Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
New Belgian Trippel "Belgian Style Ale" - fantastic and a rare high ABV beer at 8.5% that isn't your traditional bitter ale (at least to me).

The Harris Teeter near me is no longer stocking it but thankfully the beer "boutique" still had a couple so I could stock up.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
My beer fridge is empty and will remain so until Easter. It's tough, but I can do it.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yuengling, Boston Lager, Stella, lots of PBR. The ole' Wally World Variety Pack.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just picked up my usual two cases of Zombie Dust at Three Floyds a couple days ago.

Also laid in 4x 2016 Behemoth barleywine bombers, the maximum per person per day. In 2012 when they were more lenient, I bought 60 bottles to lay down. It makes very good trading/gift material. I still have about 45 of them.

And got 5x 6-packs of Hopslam, a fantastic DIPA. https://bellsbeer.com/brands/19-Hopslam%20Ale

Some years back, Flossmoor (IL) Station put out an 11% rye beer called Hi-Fi Rye. The brewmaster has now opened his own brewery (http://blueislandbeerco.com/) and soon will release a very similar beer in 500 ml bottles @ $8 I have been told. They are also barrel-aging some, which will take a year.

Hi-Fi Rye was #1 barleywine in the US when it was first released. I am seriously looking forward to this.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Phillips Blue Buck. Phillips is a craft brewery from Victoria and it's pretty good amber beer. I see on their website they also conduct brewery tours so may have to find a reason to visit Victoria one day soon.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
... got 5x 6-packs of Hopslam, a fantastic DIPA. https://bellsbeer.com/brands/19-Hopslam%20Ale
Hopslam has been a cult favorite for several years. Personally, though it's very good, it's not IMO worth the price premium over competing super-hopped IPAs and IIPAs that have hit the market recently. And the ABV is pretty close to the max that I can enjoy; I'd rather trade off some of that alcohol for the ability to drink more of the product.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Enjoying a nice Ballast Point Habañero Sculpin at the moment. Spicy, but not too much so. I also just picked up a four pack of Unibroue Don de Dieu, my favorite from that brewery (more so than their more popular La Fin du Monde).

Chris
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:38 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Lervig/Evil Twin Big A.. Money Stout
The Bruery 8 Maids A Milking
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:26 pm

A gaggle of Old Milwaukee
Old Feb 20, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Grabbed Troegs Nugget Nectar (they have a new design for the box holding the 6-packs now) and Rogue 6 Hop IPA. Looking forward to both later this evening.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:06 pm

Empty but ...

Originally Posted by BamaVol
My beer fridge is empty and will remain so until Easter. It's tough, but I can do it.
Right there with you.

I just put eight cans of my favorite beer, Indeed (Twin Cities): Mexican Honey, which is only out a couple of months each year around now, in my daughter's fridge. When I come back in April, maybe one will still be there.

If I had Java Stout at hand that would be on layaway too.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:32 pm

Smithwick's
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by cswriter
Right there with you.

I just put eight cans of my favorite beer, Indeed (Twin Cities): Mexican Honey, which is only out a couple of months each year around now, in my daughter's fridge. When I come back in April, maybe one will still be there.

If I had Java Stout at hand that would be on layaway too.
It had been relatively easy until Saturday afternoon. Had lunch outside down by the beach. The weather was very Spring-like, mid 70's and the sun was shining. Nothing would have complimented that bronzed amberjack sandwich like an IPA. Sigh. But I hung tough. Gonna make up for it on Easter though.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Grabbed Troegs Nugget Nectar (they have a new design for the box holding the 6-packs now) and Rogue 6 Hop IPA. Looking forward to both later this evening.
How did you like the Nugget Nectar? Had some on tap the other day and it didn't seem up to past years' versions.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
How did you like the Nugget Nectar? Had some on tap the other day and it didn't seem up to past years' versions.
Still liked it - definitely a bit hoppier than I remember but still delicious.

Stone Brewing's Stone Charred (basically a bourbon barrel-aged Double B*trd Ale) - this one packed a punch. A tad more bitter but is still delicious.

Stone Stochasticity Project's 'Your Father Smelt of Elderberries' - a nice, tart ancient ale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.