Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2002, 12:15 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Exclamation The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

$499 - Luxury Fairmont Lake Louise, 5 Nts, Incl. Ski Passes

Travel dates: November 8 - December 20

Stay at this magnificent 5 star, century old hotel in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Host to royalty and dignitaries, the sumptuous furnishings and alpine accents create a luxury retreat like no other.

Offer includes:

5 nights luxury lodging

4 days of skiing

Sale ends soon! Book by November 6, 2002

Travelzoo TIP: Air is NOT included but may be added to this package (extra nights, ski passes & car rental may also be added).

TO BOOK: This offer is only available by calling Banff Resort Reservations at
1-866-787-1943.

Ask for the "Travelzoo Top 20 Deal"!

Hours are: 6am - 10pm (PST) Seven days a week!

http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=10287941
Old Oct 30, 2002, 9:34 pm

That's a bit of an overselling job. It used to be one of our favorite hotels, but 100% because of the beautiful surroundings. The hotel service is merely "good" in the fairly ordinary standard rooms, although they treat the people in the more expensive rooms a little better. On-site food makes the drive to Banff worth considering. (Caveat: haven't stayed there since Fairmont took over.)

The diatribe aside, the $500 seems like a pretty good deal, even for a non-lakeside basic room, although I think they've had a better offer to CAA members at times. It is a spectacular location - one of the prettiest places on the planet, imho, if your idea of beauty includes pine-covered mountains.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 4:34 am
sdl

Too bad this has expired!
At those prices we could afford to go again (last trip was pre-stock tank)

Included ski tix is likely the standard 3-mountain pass, with bus transport inclusive. Really world-class skiing with plenty of variety in the terrain.

This was a very serious deal, even if you are in a tower room facing the employee parking lot- if you don't look down you are looking at a beautiful forest, and wildlife at all hours.

The food on-site is rather expensive, but most of it is well thought out and prepared- the fondue place is very good quality, and the deli makes really wonderful fresh foods.

The employees treated everyone equally well- most had no idea we were in the expensive rooms until we were there for 3 days... by the time we were there that long the main waiter in the Buffet restaurant area was offering to take our daughters FREE on the next employee spring outing to Puerto Vallarta and my oldest was taking breaks with the deli guy so he could tell her all about his family and the small town he missed on Vancouver Island (a common interest in skateboarding started this friendship)!

We exchanged names and addresses with many fine people, and the true Canadian spirit of friendly non-judgemental honesty shone overall

I cannot recommend this place enough for those that can afford it, or if another deal is offered up.

S
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Construction

I will be travelling to the Lake Louise on July 30th. I just visited tripadvisor.com and saw some pics showing construction going on near the hotel looking out at the lake. The pictures are from a review from late June. Does anyone know whether it is done yet?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: Air Canada, BA Executive Club, Accor / Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott
The major construction projects were completed last year. The hotel's new wing, which add 140 rooms and doubled meeting space opened in 2004.

They also renovated 100+ rooms in the original hotel and that was completed in April 2005.

The summer is peak season for Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper so they probably try to minimize construction activity. Most of the work is done during off-peak times to limit impact on guests. Your stay should be fine.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Exclamation The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise

The following is a review I posted on tripadvisor.com after a stay this past winter at the Chateau Lake Louise:

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise during the last week of February 2005, while my husband attended a conference in the hotel. We paid a special conference rate of $370.00 per night (all prices in Canadian dollars) for a deluxe room (275 sq. ft.) with two double beds. Our rate included breakfast, lunch and dinner each day of our stay for both of us. Since the dining here is quite expensive, I feel we got an excellent deal. My husband had just joined the President's Club, so we did not get any upgrades or benefits from this.

The hotel is about a 2 hour drive from the Calgary Airport, but if you are going to stay at the resort and not travel anywhere else, I would recommend that you not rent a car. Instead, you can take a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The hotel also provides a free shuttle to the Lake Louise Ski Resort and Lake Louise Village (or you can walk), so you don't really need a car. Parking, both self and valet, cost $20.00 a day during our stay.

Our room was in the new Mount Temple Wing (Room #4942), which was completed in June 2004. This wing of the hotel houses the new Conference Center, which is fabulous. Our room had what the hotel said was a mountain view. Actually the view was of a stand of spruce trees, an access road for hotel deliveries, and if you looked to the right, you could see mountains. No complaints though, the view was fine. I have read reviews complaining about small run down rooms at this hotel. If you want to avoid these and stay in a newer and larger room, ask for a room in this wing of the hotel.

Our room was quite large and clean, with a separate sitting area with a chair, footstool and lamp, and a desk with a lamp and high speed internet access (using the internet cost about $14.00 daily). The room also had a mini bar stocked with drinks and goodies (we had an erroneous $9.00 charge on our bill for drinks at check-out). The bathroom was marbled, with a big tub/shower and two terry cloth robes. The beds were comfortable with nice down duvets and lots of pillows. Our room was the last one at the end of a side hall, and was very quiet until near the end of our stay when a family with children checked in next door. We could clearly hear telephone conversations and kids yelling through the door between our rooms.

