Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hoppyum and Devil's Backbone Eight Point IPA.
Hoppyum?
Old May 24, 2016, 9:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Hoppyum?
One of my favorites, made by Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem, NC. Really excellent when you can find it on tap
Old May 25, 2016, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
One of my favorites, made by Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem, NC. Really excellent when you can find it on tap
It shows up down in Florida occasionally. I will remember to try it next time I see it on the chalkboard.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:38 am

If I venture down that way, I'll have to find it.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG
Not sure how easy it is to find outside of Quebec, but I strongly recommend any beer by Unibroue...one of my favorite microbreweries!
Old May 25, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Nathalie.OroLoyalty
Not sure how easy it is to find outside of Quebec, but I strongly recommend any beer by Unibroue...one of my favorite microbreweries!
Unibroue is very easy to find in many areas.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:45 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Maine, another one. several growlers. party tonight! Had their Lunch a few weeks ago. Life is good at DSI's place.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Old May 28, 2016, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nathalie.OroLoyalty
I can't always find the whole range but a friend brings me back Fin du Monde whenever she visits her father in l'Assumption, Qc.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Humorous experience yesterday. I was sitting in an SFO restaurant next to an English couple, he about 70, she about 55. They'd ordered Budweiper and had very disappointed looks on their faces. They struck up a conversation saying they didn't really fancy their drinks, as "it isn't really like beer in England." I agreed and supplied my opinion of America's best selling swill.

I tried to steer them toward a nice Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or an Anchor Steam as good representative California brews, but they ended up having to leave, glasses only half drunk, to catch their flight to Hawaii.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I can't always find the whole range but a friend brings me back Fin du Monde whenever she visits her father in l'Assumption, Qc.
Come visit me. We have no problem finding it.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Humorous experience yesterday. I was sitting in an SFO restaurant next to an English couple, he about 70, she about 55. They'd ordered Budweiper and had very disappointed looks on their faces. They struck up a conversation saying they didn't really fancy their drinks, as "it isn't really like beer in England." I agreed and supplied my opinion of America's best selling swill.

I tried to steer them toward a nice Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or an Anchor Steam as good representative California brews, but they ended up having to leave, glasses only half drunk, to catch their flight to Hawaii.
Hopefully they remembered your advice after they landed. It strikes me as unusual for a 70 year old from England to be unfamiliar with Bud. I've seen American beers in quite a few pubs in the UK. They must have been from some small town. I can only imagine their disappointment if they have been used to drinking real ales their whole lives.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Duplicate
Old May 29, 2016, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Hopefully they remembered your advice after they landed. It strikes me as unusual for a 70 year old from England to be unfamiliar with Bud. I've seen American beers in quite a few pubs in the UK. They must have been from some small town. I can only imagine their disappointment if they have been used to drinking real ales their whole lives.
I'm guessing one of their more well-traveled friends (or someone who knew US soldiers in the post WW2 years) may have warned them not to ever drink the stuff
Old May 29, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
I haven't sipped a Bud since I was a teenager in the late 70's early 80's. However, I have heard that the version brewed in the UK is far superior to what we have in the US. Is this true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.