Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
There is a twitter parody account out there.
What's funny is that one of the followers is the Delta corporate twitter account.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
I REALLY wish you hadn't retorted with "the clicks"...

I dare say that I was about to voice some support and agree with the poster that mentioned you as a positive addition!

But then ya went all RenesPoints on us...

Maybe I picked a bad day to visit FT again. I guess 3 months wasn't enough
Chock-full of deliciousness, including the blatant misuse of "to/too."
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
You're right, Rene, it's so pedantic and nitpicking to expect professional writers to actually know how to do things like use apostrophes or spell super-common words correctly.
...let me fix this for you... it’s René

You're right, Rene, it's so pedantic and nitpicking to expect professional writers to actually know how to do things like use apostrophes or spell super-common words correctly.
Oh, and you should use an apostrophe next time i.e. Youre right rather than the incorrect symbol you used. But that would be pointing out the obvious to most I guess. @:-)

Last edited by Renes Points; Feb 20, 2017 at 3:26 pm Reason: fixed bold
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Renes Points
...let me fix this for you... it’s René

Oh, and you should use an apostrophe next time i.e. Youre right rather than the incorrect symbol you used. But that would be pointing out the obvious to most I guess. @:-)

​​​​​​And you should have used quotation marks around "You're right" and then a comma to set off the clause.

This is fun. Of course, if your blog were readable and contained high-quality content, no one would care about an occasional punctuation error.
​​
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Adam1222
​​​​​​And you should have used quotation marks around "You're right" and then a comma to set off the clause.

This is fun. Of course, if your blog were readable and contained high-quality content, no one would care about an occasional punctuation error.
​​
Thanks for being a loyal blog reader! ^
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
This actually has to be one of the saddest, petty ongoing threads on all of FT (by all parties).

Regards
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by scubadu
This actually has to be one of the saddest, petty ongoing threads on all of FT (by all parties).

Regards
I agree that the focus on apostrophes is ridiculous. I don't think it's petty to discuss the poor quality of a blog or the poor behavior of a blogger.

Regards

And Rene, as I've said several times, I stopped reading your blog years ago and removed it from my feed based on the combination of poor content and the attitude displayed on this forum. I hope that others see the way with which you conduct yourself and similarly stop reading your blog, which is one reason for this thread to continue.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite

Regards
You haven't been to OMNI/PR have you?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I stopped reading your blog years ago and removed it from my feed based on the combination of poor content and the attitude displayed on this forum.
+1 I make a conscious effort not to click on any of his BA posts now because of exactly what you describe above.

Last edited by hockeystl; Feb 25, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by hockeystl
+1 I make a conscious effort not to click on any of his BA posts now because of exactly what you describe above.
Lord knows I feel the same way.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:54 pm

Lord knows I feel the same way.

Regards
And Rene, as I've said several times, I stopped reading your blog years ago and removed it from my feed based on the combination of poor content and the attitude displayed on this forum. I hope that others see the way with which you conduct yourself and similarly stop reading your blog, which is one reason for this thread to continue.
+1
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
+ 1

It really speaks volumes that BA won't apply some standards or even basic editing to Rene's 'blog' among others. To me, it's an example that the BA team cares about clicks and clickbait more than they care about quality content and basic standards in grammar. It's bad for the long-term positioning of the BA brand.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:45 pm

Slow Clap...

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 6, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by kingrat
I am enjoying this thread... Popcorn please
I think you mean Popcorn's please.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I think you mean Popcorn's please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.