Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ELAL FF Program Update...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:35 am
Company Representative - El Al Airlines

Please send my in a private message your Matmid number with the reservation number and contact info so I could look it up for you and see if that is possible.

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
ELAL is establishing new agreements with banks in the US. We are expecting to announce one of the agreements in the near future.
banks? plural? You guys don't seem to get it. One bank, one issuer, and have a solid program. From what I can tell, you have "Fly Card" arrangements with a gazillion different Israeli banks. United = Chase, AA=Citi, AS=BofA, DL =AX. And those are real airlines.

And none of your US competitors expire points 3 years after earning them, only if there's no activity in the account.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Guys...

You already know i am not an EL-AL employee, You need to take things in proportion, EL-AL is not a charity organization, They try to maximize profit,
And they cant do it without hurting the clients.

The more you fly and higher your club membership is, the more you will get hurt from the new changes, This is happening world wide, With Delta, United and all the rest will follow.

For the common people (who barley fly, and when they do its bonus tickets that they collected from credit cards) the change is good..., For the Rich and Famous, The usually dont look on the little details, All they care is that they will be TPL, and that they will get special attention.

To all the middle people (which i will consider most of the forum) this is a major f**k, But who gives a damn about the middle tier anywhere? even in the Israeli economy no one care about them.

Sorry if i offended anyone by calling him a middle people! 8-)

You guys need to see what Delta does, At least EL-AL uses Vaseline! 8-)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
EL-AL is not a charity organization, They try to maximize profit,
well, they're not terribly good at that, are they?

On United and Delta, if you fly a lot on expensive fares, you're actually in (some cases considerably) better shape.

El Al is disgracefully mismanaged, its an embarrassment to the State of Israel.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by entropy
banks? plural? You guys don't seem to get it. One bank, one issuer, and have a solid program. From what I can tell, you have "Fly Card" arrangements with a gazillion different Israeli banks. United = Chase, AA=Citi, AS=BofA, DL =AX. And those are real airlines.

And none of your US competitors expire points 3 years after earning them, only if there's no activity in the account.
well, they're not terribly good at that, are they?

On United and Delta, if you fly a lot on expensive fares, you're actually in (some cases considerably) better shape.

^^^^^

The move to have every issuer issue the Premium card and Diners issue the regular card is everything wrong with LY, the Israeli credit card system, and the relationship between airlines and Israeli banks.

One would have hoped that a country that knows how to connect banks and airlines, the USA, (some might even say too much,) would've gotten it right with LY.

Multiple banks is more of "attractive point conversion" and less of a credit card portfolio to be proud of (think the old UA different cards, or AA's Citi cards)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Liat, still waiting for you to respond to my PM
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by EL AL Rep.
By the way, I think you misinterpreted the benfit of: "20% of the "extra" points earned via the CC can be converted to base point" :

As a FLY CARD Premium holder, up to 20% of the points you get for your purchases are being automatically considered a Basic Points.

For Example: if you are A GL member and you accumulated 1500 points for your purchases (CC points) , 300 of these points will be posted as Basic points and will be considered for upgrade to the next tier or for retaining your status.

These points would also be considered for Last Minute Upgrades.
Although poorly worded, I understood it just fine. I also understand that your job is to show LY on a positive note and show this as an enhancement rather than a devaluation, but it doesn't change the fact that it is not just a devaluation, but a huge one.
Liat, I'm hopeful that you understand why I'm disappointed. I'll be more than happy to write my full opinion and send it to you via mail. If you (and hopefully the LY management) are interested in hearing my opinion, please PM me an email address (or mailing address) of an executive in the Matmid department to which I'll be able to send my full, detailed opinion, backed with numbers. I'm hopeful that you'll be able to provide me with such a contact information. It will, hopefully, allow me to get in touch with those who made these decision and be able to explain it to them from mine (and many others) perspective.

However, I'm not too hopeful. This is LY, I know...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gordo6
Although poorly worded, I understood it just fine. I also understand that your job is to show LY on a positive note and show this as an enhancement rather than a devaluation, but it doesn't change the fact that it is not just a devaluation, but a huge one.
Liat, I'm hopeful that you understand why I'm disappointed. I'll be more than happy to write my full opinion and send it to you via mail. If you (and hopefully the LY management) are interested in hearing my opinion, please PM me an email address (or mailing address) of an executive in the Matmid department to which I'll be able to send my full, detailed opinion, backed with numbers. I'm hopeful that you'll be able to provide me with such a contact information. It will, hopefully, allow me to get in touch with those who made these decision and be able to explain it to them from mine (and many others) perspective.

However, I'm not too hopeful. This is LY, I know...
To be fair, most of the other airline reps on this board (UA, BA, AC, and DL) at least are fair enough when they admit that something isn't a good change. You don't have to "only" portray the airline in a "positive light."
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:58 pm

As of February 10, 2015 EL AL will launch the new EXECUTIVE circle for our loyal members living outside of Israel
http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer...rs-Circle.aspx
Hi Liat,
thanks for taking the time to respond.
In terms non-Israel based customers, how many (a) countries/ (b)credit card programs allow a transfer from their program to Matmid to meet the criteria of
least 100 points from credit cards that are non-Israeli for this "executive members circle"?

I cant recall any in Canada...and nothing comes to mind for Europe.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
We need a "Like" button on this forum.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
The review of the devaluation on dansdeals is very thorough and brutal:

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/54884
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ebzed
For the common people (who barley fly, and when they do its bonus tickets that they collected from credit cards) the change is good...
Not sure how you worked that one out...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
This is the only credit card in Israel that allows point accrual on payments of taxes and utilities, such as municipal taxes, water and electricity
Liat, you might want to check your facts (or the claims your superiors have asked you to make...) as this is definitely not true.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:15 pm

"Originally Posted by ebzed
For the common people (who barley fly, and when they do its bonus tickets that they collected from credit cards) the change is good..."

I do two round trips a year, that gave me 800 points to stay silver. I will now only get 640 points a year for the same trips. I am also unable to ascertain if I will be able to do any upgrades. I am a "common person" ( in your insulting language) and this change is horrendous!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubman
Liat, you might want to check your facts (or the claims your superiors have asked you to make...) as this is definitely not true.
Maybe ever since the FLY Card was introduced, you can no longer accrue points in Matmid for these types of payments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.