Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:24 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by unicon
Can't you book the last 7 miles as a separate trip with the same company?
Unfortunately no, I asked about that when I called and they said that the car that EK books can only take me 60 miles, and if i wanted to book another car as a separate trip it would have to be another car. I don't understand why, but I guess since they just started with EK (EWR service just began last week) they don't want to make any mistakes.

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Take an uber for the last 7
Yes that seems to be the only option now, but it just defeats the purpose of a a chauffeur drive service when you have to take an uber to be within the allowed distance to the airport!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I've used Emirates Business class on two occasions and I live about 120 miles from LHR. Each time, despite agreeing the discounted excess months in advance, arriving back tired at LHR, there has been some dispute about the amount! As we're entitled to two cars, I negotiate to pay around Ł50. I could of course get the train to Southampton and get car to meet me, but who needs the hassle?

Last time at LHR arrivals, I was handed a letter, which I read the next day. I knew what excess I would pay and did so in cash when we got home.

Incidentally, as the M3 was closed and we had to divert, would we be liable for the excess 'excess?

My second point relates to the working conditions for LHR drivers. This year, both drivers seemed tired and when I asked the return guy where he lived, it was near LHR. Usually we are driven by rural based drivers. This one complained that he had muttered to his employers about working long hours and been punished with our job.

In Singapore, the driver meeting our cruise ship, went to the incorrect meeting place and after a few frantic phone calls he got it right.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by S.R
Unfortunately no, I asked about that when I called and they said that the car that EK books can only take me 60 miles, and if i wanted to book another car as a separate trip it would have to be another car. I don't understand why, but I guess since they just started with EK (EWR service just began last week) they don't want to make any mistakes.
This policy doesn't seem to make any sense unless their contract prohibits the use of CD cars for non-CD trips.

Yes that seems to be the only option now, but it just defeats the purpose of a a chauffeur drive service when you have to take an uber to be within the allowed distance to the airport!
Agreed that switching to a uber enroute to your destination is a hassle, but you would still save around $100. Isn't that the whole purpose of CD. Otherwise one could always get their own car service or uber to their destination without any restrictions.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by S.R
Yes but others have reported success at negotiating an overage charge with the car service provider, for example at JFK going to the Hamptons. Just disappointing when the overage is only 7 miles.
If in some situations people were able to get excess mileage an at extra cost then lucky them. There is no room to complain if the policy only allows certain mileage. If it is at the discretion of the car company, subject to their contract with EK, then you should really take it up with them. And I doubt that saying "xyz at Flyer Talk forum I am part of told me that another company lets people for further at extra cost, so take me those extra miles" will have the desired effect.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
We're three pax landing in BRU, 2J+1Y all travelling to the same hotel. Since we're eligible for two cars, can the Y passenger travel with us and maybe put our bags in the second car?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
We're three pax landing in BRU, 2J+1Y all travelling to the same hotel. Since we're eligible for two cars, can the Y passenger travel with us and maybe put our bags in the second car?
Yes, shouldn't be a problem.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Picked up at SYD two nights ago in a black Range Rover Sport, brand new. Beautiful quilted leather seats.

There was a problem with my booking and I think they called someone in last minute. I was travelling in J.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:30 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Can anyone add the information for Durban (DUR)?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbb
Can anyone add the information for Durban (DUR)?
Added to the list. Now just waiting for some data input.
No clue as to what cars they provide at DUR.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
Can travelling companions on same flight in Y join the F traveller in the chauffered car?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by kangela
Can travelling companions on same flight in Y join the F traveller in the chauffered car?
Yes. I've even had folk travelling in Y to another destination on another airline share the EK chauffeur drive.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by kangela
In VIE in J I've had a friend in an Easy jet flight join me. The drivers don't care as long as everyone fits. The fact it was Euro and the car was a 7 series with personal live TVs was just a bonus
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The Times: Emirates airline uses company run by criminals to drive VIPs

Originally Posted by The Times
Emirates Airlines is knowingly allowing a criminal gang to transfer its first and business class passengers to and from airports in the UK, an investigation by The Times has found.

The Dubai-based airline is using Professional Chauffeur Services (PCS) despite being aware that the company is run by a group of convicted criminals
As The Times now hides behind a paywall, you may wish to read further details over on BT.

Originally Posted by Business Traveller
The Times says that earlier this year Murphy and three employees “were convicted of fraud for “clocking” cars on an industrial scale and now face custodial sentences. Murphy and his accomplices wiped at least seven million miles off the odometers of about 100 cars used to transport Emirates passengers. The gang did this in order to sell the cars at inflated prices “or return them to lease hire companies without paying penalties for extra mileage”.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
A little dramatic. They've been using PCS for years and the convictions are recent. I'm sure EK is reviewing or has reviewed their relationship.

Pure clickbait, the headline makes you think it's mobsters with guns driving around first class pax.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:17 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Not again... How many times does this need to be posted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.