Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I wonder if the card still provides free breakfast with the 2 free nights. Breakfast is not mentioned on card site or T&C.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
I wonder if the card still provides free breakfast with the 2 free nights. Breakfast is not mentioned on card site or T&C.
Breakfast is no longer included but you do get two certificates in your account good for $25 each toward dining or spa ($50 total)
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by suzsy
Breakfast is no longer included but you do get two certificates in your account good for $25 each toward dining or spa ($50 total)
Darn. Must have been a recent change. Upthreaders mention receiving it as recent as March.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:13 pm

Can anyone tell me how the 3rd night free cert works? Let's say I book 4 nights using my Citi Prestige using a non-refundable rate. Do I call Fairmont and state I want to apply my 3rd night free cert? How does the 3rd night rate refund work? Do I get it back on my credit card prior to or after the stay? Lastly, does it work on any room type?

As a side question, has anyone used the world elite MC hotel benefits of free breakfast and spa credit with the 4th night free from citi prestige and 3rd night free fairmont cert?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nas6034
Can anyone tell me how the 3rd night free cert works? Let's say I book 4 nights using my Citi Prestige using a non-refundable rate. Do I call Fairmont and state I want to apply my 3rd night free cert? How does the 3rd night rate refund work? Do I get it back on my credit card prior to or after the stay? Lastly, does it work on any room type?

As a side question, has anyone used the world elite MC hotel benefits of free breakfast and spa credit with the 4th night free from citi prestige and 3rd night free fairmont cert?
1. A free night cert or 3rd night free cert can only be used if you book the Fairmont room category.

2. If you booked a non-refundable rate via Fairmont (either online or on the phone), the charges for the 3rd night will be refunded to your CC upon check-out.

3. Whether or not the 3rd night free cert can be combined with the Citi 4th night free offer has been discussed here before and afaik there has been no conclusive answer. Personally, I'd be somewhat skeptical that you'd be able to get four nights for the price of two, but I have no first-hand experience.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I suspect that one may have better success getting 5 nights for the price of 3 with the combo of those 2 offers. I bet that the Citi 4th night free offer requires 3 revenue nights.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:19 am

I guess I'll eventually try it. I figure that since you are prepaying, nonrefundable you may get the citi prestige refund well in advance of your stay. And subsequently, upon stay completion, you'll get a refund of the 3rd night.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:39 am

I recently applied for the Fairmont card but have not received it (should be coming any day).
The dates I am looking for are 4 weeks out. There is no standard rate available, lowest rate is Fairmont Gold - Private Concierge Floor with Lounge - KG.
Does that I won't be able to use the free nights on this stay?
Are the free nights applicable to standard rate only?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by stevento
I recently applied for the Fairmont card but have not received it (should be coming any day).
The dates I am looking for are 4 weeks out. There is no standard rate available, lowest rate is Fairmont Gold - Private Concierge Floor with Lounge - KG.
Does that I won't be able to use the free nights on this stay?
Are the free nights applicable to standard rate only?
Correct. Free night certs can only beapplied towards the Fairmont room category.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:17 am

Thanks.
So I can't use the free night certs...too bad.
I booked a 2 BR suite.
I am guessing since free night certs don't apply, 3rd night free doesn't apply either? Nor an upgrade, since it's a high level suite already?
Is there anything that the card can do for me?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Thanks.
So I can't use the free night certs...too bad.
I booked a 2 BR suite.
I am guessing since free night certs don't apply, 3rd night free doesn't apply either? Nor an upgrade, since it's a high level suite already?
Your upgrade and free night/3rd night free certs can only be applied when booking the Fairmont room category (generally speaking). There are some properties where you can book the next category up from the Fairmont room and upgrade into the next step above that, but I'm not aware of any that allow you to book something as big as a 2BR suite and apply a further upgrade on top. Some properties will make deals outside of the official rules, but you generally need to call the hotel directly instead of central reservations to get that confirmed (or get the reservations agent to call the hotel and get approval from the front desk manager).
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Plenty, but not in this specific situation.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I am still awaiting my Gold upgrade cert from being [earned] Premier on Mar. 1. Has anyone else got it yet or will it still take some time?
One issue with me is that the qualifying stay had completed but not posted yet on Mar. 1st so may need to call if it doesn't show up soon.
I had signed up and received the card in February but was not Premier at the time, so no Gold upgrade cert. However, I earned Premier with stays by the end of February, yet in March did not receive the Gold cert upgrade. I called FPC and am being told, that in order to get the upgrade in March, you have to have earned in 2015.

Did I get caught in a hole where if I had waited a couple more weeks to sign up for the card, I would have gotten the upgrade?

I called FPC and this is what they told me, but their Visa card rep is out on vacation so I asked for a second opinion on it when she comes back, because I had spoken to her before about this, prior to March 1, and she told me I should get the certificate. Maybe the FPC rep is mixing this up with the club certificate postings rule?

Per T&C:
Annual Gold Upgrade: This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify for this Certificate, Cardholder must have attained FPC Premier or Platinum status through acquiring the required number of stays/stay credits or room nights, and the account must be open and not in default. The Certificate will be added to your Fairmont President’s Club (“FPC”) online profile at Fairmont.com/fpc. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after account opening and then March 1st of each year you are eligible for your certificate to be added to your online Fairmont Presidents Club profile.

I interpret that to say that if I was "eligible" on Mar. 1st, I should get it...

Last edited by dmodemd; May 6, 2016 at 8:44 am
Old May 13, 2016, 12:15 pm

Free night cert overlap?

Hello!
I'm hoping you all can help me because the phone agents had no clue.

My card anniversary is December. I met the 12k for a free night and should get that very soon. I assume it expires in 1 year. If I meet the 2017 spend in Jan will there be a few months of overlap to use both or do they get issued on your card anniversary?

Thank you!!
Old May 13, 2016, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Familyof5
My card anniversary is December. I met the 12k for a free night and should get that very soon.
You will get the free night after your December statement closes.

Originally Posted by Familyof5
If I meet the 2017 spend in Jan will there be a few months of overlap to use both or do they get issued on your card anniversary?
There is never an overlap with these certificates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.