When we called the hotel to confirm our reservation, we mentioned that we would be celebrating our wedding anniversary during our stay, and we found two small bottles of champagne on ice with a card from the manager in our room when we checked in.

We ate all of our meals at special buffets for conference attendees, so I cannot rate any of the restaurants except the Chateau Deli, open 24 hours a day. They had very good, reasonably priced sandwiches and specialty coffees.

I don't ski, but my husband and I had a great time participating in the Mountain Winter Adventures Program. All activities (all cost additional fees) can be booked in advance by telephoning the Concierge Desk, or you can sign up at the hotel. We went on two snowshoeing hikes, one during the day for 3 hours and one at night, both led by Bruce Bembridge, one of the hotel's Mountain Heritage Guides. Bruce is a great guide, teacher and storyteller; I highly recommend him! We had a cross country skiing class/tour (also taught by Bruce), where we skied on a trail which led to the far end of the lake, then came back to the hotel by skiing across the length of the frozen lake. It was absolutely beautiful. We also went on a 20k dog sledding trip up to the Continental Divide and across the border into British Columbia. On the way back, my husband got to mush the dogs.

There is a rental shop in the hotel run by Monod Sports, where you can rent everything you need for alpine and cross country skiing, hockey, ice skating and snowshoeing. It cost us $16.00 each to rent cross country skis, boots and poles for a half day.

The staff and service at the Chateau Lake Louise are all outstanding. We did not encounter one hotel employee who was not friendly and helpful. I have heard that the hotel gets extremely crowded in the summer with tourists cruising the grounds; I would probably avoid staying here then.

Last edited by lost*in*cyberspace; Jul 21, 2005 at 4:50 pm
Old Jul 21, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Construction is On-Going

There is a new review posted at tripadvisor.com complaining about the continuing construction, whcih is not supposed to be completed until this fall.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:29 pm

Landscaping and Painting Ongoing

as of July 1.

But of minimal disruption.

I enjoyed staying there, but did not enjoy the price.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:07 pm

Chateau Lake Louise

I had the pleasure of spending a night here recently. Late April-May is the slow season for Rocky Mountain Tourism. There was a good rate on-line $199 for a Mountain View and $249 for Lake View. I reserved over the phone instead and paid $349 for a Standard Lake View room. C'est La Vie.

The room was small, which I expected, and dusty, which I did not expect. There were a hearty hoard of dust bunnies under the glass table top and the headboard had been dusted half way. A dust bunny hung on the wall and several were skulking around the bedskirt. Glad I'm not allergic to dust!

Dust aside, the service here was impeccable when dining at the Walliser Stube Dining Room. I was surprised to see many children in the facility, but they were all reasonably well behaved. The meal was sumptuous and the venison was cooked to perfection. I cut it with my butter knife.
The service in the casual bar was less than stellar and the Poppy Brasserie Buffet was almost as good as the dining room in quality and service.

The pool pump had broken the night of my stay so I was unable to swim during my visit and took out my sorrows in the eucalyptus steam room instead. The change room was outfitted with two showers, various amenities and a spinner for my swimsuit. Nice touch. I observed the pool attendant filling the water cooler from the tap.

My major beef with the hotel was the awful level of water residue on my Room Service water glass. Does nobody CLEAN those water glasses before they're sent out? It was disgusting. I noticed that same tendency throughout my visit at each dining location there was a water residue issue. One employee I talked to said that all the water from the taps is straight from the Lake. I thought glacier water was supposed to be pure.

8.5 out of 10.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Jasper Park Lodge and Chateau Lake Louise

Just came back from my holiday in the Rockies and must say my stays couldn´t have been more enjoyable:

Spent four days at Jasper Park Lodge and was given a nice deluxe room (around 350 sq ft) on the 2nd floor of the main buildung with a large patio which had a great view over Lake Beauvert and Mt. Whistler, very much enjoyed sitting out there in the evenings, having dinner and watching the sun go down.
Even when the hotel is booked out, it doesn´t appear to be that busy as the resort is very large and the couple of hundred cabins are located thhroughout the property.
All staff I encountered, from the front desk to housekeeping, were very friendly and helpful, I really had the impression the employees very much enjoy working at JPL which, in my opinion, really does make a difference.
Activities I can recommend in/around Jasper are going up to Mt. Whistler, whitewater rafting, Athabasca Falls, Maligne Lake & Canyon.

When driving from Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff, I can highly recommend taking the Icefields Parkway, IMO the most scenic highway in the world.
Make sure to stop at the Columbia Icefields and Peyto Lake (one of the most fascinating lakes around).

