Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

ANA NRT-IAD-NRT First Class 96,200 Guest Miles and $230 [now expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
I have SFO-NRT-SFO in F for 2 pax booked for late March under the rates in the old "intern" chart. I booked what I could find, Sunday-Saturday but had intended to tweak dates to get slightly longer overall stay as ANA possibly opened more availability. I know I technically have 1 free date change, but now that rates have shot up dramatically I am wondering if anyone thinks I could get a date change on the return and keep the old rates? Has anyone tried this? I also wonder, should I just let sleeping dogs lie and be happy with what I have, rather than tempt fate by calling?
I doubt you'll risk anything by calling to check. Just be clear and explicit about it: Please do NOT make any change, just checking.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I wound up emailing our buddy in the Manchester call center and asking about whether we could change dates and keep same mileage level and he said the miles would stay the same and that as per original booking rules we could have one date change for free. We had a touch and go issue with another commitment that was getting in the way of this trip (next Sunday), but I think we have it mitigated. We have the total first world problem of if not this weekend, then when could we squeeze a trip to Tokyo into our travel schedule...
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

^^ 36 days until mine :-)
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:05 pm

Only 4 days until ours, actually a nice Easter Sunday treat if I should say so!

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
^^ 36 days until mine :-)
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by stephem
Only 4 days until ours, actually a nice Easter Sunday treat if I should say so!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

36 days until mine :-)

Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you !!!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:47 am

We arrived in Tokyo rested and relaxed. Not the best F product but also not the worst by any means, and the service was very good.

My biggest regret now is that I didn't move 140k SPG points over and get us two more RTs before the "intern chart" was discovered and replaced. An astounding value!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:36 am

We finished our trip yesterday with a nice ride home NRT-SFO in F. We had used the ANA visit Japan fare to get super cheap tix to/from Sapporo and were able to upgrade those to F for about $90 a ticket, so definitely got our fill of ANA premium cabin experience on this trip.

We had a really nice crew on the return, same purser as on the outbound, they took great care of us. And we had only 2 others in F with us, so extra seats to eat/sleep in.

I'm largely back to my regularly scheduled business class travel for the future, so thanks again OP for the encouragement to work on booking this, ANA F was a nice treat. And I guess thanks to EY, since the miles were accrued from my family of 5 flying CMB-DFW on that "well-priced" F fare in 2014 ;-)
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Did anyone have a luck in changing the dates of the pre-deval ANA award? I see availability at United.com, ANA.com, and expertflyer.com, but five agents I've spoken to said manual requests come back as unconfirmed. Is there anything I can do to increase my odd? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.