Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
This is the beginning...

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...ting_churners/

could have blogged "Last chance" instead
We're going off-topic for this card, but I have to say that you, of all people, should know better than to trust the research/content of a new P2B blogger, especially one whose content is being featured on the main page right now. Chase has had language like this for years.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17444743-post2.html

Wayback machine *seems* to show that it's been around for many months.
In fact, I'd wager that this language harkens back to the day when there weren't clear rules for when you could get the bonus again. Barclays has similar language and enforces it pretty much never.

Back on topic, reports here are mixed: has anyone ever received an extension for the free nights? I need about one month....
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by jmd001
How many cards did they consider too many and over how many months?
I had 6 cards open in the past 2 months including the Ink Plus, Hyatt, Premier, PRG, and Plat. He sounded quite worried when explaining to me why the bank didn't like seeing this.

Oops. I'll have to cool off for several months.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
My phone discussion with the rep trying to circumvent the CSP restriction tells me all the reps are on board with the anti-churning methods lately...

Back on topic, I have heard the free nights were extended about one month before if you asked really nicely. Hang up and call back if you don't get a cooperative phone rep.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:10 pm

I have 4 breakfast certificates $25 each.
My spouse, who will be staying with me has 2 breakfast certificates $25 each.

We are staying at Fairmont Maui which is booked under my Fairmont membership number, for 2 nights - the breakfast for 2 nights will come out to be about $160 for the two of us.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to apply my $25 x 4 certs, but can I also apply my spouse's $25 x 2 certs?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by nomii
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to apply my $25 x 4 certs, but can I also apply my spouse's $25 x 2 certs?
That should not be a problem.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:42 am

How challenging is it to book a stay at The Plaza using one of the two free nights?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by TTT103
How challenging is it to book a stay at The Plaza using one of the two free nights?
The following dates are blacked out:
January 1-2; February 13-16; April 3-4; May 11-19; August 30-31; September 7-8, 18-26; November 25-29; December 1-6, 24-25, 29-31, 2015; February 13-14; April 25-26; May 9-17; August 30-31; September 5-6, 16-24; November 24-26; December 1-10, 24-25, 29-31, 2016

Additionally, you can only redeem one of your certificates per stay, not both.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisremo
Additionally, you can only redeem one of your certificates per stay, not both.
Plus (unless something has changed recently), the hotel has capacity controls (which only the Plaza and the Savoy have).
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:09 pm

Thank you both for your replies.

The black-out dates are doable, but hopefully with some advanced planning the capacity controls aren't too limiting. We shall see.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:14 pm

My wife and I met the spending requirement for each of our cards in late September. On October 17, we received letters signed by Chase/Fairmont advising that our free night certificates had been posted to our PC accounts; these letters were dated October 2. However, these certificates had not posted.

Sending an email to Fairmont yielded almost immediate results. Within hours of each submittal (we wrote separately) we had an email response and indeed free night certificates had now posted.

After a phone call to Fairmont, I was able to convert a regular reservation to one that uses the certificates at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE50K, Marriott Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Hi All,

Sorry if this was already answered before. Went through quite a few pages and couldn't find the answer.

I have seen some people living in Canada having got this card. how can I get this card as a Canadian resident? I usually stay at Fairmont and this would be perfect card to keep. I would really appreciate any help as I would really like this card for a trip I plan to go next year for our 10th anniversary.

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunwin
Hi All,

Sorry if this was already answered before. Went through quite a few pages and couldn't find the answer.

I have seen some people living in Canada having got this card. how can I get this card as a Canadian resident? I usually stay at Fairmont and this would be perfect card to keep. I would really appreciate any help as I would really like this card for a trip I plan to go next year for our 10th anniversary.

Thanks!
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Unfortunately you can't apply for the Fairmont Chase CC as a Canadian resident unless you also happen to have to US residency/SIN/credit history (or similar).
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE50K, Marriott Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Unfortunately you can't apply for the Fairmont Chase CC as a Canadian resident unless you also happen to have to US residency/SIN/credit history (or similar).
ok...so any way to get a SSN for US to start building credit? I have read somewhere that as a RBC client you can open a account in US and get RBC visa card without SIN......

that is so not right that as a Canadian i am not able to apply as there were so lovely properties here in Canada and I usually stay at fairmont (if there is one where I am visiting). I wish there was a way. Visiting my cousin in dallas this year-end, would it help to try to go to a chase branch and see if they can do any exception?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunwin
ok...so any way to get a SSN for US to start building credit? I have read somewhere that as a RBC client you can open a account in US and get RBC visa card without SIN......

that is so not right that as a Canadian i am not able to apply as there were so lovely properties here in Canada and I usually stay at fairmont (if there is one where I am visiting). I wish there was a way. Visiting my cousin in dallas this year-end, would it help to try to go to a chase branch and see if they can do any exception?
Very unlikely IMO that they'd make an exception. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of being able to get a CC if your cousin had a good relationship with the bank manager and/or was willing to apply for a joint account and/or added you as an authorized user.

I don't claim to be an expert, but it's extremely difficult IME to get a CC (or even a bank account) in the US without a SSN or any ties to the US (such as business income, property etc.). In some cases you can apply for a non-resident tax ID in lieu of a SSN, but IME it's an excruciatingly painful process.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I must disagree, I live in Canada and was able to secure a Chase Fairmont card as a Canadian. I called the customer service people and they said there is a lot of Canadians with the card. I was able to use my Canadian Social Security number and it worked fine.

I would suggest going to the website and get a phone number for the Chase Fairmont card and call them.

If you have problems, send me a private message and I will give you further information.

PS I am a RBC client as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.