Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

ANA NRT-IAD-NRT First Class 96,200 Guest Miles and $230 [now expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA NRT-IAD-NRT First Class 96,200 Guest Miles and $230 [now expired]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Has anyone called in EY guest services to see what the new redemption rates are for ANA.?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
I place the full blame on Brian Kelly, Lucky, Gary Leff, and other people who have made a fortune on the credit card game, and promoted this in their blogs, "award booking concierge services" as well as folks who discussed this on FT and the MS people who milked this to death ( going back to Brian Kelly, Lucky and Gary Leff, others)

If folks kept quiet, this would still be available.

This always happens. Something nice comes along. The locusts attack, and its gone. I'm sick of it.

The bloggers generally destroy everything they touch
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky
I place the full blame on Brian Kelly, Lucky, Gary Leff, and other people who have made a fortune on the credit card game, and promoted this in their blogs, "award booking concierge services" as well as folks who discussed this on FT and the MS people who milked this to death ( going back to Brian Kelly, Lucky and Gary Leff, others)

This always happens. Something nice comes along. The locusts attack, and its gone. I'm sick of it.

Totally agree.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Just so you know this never made it to the blogs. So this one is not Gary's, Brian's, or Lucky's fault.

EY obviously saw an abnormally high amount of ANA F bookings and killed it.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I agree, I've scoured the Net and found no reporting of this anywhere. It would have been gone in days if the bloggers had posted about it.
I blame OP ;-)
But of course I wouldn't have a pair of F redemptions if he hadn't demonstrated they could be booked. Many people had reported on the ANA chart before OP, but he is the one who showed many of us here it could be done. It was a good run and I am happy folks in this thread and others who have PMd over the last couple months could get in on this great redemption. I think enough of us booked this to cause a blip that someone at EY decided to investigate. Stuff happens...
Thanks again OP for a good share!
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Just so you know this never made it to the blogs. So this one is not Gary's, Brian's, or Lucky's fault.

Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:17 am

It made it to PointsGuy in August, just wasn't well-publicized.

In fact, there was a post by TPG a few days ago referencing this FT exact thread. But perhaps OP is the same as the TPG author of this particular post?

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/11/etih...er-redemption/

Last edited by iluvdoco; Nov 14, 2015 at 10:23 am
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Quote:

It made it to PointsGuy in August, just wasn't well-publicized.

In fact, there was a post by TPG a few days ago referencing this FT exact thread. But perhaps OP is the same as the TPG author of this particular post?

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/11/etih...er-redemption/
Oh ok then I am mistaken. But either way, this was alive for months. Just be happy with what you got ^.~ I am
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:11 pm

oh wow, look at that, I never saw that TPG post and it does look like it was OP from the description of the booking.
BTW, searching through the bios of all the folks at TPG site, wow, makes me feel old, those are all some young ones there ;-) I think I was on my first TPAC in business class before most of these folks were born.

Oh ok then I am mistaken. But either way, this was alive for months. Just be happy with what you got ^.~ I am
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:17 pm

EY has several reps on this board so this thread is the reason.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:12 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mike84k
wow, that more than doubled overnight

what thef$#@#@
I just reached 35000points on ethiad and now can say goodbay for Tokyo-SFO
first class
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:59 pm

I highly doubt it. This thread has been up on page one here for months. If this thread was the reason, the award chart would have been gone months ago. The reps have also more or less been asked to stop showing up in threads and stating the obvious (and not being helpful), so I doubt they really paid attention to this one. Lastly, if anyone were to have sounded the alarm from within EY, I suspect it would have been the male call center agent in Manchester that many of us spoke with who said "wow, that is a really good deal, isn't it?" when I booked mine.

Originally Posted by erik123
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by stephem
I highly doubt it. This thread has been up on page one here for months. If this thread was the reason, the award chart would have been gone months ago. The reps have also more or less been asked to stop showing up in threads and stating the obvious (and not being helpful), so I doubt they really paid attention to this one. Lastly, if anyone were to have sounded the alarm from within EY, I suspect it would have been the male call center agent in Manchester that many of us spoke with who said "wow, that is a really good deal, isn't it?" when I booked mine.
Lucky , Brian Kelly and Gary Leff make an insane amount of money from their blogs, credit card referrals and award booking service . The world of flyertalk is littered with good deals that have died because some blogger talked about it and spread the word, all while enriching themselves . Soon after ,deals when dead . It happens every time . And if you must know : they only share information that benefits them directly .

So now folks that fly EY and accumate miles just saw the value of these miles drop

I've have been cutting back on my EY flying anyway , this is further incentive to give them less business . EY did not honor the 3X 4X first class business class ticket offer i got in the summer , I'm still pissed off about that .
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of Them
Lucky , Brian Kelly and Gary Leff make an insane amount of money from their blogs, credit card referrals and award booking service . The world of flyertalk is littered with good deals that have died because some blogger talked about it and spread the word, all while enriching themselves .
All this from your 3 months of experience here?

And if you must know : they only share information that benefits them directly .
That is simply not true, and you say it as if you have the high authority on ther matter.

This is the thread I started, so I figured I'd give the author here credit in my post for first alerting me to this change.

I think we can all agree this deal was far too good to last. ANA would always eventually call Etihad given the cost of all these F flights being redeemed through their program. I am happy this thread alerted some of you to this amazing redemption. Thats what Flyertalk is all about.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pawel Siewko
what thef$#@#@
I just reached 35000points on ethiad and now can say goodbay for Tokyo-SFO
first class
I think redemptions made on NH (via EY) could only be return journeys ... please correct me if I'm wrong!

+1
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Called for redemption on ANA: PEK-KIX. J went from 14500 (old) to 19000 (new)+ 15USD. Still entirely reasonable. No YQ either - JL and NH just announced that they are dropping all YQ due to low fuel prices - kind of amazed that there are some airlines do still view YQ as actually correlated with fuel prices.

The long haul F awards increased astronomically. J for the most part did not increase like crazy.

EY wanted 22750 + $120USD for their own metal in J PEK-NGO. I'm going to Kyoto anyways so KIX makes more sense. LOL

Last edited by hansyuwiwb; Nov 15, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.