD
My apologies, I was referring to transfer among islands after landing in PPT. COVID testing is still required to enter PPT.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:44 pm

Recent Stay at Conrad Bora Bora

Hi everyone,
FlyerTalk has helped me quite a bit through the years so I thought I would share the following informational materials provided by Conrad Bora Bora during my visit last week:

Restaurants:

Restaurant times:

General information:

Hilton status information:

COVID testing information:

Ferry shuttle information:

Airport lounge at PPT (tip: don't forget to ring the doorbell to unlock the door to the lounge!)

The resort didn't seem too crowded and my significant other and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff at Conrad Bora Bora shared that the resort was at 98% capacity with no status or paid upgrades available when asked upon arrival. However, it was apparent that the resort is conducting a scaled re-opening as demand increases from COVID (smart thing to do). A few sections of overwater villas were not being serviced by housekeeping or visited by guests. So the caveat may be 98% capacity of serviced/opened guest rooms. My significant other and I were Diamond members and booked/stayed in a King Lagoon Villa on points. The service I would consider average after being wowed by the level of service at the Conrad Maldives. The excursions were great (ATV, snorkeling) and the view of Mount Otemanu from the resort's mountain side near the chapel is priceless.

Last edited by AmongTheStars; May 15, 2022 at 8:06 pm Reason: Spelling
Old May 16, 2022, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I'm doing almost exact same thing here. I have my BOB-PPT flight scheduled to arrive PPT at 7:10PM. Then I'm flying polaris class on United at 915pm that same night. I'm not really worried.
Originally Posted by mcs26891
I would be worried. if that flight is cancelled/delayed, there is no later flight, right? They have an obligation to put you on the next flight but if it's the next day, you are screwed.
FWIW I just did the exact itin as @ricohitman. The VT flight was delayed 45min, leaving us only 1:15hr at PPT. Luckily everything else went smoothly and we even had brief time in the lounge, but it was a bit nerve wrecking and took long conversations with VT manager to coordinate with UA.

I would have preferred 3hr or so connection, but the only options at booking were 2hr or something like 5hr.

VT claimed they moved all UA passengers to earlier flight but didn't know we were on the UA flight. I'm 90% sure I put the UA flight info at booking, but they say they didn't have it.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
FWIW I just did the exact itin as @ricohitman. The VT flight was delayed 45min, leaving us only 1:15hr at PPT. Luckily everything else went smoothly and we even had brief time in the lounge, but it was a bit nerve wrecking and took long conversations with VT manager to coordinate with UA.

I would have preferred 3hr or so connection, but the only options at booking were 2hr or something like 5hr.

VT claimed they moved all UA passengers to earlier flight but didn't know we were on the UA flight. I'm 90% sure I put the UA flight info at booking, but they say they didn't have it.
Wow. This was lucky.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by AmongTheStars
Hi everyone,
FlyerTalk has helped me quite a bit through the years so I thought I would share the following informational materials provided by Conrad Bora Bora during my visit last week:
Absolutely fantastic and very helpful. Especially with the QR codes. Did book excursions through the resort, or third party?
Old May 16, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by italdesign

Did you do the eMed Covid test or test at the airport?
Old May 16, 2022, 9:18 am

money saving on the shuttle

Instead of paying $150 per person round trip from the BOB airport to the hotel, does it work: 1) take the VT free shuttle to Vaitape, 2) then take the hotel shuttle, 3) pay $75 per person round trip. Has anybody done this? Thanks
Old May 16, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
Instead of paying $150 per person round trip from the BOB airport to the hotel, does it work: 1) take the VT free shuttle to Vaitape, 2) then take the hotel shuttle, 3) pay $75 per person round trip. Has anybody done this? Thanks
$75 is not roundtrip. You end up paying the same amount that you would pay for a direct transfer with the added hassle of dragging your luggage around.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Did you do the eMed Covid test or test at the airport?
eMed. I wouldn't consider airport testing with only 2hr.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
$75 is not roundtrip. You end up paying the same amount that you would pay for a direct transfer with the added hassle of dragging your luggage around.

it says "Round trip Fare"
Old May 16, 2022, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
My understanding as well.

We did this "loophole" in February of 2020, but sometime in the past 9-12 months, it was reported on here the loophole was closed. You'd have to read back through to figure out what the source was.

Post #327
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33633264-post327.html

Last edited by Charlie9; May 16, 2022 at 10:22 am Reason: Adding info
Old May 16, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9
My understanding as well.

We did this "loophole" in February of 2020, but sometime in the past 9-12 months, it was reported on here the loophole was closed. You'd have to read back through to figure out what the source was.

Post #327
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33633264-post327.html
The loophole was that the shuttle was cheaper during the day trip like $25 round trip, now it is free during the day. so some people got a "free" transfer to the hotel.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:05 pm

Covid testing

Does anyone know if the Binax EMed Covid tests are allowed for entry into FP? I thought you could use them for both entry into FP & departure back to the US but now I’m seeing mixed answers on if it can be used for entry. We are heading there this week. Thanks!
Old May 16, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by hulk0020
Does anyone know if the Binax EMed Covid tests are allowed for entry into FP? I thought you could use them for both entry into FP & departure back to the US but now I’m seeing mixed answers on if it can be used for entry. We are heading there this week. Thanks!
No for entry to FP, yes for return to USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.