Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm a Medallion and I think hysterics and drama are silly and overshadow the real issues
What are the real issues in your view?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TMM1982
What are the real issues in your view?
I like how Lucky writes articles:

- This is what we know
- This is what we don't know
- This is what could happen

With Rene it's so much noise making it impossible to find the signal. Also, rants about what he and [redacted] are going to do or not going to do are hardly relevant.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 18, 2015 at 10:17 pm Reason: removed personal info
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
[redacted]

I can give you a hint on what they probably won't be doing....

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 18, 2015 at 10:18 pm Reason: removed redacted quote
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
The several forced rebrandings/name changes makes me assume that Delta as a company wants to distance itself as much as possible from this blog.
^^
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
The several forced rebrandings/name changes makes me assume that Delta as a company wants to distance itself as much as possible from this blog.
Good for Delta. The blog sucks and the blogger has a poor attitude towards readers feedback.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by scubadu
All kidding aside, what has FT come to? Seriously.

I mean almost the entire "External Miles and Points Resources" forum has become some bizarre "high school never ends" whiny playground where everyone seems to come complain and constantly insult Boarding Area and it's bloggers without taking even an iota of personal responsibility, to you know, NOT READ IT every 20 minutes if the site isn't to ones liking.

It's just bizarre to me that so many on FT are completely comfortable throwing rocks at external sites and forums, but never seem to want to look in the mirror regarding what our own little world has become... @:-)

Regards
Perfect quote for the "blog bashing board" or BBB here at FT.

Clearly someone is reading my blog as Users are up nearly 50% YOY according to Google Analytics:
Attached Images  
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Perfect quote for the "blog bashing board" or BBB here at FT.

Clearly someone is reading my blog as Users are up nearly 50% YOY according to Google Analytics:
Of course that statistic on its own is meaningless, since it could be going from 4 readers to 6. What's your data on repeat visitors? What percentage came from a Google search of "delta points" and never came back again?

More importantly, it's a non sequitur to criticism. "Your specific criticism is invalid because people read my blog." People clicking on a link from Google increases your readership; it does not say anything about the quality of your work.

As a plus side, I had left your blog in my rss feed for years in the off chance the quality of writIng and usefulNess of posts would increase. I just deleted it.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jul 11, 2016 at 7:07 am
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Google analytics also shows how long people stay on a page... @:-)
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Bumping a thread that hasn't seen action in nine months to brag about your analytics?

Who are you trying to convince here, us...or you?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Bumping a thread that hasn't seen action in nine months to brag about your analytics?

Not me. This was moved here. The MODs in the BBB seem to have very different rules that the rest of FT.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

The analytics were originally posted in the 'BArea's Fall' thread.
Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Not me. This was moved here. The MODs in the BBB seem to have very different rules that the rest of FT.
Obviously, every thread on Flyertalk should be the place for Rene to put meaningless analytics as evidence that people really love him. (It was just as meaningless and self-aggrandusing where originally posted.)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
I disagree Adam. The point that was made in the original thread was that a few bad posts were indicative of the overall quality of BoardingArea blogs. While obviously that's in the eye of the beholder, Rene was simply showing that, like most BA blogs, traffic has increased year-over-year for his blog.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26899740-post9.html

LOL - careful - questioning the MODS can get you kicked off FT! ^

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I disagree Adam. The point that was made in the original thread was that a few bad posts were indicative of the overall quality of BoardingArea blogs. While obviously that's in the eye of the beholder, Rene was simply showing that, like most BA blogs, traffic has increased year-over-year for his blog.
Quantity and quality are two different things, of course.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Absolutely they are, don't disagree there for a second. I actually think my writing has gotten a bit worse but my traffic is much better these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.