Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I am new on the Emirates forum, so am sure this questions will have been asked before, however..............

If I arrive in J/F in Duabi late evening and choose to stay at an airport hotel for that first night, does manage my booking allow the pickup chauffeur to be booked for the following morning to take us to our hotel?

Thanks.
If I'm not wrong, the Chauffeur is only available for that particular day and may not be able to take you the next day.
You may have to call EK and ask
OR
Wait for some EK experts here.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:10 am
Original Poster

My dad will be flying DXB-MXP on Sunday, thread shall be updated as soon as I am informed.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Since one booking included 3 people (all in J), they sent a Mercedes Viano which seems to be a very common car for EK to use.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Hello all-

My friend and I will be heading to Milan from JFK at the end of June (first time on Emirates and first time on an A380) We will be heading to the airport from two different locations. I got a little confused when trying to book the cars....can we send the cars to two different locations or do we take one and make multiple stops? I only ask since there is an option for up to three addresses, but only one spot for the zip code. Also, when we land in Milan, is there a chauffeur desk (like Virgin has at Heathrow) or does the driver meet you? Last thing....how much time would you allow from the central train station in Milan (our hotel is near there) back to MXP?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carolinaRN
Hello all-

My friend and I will be heading to Milan from JFK at the end of June (first time on Emirates and first time on an A380) We will be heading to the airport from two different locations. I got a little confused when trying to book the cars....can we send the cars to two different locations or do we take one and make multiple stops? I only ask since there is an option for up to three addresses, but only one spot for the zip code. Also, when we land in Milan, is there a chauffeur desk (like Virgin has at Heathrow) or does the driver meet you? Last thing....how much time would you allow from the central train station in Milan (our hotel is near there) back to MXP?

Firstly, the 3 address lines don't mean multiple addresses, its for one address, three lines are there in case it's too long. So the car can only come to one address.

No Chauffeur Desk in Milan, from what I've heard, the driver will be waiting for you in the arrivals hall.

After checking Google Maps, Central Train Station seems quite far from the airport, so it's up to you how early you want to book the car.
I'd suggest at least 4hrs before the flight as there is a possibility of traffic and if you get there early, you can enjoy the lounge.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by carolinaRN
Hello all-

3h is enough except you want to stay long in the lounge as the driving time is approx 60'.

Extra stopp in NYC not possible. Have to meet at the same address or book two cars.

There is a guy with a name board in the arrival hall.
Old May 23, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Thank you for the replies.....I feel a bit silly about the three address lines.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Tokyo HND was a Toyota crown - pretty nice from my hazy memory!
Old May 24, 2015, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red
Tokyo HND was a Toyota crown - pretty nice from my hazy memory!
Thanks. Thread updated.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

For MXP (Business Class):
Volkswagen Transporter
Mercedes Benz E-Class (diesel) (2015 facelift model)
Audi A6 2.0 TDI (estate wagon)
Mercedes Benz Viano
Old May 27, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
GRU in First
Peugeot 408 &
Hyundai Elantra (I think - this was from the airport and i was slightly drunk! It was def a Hyundai but model might be different!)
Old May 28, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
The car or the Arrivals Lounge?

Have tried to find an answer to my question, but without success.
My flight gets into BNE at 06:40 and I would like to spend a couple of hours in the Arrivals Lounge first.
Is this possible or would the driver be there, ready and waiting to take me to my hotel after I clear passport & customs?
Old May 28, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Cypress
My flight gets into BNE at 06:40 and I would like to spend a couple of hours in the Arrivals Lounge first.
Is this possible or would the driver be there, ready and waiting to take me to my hotel after I clear passport & customs?
There is no arrival lounge for ek pax anywhere except where you have an onward boarding pass.

When you arrive at bne you will need to exit straight away where you will meet the driver.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cypress
I don't think you can wait, if the car is booked then you have to use it after clearing passport/customs.
Old May 30, 2015, 4:45 am

At most outstations they have already pre-assigned a driver to you based on your luggage requirements and destination time - as in, worked out how long it will take to get you there and back for the next shift. I suppose you could ask the driver whether he could wait 2-3 hours, but considering they get paid by the job, not the hour, I suspect he/she (and the company!) will be rather unhappy at the prospect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.