Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Why Does Etihad Guest Make Life So Difficult To....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:01 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum

.........1. get miles refunded back into EY Guest account after cancelling a reward booking?
2. Credit miles to EY Guest account after upgrading (using e-bidding upgrade) using cash?

I am sure there are plenty more things that are just so difficult to do with EY Guest? Any suggestions?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
.........1. get miles refunded back into EY Guest account after cancelling a reward booking?
2. Credit miles to EY Guest account after upgrading (using e-bidding upgrade) using cash?

I am sure there are plenty more things that are just so difficult to do with EY Guest? Any suggestions?
I waited nearly three months for 60K to be returned to me. A polite comment on one of their facebook posts grabbed their attention. I was emailed the same day and after I replied giving all the details, I was credited the miles two days later.

I couldn't be sure, but I doubt I would have got the miles back without doing this. Prior to my facebook post, I made roughly six calls to the call centre and each time I was promised I would get the back within a week.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:52 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Crediting partner miles also proves too bl+++y hard too
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:59 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Dear NoY

Sorry to hear you this disappointment, we would like to look into this for you. Kindly send us an email to [email protected] and our team will look into this for you.

Kind regards *GW
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:52 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear NoY

Sorry to hear you this disappointment, we would like to look into this for you. Kindly send us an email to [email protected] and our team will look into this for you.

Kind regards *GW
E-mail now sent thank you.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by NoY
hmm... just did this last week, and the miles got credited back on the third day... and the taxes to my CC this morning...

maybe I was lucky...
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:24 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ziek
hmm... just did this last week, and the miles got credited back on the third day... and the taxes to my CC this morning...

maybe I was lucky...
Oh , you WERE lucky

Not one of my or Ms. NoY’s seems to credit without escalation/emails/calls etc.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:28 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
E-mail now sent thank you.
Still nothing credited back to the EY Guest account
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:07 pm

I'm getting rid of all my EY miles specifically for 1.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by edy4eva
I'm getting rid of all my EY miles specifically for 1.
I can understand that. My flights on EY have been pretty good. But the old computer system or program is frustrating. Also not giving the call takers any power means to me 1. they are under trained or over worked 2. they only have a few people they trust and that creates a log jam and very slow responses. Either way it doesn't make for good service. We can all get tickets for close to the same price so service can make a big difference.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:20 pm

How long has it taken for people to get credit for flights taken with cash upgrades? Hasn't this been a known issue for months? My 2 segments with cash upgrades show with 0 miles and the 2 segments afterward without cash upgrades don't even appear (they were operated by Jet so there's something else). It's been 2 weeks.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:12 am

Thumbs down

I have always got my guest miles within 24 hours. However what frustrates me most is not getting the bonus miles or promotion miles for which you have to literally flight with them. I get the weirdest of emails saying "we have so many promotions and please inform us which one are you talking about??"
This in spite of registering and getting a confirmation number code as well.
The other nightmare is getting the miles from partner airlines even when the flight is marketed as EY.
There seems to be absolutely no solution or improvement on this matter and mars the in flight experience of this airline.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:56 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
Still nothing credited back to the EY Guest account
OK, got my refunded miles from the reward cancellation. Phew.

Still nothing for the folks’ flights after upgrading (using e-bidding upgrade) using cash
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
OK, got my refunded miles from the reward cancellation. Phew.

Still nothing for the folks’ flights after upgrading (using e-bidding upgrade) using cash
I ended up emailing EtihadHelp who posts here occasionally and someone got it my cash upgrade flights and partner flights that were missing credited same day.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:30 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtokuda
I ended up emailing EtihadHelp who posts here occasionally and someone got it my cash upgrade flights and partner flights that were missing credited same day.
Yep. Tried that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.