Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by CMK10
Seriously guys? I can't stand his blog but how many posts over an apostrophe are we going to make? Of all the things to complain about this is really low on the list.
For your answer see post one from OP (you) in this thread (ie linked post to my blog) for your answer:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23204692-post1.html

@:-)
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:58 pm

Seriously guys? I can't stand his blog but how many posts over an apostrophe are we going to make? Of all the things to complain about this is really low on the list.
Right, it was probably not well thought out as he had to quickly change the name and logo several times out of fear Delta Airlines would take some sort of legal action.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Of all the things to complain about this is really low on the list.
So today I clicked and added him a penny from the page view. I clicked on the Prestige card changes to see if anything had changed.

I saw a link to the Prestige card and got excited that, maybe, just maybe he had the 50k non affiliate link. NOPE. Link led to his page with all the credit cards he sells.

Then down below he sold the Amex Business Platinum for just 40k.

Same old.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpapadop
So today I clicked and added him a penny from the page view. I clicked on the Prestige card changes to see if anything had changed.

I saw a link to the Prestige card and got excited that, maybe, just maybe he had the 50k non affiliate link. NOPE. Link led to his page with all the credit cards he sells.

Then down below he sold the Amex Business Platinum for just 40k.

Same old.
You seem to be under some kind of dilution that my blog is a charity (btw do you still have a site that runs on Amazon links?)!

I am all for what BestOffersPatrol (.com) recommends ^
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Renes Points
You seem to be under some kind of dilution that my blog is a charity (btw do you still have a site that runs on Amazon links?)!

Well I for one am 100% pleased to see a blogger this upfront and blunt about it.

1 point for you.

2 points if you don't re-read it and decide to change it.

3 points if you learn how possession works in English.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
If you can't make money being open and honest with your readers, you shouldn't be in business.
Hoping that your readers are too dumb to realize that youre not giving them the best offer is a pretty terrible business practice.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:06 am

So then your readers should not use the links in your blog if they want the best deals, right?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I think "personal responsibility" is about to be typed any minute now...smh.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I think "personal responsibility" is about to be typed any minute now...smh.
I will give you a great example.

A reader DMed me if I had a offer link for some targeted offer they got.

I said no, that is a great deal, take it.

They said: oh, no, I will use your link then anyway. I really value what you do and want to support the blog any way I can.

When you produce, day after day, quality original content it builds loyalty and appreciation for the blog. ^:-:
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:30 am

They said: oh, no, I will use your link then anyway. I really value what you do and want to support the blog any way I can.

When you produce, day after day, quality original content it builds loyalty and appreciation for the blog. ^:-:
Giving up 10,000 points which are worth $150 because the content is so unique and valuable? (Pause to control laughter).

My valuation is I'll look for blogs that only tell me the best deals.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Actually, these type of posts seem to fit in exactly with what the "External Miles and Points Resources" forum has become.

The forum is what the participants choose it to be; as the old saying goes, "you reap what you sow"

Regards
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

Except given churning rules, loyalty wouldnt actually produce a sustainable revenue stream. Your profit model actually depends on new people coming who don't know better.

"If you knew to ask me whether I was screwing you, I would tell you the truth."
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:55 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Adam1222
If you can't make money being open and honest with your readers, you shouldn't be in business.
Hoping that your readers are too dumb to realize that youre not giving them the best offer is a pretty terrible business practice.
Works for used car dealers! @:-)
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

I can vouch for George that he is not diluted...the guy is always 100% full strength.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:12 pm

My goal in life is to keep from self-diluting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.