Spent the next two days at the Chateau Lake Louise and really had an incredible stay. Was upgraded from a Gold room Lakeview to a very spacious 500 sq ft Gold Jr. Suite Lakeview (sitting area, minibar, large flat TV, desk and a fantastic view over the lake). While the hotel was terribly busy (fully booked + loads of tourists), staying on the Gold floor (located on the 7th floor) really was a most enjoyable and relaxing experiencce. +
The staff also couldn´t have been more friendly and helpful, both during my stay and in arranging my activities beforehand.

Overall I can highly recommend both hotels and will definitely come back.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Travelzoo: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise USD$235 with $95/day resort credit

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/697755

Visit the Canadian Rockies and stay at the AAA 4-Diamond Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Nightly prices have been reduced to $235 (CA$249) over peak winter travel months. Travelers will also receive a daily $95 (CA$100) resort credit, making the effective nightly rate $140!

This credit can be applied to food and beverage, ski passes and winter heritage activities such as snow shoeing, cross-country skiing and others.

This offer is valid seven days a week through Dec. 22, or for an extra.$28 (CA$30) per night stay Dec. 23 - Feb. 28.

Blackout Dates: Dec. 4, 5

Click here to book directly with The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, or dial 1-888-765-8322 and mention promo code PTZO. Note: Prices listed online will be in Canadian dollars.
Set in the heart of Banff National Park, within a UNESCO World Heritage Site, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is known as one of the best hotels in Canada's western mountains.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:13 pm

Exclamation Fairmont Lake Louise

Beware that you may be assigned to the rear annex if you didn't ask staying in the main building. I booked a Deluxe Lake View room for three nights by phone with my president club member number two months ago. I requested the best lake view available when I booked on April 14, 2010. However, I was assigned to the rear annex with partial view of the lake. The view is partially blocked by the main building. The price of a deluxe room is the SAME to stay in the main building or in the rear annex. The front desk said that I didn't request to stay in the main building. The mistake I made is that I have never been there and I thought that there is ONLY one building for Fairmont Lake Louise. The pictures I saw on their websites or google don't show that there is anther building behind the main building. In addition, the website of Fairmont Lake Louise or the representative doesn't suggest me that there is possible a partial view for a Deluxe Lake View room. Otherwise, I won't upgrade to Deluxe. Two similar complaints for junior suite lake view posted in June in tripadvisor if you sort reviews of Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise by date.

---------------------------------
Followed up:
Today I moved to a Deluxe Lake View in the main building. I appreciate the services of the front desk to make this arrange in such a short time. They have outstanding services. In addition, please see the pro and con of the Deluxe Lake View in the fourth post. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by minomchen33; Jun 15, 2010 at 1:13 am Reason: Revise
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by minomchen33
Beware that you may be assigned to the rear annex if you didn't ask staying in the main building. I booked a Deluxe Lake View room for three nights by phone with my president club member number two months ago. I requested the best lake view available when I booked on April 14, 2010. However, I was assigned to the rear annex with partial view of the lake. The view is partially blocked by the main building. The price of a deluxe room is the SAME to stay in the main building or in the rear annex. The front desk said that I didn't request to stay in the main building. The mistake I made is that I have never been there and I thought that there is ONLY one building for Fairmont Lake Louise. The pictures I saw on their websites or google don't show that there is anther building behind the main building. In addition, the website of Fairmont Lake Louise or the representative doesn't suggest me that there is possible a partial view for a Deluxe Lake View room. Otherwise, I won't upgrade to Deluxe. Two similar complaints for junior suite lake view posted in June in tripadvisor if you sort reviews of Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise by date.
When you saw your room, and were unhappy with it, I assume you went to the front desk to ask to move? What was their response?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by minomchen33
The rear annex was a new edition years ago.. so back then they were newer rooms.. but I'm honestly surprised that they have lakeview at an angle, blocking the view.. they must of recategorized and remarketed some of the rooms.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:07 am

Talking

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
When you saw your room, and were unhappy with it, I assume you went to the front desk to ask to move? What was their response?
Today I moved to a great Deluxe Lake View room in the main building. The view is awesome! The front desk did a good job. I really appreciate that they did this. It made my day. The overall services in the hotel is excellent!

By the way, here is the review of the Deluxe rooms in both building.

Main building:
Pro: prefect lake view; close to restaurants, shops, and parking lot.
Con: No air condition. The room is smaller than the same type room in the rear annex. (It is big enough for me.)

Rear Annex:
Pro: new - finished in 2004. Air conditioning. The room is spacious. The bathroom is luxury.
Con: partial lake view - the main building blocks 1/4 of the lake view.

Conclusion:
I recommend to stay in Fairmont Lake Louise. It is very nice to enjoy the lake view inside the room. From this hotel, there are walking distances to several popular trails in Lake Louise area, such as the trial around Lake Louise, Lake Agnes Trial, and Plain of Six Glaciers Trail.

Last edited by minomchen33; Jun 15, 2010 at 1:16 am Reason: Grammar correcting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.