Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Read the article and you'll understand that it is inevitable. If you're still unconvinced, well go watch Forest Gump.
youre aware of Y2014 profit? Q12015 profit? Q12015 order of 25 planes?

linked article says nothing. where are traders/analysts agreeing with you?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I guess today is "rebranding day" all around. Delta Points has been renamed as Renes Points (maybe he'll find that missing apostrophe key soon - or maybe the site is now run by 2+ guys named Rene)

http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...better-travel/
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Do ... not ... understand ... why comprehensive single airline sites do not work in the US (so far?). For the majority of people who are tied to an airline by geography or corporate deals, a one stop shop site would be great. Cut the noise, have lots of in-depth articles about the program and how to maximise it.

If you want to be clever, start 3 single airline sites and then have common hotel and car hire content which cuts across them.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
You can sell more different credit cards if you don't narrow your focus.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:47 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Ding ding ding!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
You get a decent readership if you narrow your focus .... and then you can sell some cards.

Get your PR right, make yourself the first port of call for reporters discussing that airline, be the place that readers will look for info when a big story breaks ...

I would far rather do that than start the 754th all-purpose US miles and points blog ....
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
You get a decent readership if you narrow your focus .... and then you can sell some cards.

Get your PR right, make yourself the first port of call for reporters discussing that airline, be the place that readers will look for info when a big story breaks ...

I would far rather do that than start the 754th all-purpose US miles and points blog ....
I agree, though DeltaPoints never quite got that part down, to say the least
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I guess today is "rebranding day" all around. Delta Points has been renamed as Renes Points (maybe he'll find that missing apostrophe key soon - or maybe the site is now run by 2+ guys named Rene)

http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...better-travel/
Interesting. I remember some rumors and hints a while ago on the DL forum that suggested that DL was going to do something about his blog. I can't find a thread discussing this so I suspect that it was contained in one or more threads on other topics. If the rumors were correct, I'm surprised it took so long.

His username on FT seems also to have changed suddenly.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 6, 2015 at 12:00 am Reason: Typo thanks to autocorrect
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Interesting. I remember some rumors and hints a while ago on the DL forum that suggested that DL was going to do something about his blog. I can't find a thread discussing this so I suspect that it was contained in one or more threads on other topics. If the rum ore were correct, I'm surprised it took so long.

His username on FT seems also to have changed suddenly.
Looks like the thread was merged into this one, starting at post #79 and the next several posts.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Is Rene always hysterical? Looking at his last few headlines and articles he comes off as constantly yelling and out of breath. The level of hysteria makes any point he has very difficult to take seriously. Examples of titles:

- I expect the worst from Marriott & SPG merger. Not good for Delta or for AMEX!

- The Delta upgrade elites want to “JUST SAY NO” to. Avoid Delta Comfort Plus upgrades Medallions! Exit row seats becomes the new elite battleground.

- Delta C+ auto-upgrade tech sends Diamond Medallions to CENTER SEAT! #KeepDescending
Then you get into the articles and you get text like:

Say it with everyone, “Just say no” to drugs Comfort Plus upgrades. Seriously! I am not kidding and I will personally be doing this from now on when traveling with my wife as a top ranked Delta Diamond Medallion member (and soon Million Miler)....Delta really has “lost it” and gone “bat crazy” when it comes to selling something that is NOT better as an amazing whiz bang experience in the air. Folks, it is not that great.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Is Rene always hysterical? Looking at his last few headlines and articles he comes off as constantly yelling and out of breath. The level of hysteria makes any point he has very difficult to take seriously. Examples of titles:

Medallions who fly Delta probably find Rene's critiques to be spot on. As for his dramatic titles, what Delta is doing is pretty damn dramatic.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Say it with everyone, “Just say no” to drugs Comfort Plus upgrades.
He probably meant to do a strikethrough of the word drugs.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:04 pm

Yeah that's pretty much par for the course with that blog.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:28 pm

Is Rene always hysterical? Looking at his last few headlines and articles he comes off as constantly yelling and out of breath. The level of hysteria makes any point he has very difficult to take seriously.
The several forced rebrandings/name changes makes me assume that Delta as a company wants to distance itself as much as possible from this blog.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rabatt
Medallions who fly Delta probably find Rene's critiques to be spot on. As for his dramatic titles, what Delta is doing is pretty damn dramatic.
I'm a Medallion and I think hysterics and drama are silly and overshadow the real issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.