Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:13 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
One of the Renes just posted about how Clear and Precheck are "a life alerting combo".

After the facepalm, I couldn't help but wonder if he/they meant that combining the two will be detrimental to your health to the point where you have to wear a Life Alert alarm necklace...
Not just origniatly, but quality!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Thanks for the HT. Here is the post you are talking about: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ter-chocolate/
Nobody asked for it.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:04 am

Some of these bloggers are just punching bags here. This Rene fellow must have some really thick skin. Congrats to him on that!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by farbster
Some of these bloggers are just punching bags here. This Rene fellow must have some really thick skin. Congrats to him on that!
It's amazing how thick a skin one can get by making a ton of money off of peddling garbage.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It's amazing how thick a skin one can get by making a ton of money off of peddling garbage.
Hey now, the first class turkey sandwich review exuded both quality and origniatly ^
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by work2fly
Hey now, the first class turkey sandwich review exuded both quality and origniatly ^
One of the worst Delta meals ever. Here is the link to the post you are talking about: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...espoints-blog/
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:30 pm

One of the worst Delta meals ever. Here is the link to the post you are talking about:]
I understand your wanting to post a link back here for SEO purposes, but are you really so desperate that you break the FT TOS by editing work2fly's quote to add a second link back?

That's just sad.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I understand your wanting to post a link back here for SEO purposes, but are you really so desperate that you break the FT TOS by editing work2fly's quote to add a second link back?

That's just sad.
...and yet you edited my quote and removed the link?

Perhaps the rafter in your own eye....
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold

That's just sad.
He's just used to editing other people's comments. I suppose it's what makes his blog so orginialty (or however he describes it)
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I don't believe he peddles garbage, but even if he did it sure makes more sense than you peddling garbage here every day for free...
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:05 pm

I quoted the pertinent part of your post. I didn't change what you posted as you did to work2fly.

Posts that misquote or mischaracterize other posts or members, or contain deceptive, dishonest or knowingly inaccurate information are not allowed.
Further,

If linking to your own blog, to a blog on behalf of someone, or to a blog of which you are a periodic or regular contributor, you must identify that fact in your post and you must include enough content for the FlyerTalk post to stand on its own without following the link. Do not post repeatedly in a manner that has the effect or purpose of driving traffic to a blog or website.

Exceptions to this rule include:

Linking to a travel program website page containing information relevant to the discussion (such as a ticketing rule or terms & conditions of a promotion being discussed in the thread);
Linking to the websites of established news organizations or to company press releases with details of an ongoing news event (such as an airline or hotel incident). In such a case, merely providing the headline of the new item along with a link to it, without posting additional content, is allowable.
Posts that do not conform to these rules may be deleted and repetitive offenses may subject the poster to discipline.

Get to know the rules. Would hate to see you suspended and be deprived of your participation here! ^
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I don't believe he peddles garbage, but even if he did it sure makes more sense than you peddling garbage here every day for free...
Careful, such talk is not appreciated on the BBB

Would hate to see you suspended and be deprived of your participation here! ^
You have earned your 30 pieces of silver tonight. Well done!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:21 pm

Wasnt someone just talking about a thick skin?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:18 am

Not sure about the blog you mention as RenésPoints has been now 1 year and 1 month under the new branded name (maybe you have not had time to visit).

If so, myself and many other bloggers are now posting about BAcon3. Here is my review called "BAcon Bits": http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/2016/11/10/bacon-bits-interesting-gems-weekends-boardingarea-conference-dc/

That was painful to read. Get a copy editor.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:51 pm
Suspended

That was painful to read. Get a copy editor.
It's funny, I re-read the post and would not change a single word! But thanks for being a loyal reader! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.