Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Air France (AF) ends upgradeable seats from Premium W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France (AF) ends upgradeable seats from Premium W

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
After seeing the latest posts, I decided to ask DL again about KL #1927 on 10/31. EF shows 08 and although DL sees the same inventory when they try to get the ug for me they get "sale denied". (This ticket started as an AF W/SWU but now everything is DL except KL in/out GVA.)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Well, if they fixed it (and they did not...) it does not show up on LAX, JFK or...

anything else...
six daily flights from JFK to CDG, and I scanned them all from 11/10 to 11/28 (got tired after that). No AF across the pond.
Tried 11/20 through 26 for LAX, and I ran out of LAX...

But, you can take DL184 JFK-CDG for 262,500 miles...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by bradfrancini
This BoardingArea article seems to indicate that the stalemate between DL and AF was softening, at least as it related to mileage redemption in J:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...el-surcharges/

Is it possible the SWUs are working again? Has anyone called in the last few days?
Word on the street is that the dispute with AF is unresolved, but I'm also hearing Mr. Robertson has taken a hard stance on our behalf against AF wanting to charge DL customers for awards & upgrades. Apparently he's been pushing DL RM to open up more seats on DL metal to make up for the loss of AF seats avail to us. If true, sincere props to Mr. Robertson.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by upgradeluvr
I called yesterday (october 23rd) to inquire about AF award space in November 2012 (LAX-CDG). I informed the agent that I heard there were "issues" between AF and DL. She looked up my dates and there was plenty of "O" inventory.

She claimed she was "unaware" of any difficulties with Medallions trying to use SWUs or award usage. Sounds fishy!
Maybe, but DL mgmt not telling agents is a common occurrence.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Word on the street is that the dispute with AF is unresolved, but I'm also hearing Mr. Robertson has taken a hard stance on our behalf against AF wanting to charge DL customers for awards & upgrades. Apparently he's been pushing DL RM to open up more seats on DL metal to make up for the loss of AF seats avail to us. If true, sincere props to Mr. Robertson.
Sure doesn't sound like the JR I know...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:17 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
JR advocating on our behalf. What a slap in the face on so many levels. So he is working soooo hard to make our experience a better one but his superiors in RM are simply not letting him ... the situation is as follows: even DM's on B fares are Z-waitlisted since ages. DL is currently not even offering U/Gs on top of outrage sly expensive fares so how big is the chance that "free" seats are opening soon. We have suffered the disservice for months now and yet have to suffer until June 2013. by then many SWU's are simply expired and the problem solves itself - on our expense of course.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I am getting tired for hearing 'excuses' on that

I was wondering if DL has any action plan for this matter, or are we set to 'chase' inventory that AF/KL blocks? I was able to find one out in January on the AF low, and even though the award calendar suggested returns, when it comes to actual selection it states
"no option available for the dates/flights (yada yada yada)"

I think Delta should come up with some statement by now. I feel that checking delta.com is just a waste of time, furthermore, it's a waste of OUR time, the clients.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:02 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by DLroads
I was wondering if DL has any action plan for this matter, or are we set to 'chase' inventory that AF/KL blocks? I was able to find one out in January on the AF low, and even though the award calendar suggested returns, when it comes to actual selection it states
"no option available for the dates/flights (yada yada yada)"

I think Delta should come up with some statement by now. I feel that checking delta.com is just a waste of time, furthermore, it's a waste of OUR time, the clients.
I tried to book a W for Dec., 29th, out and Jan.,25th in on AF metal but 006 stock. For the outbound from EU to US, O was available but the DL DM desk was unable to apply the SWU/reissue the ticket. The inbound had no availability - toally in line with the already reported availability EX-Eu but not towards EU. Anyway, even though it's shown as available, DL has still issues getting the ticket reissued and confirmed.

There are scattered reports here on FT about O opening up all over 2013 with an availability increase from May onward. However, whenever asked whether the WHOLE process went through as in SWU applied, ticket reissued, and J seats confirmed, it gets pretty silent pretty quick.

DETAILS FOR DATA POINTS:

For a split second I had access to the AF portion on af.us and it showed: "Status: Warteliste" (waitlisted). After a couple of minutes with the DL DM agent trying hard, the booking changed to "Status : Storniert" (cancelled) on AF.com. DL still showed everything as perfectly alright. The agnet gave up and told me basically the same: the request is cancelled BY AF.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:01 am

Updates to the website?

Well, at this time, delta.com still (even under the revision) maintains silent regarding AF's ending of upgrades from PV to J. As the website is being updated, would not it be nice to note:

"Sorry, fox, we have a problem with AF?"

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...tificates.html

On the same token, KL stopped upgrading M fares to Z at the same time AF stopped PV to J... maybe it would be nice to provide the same fare update there as well.

(Reminders: C.E.Woolman, Desk, Every day... )
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Strangely enough, under Systemwide Upgrades on the new delta.dumb 3.0, it still shows W upgradable to business on AF. It also shows M and U as upgradable on KLM. Hmmmmm
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...tificates.html
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPNWAflyer
Strangely enough, under Systemwide Upgrades on the new delta.dumb 3.0, it still shows W upgradable to business on AF. It also shows M and U as upgradable on KLM. Hmmmmm
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...tificates.html
ECV's also said can be combinable a good 6-9 months after DL was enforcing 1 only...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Has anyone heard of any updates? Website language is still unchanged.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/DM, AA 3MM/PLT, UA 1K
Originally Posted by krpjr
You're telling me...? My colleague was going TATL last month and wanted his wife in BizElite with him. No "O" Availability for 5+ months, even up until day of departure.

Upon boarding he said business class was only 40% capacity at most...He said he's going back to American Airlines. Oddly enough, I hopped on board too, even after my rant about AA. I'm willing to give them another chance.

There is also a newer thread from someone asking about hitting Diamond. I'm opting not to and will probably finish this year at about 110kmqms based on currently booked flights. I'll qualify for AA Executive Platinum instead and give that a go for next year.

Delta lost this one...Did 12 TATL's last year and 2 TPAC's. Only 5 this year, with a few left.
In my experience, DL is the worst US Carrier for International upgrades. (Not to mention mileage redemption rates). Not only are SWUs only offered on fares 50%-400% higher than AA or UA, they are much more restricted. I have had UA confirmed upgrades to CDG and LHR on fares in the $800 range, only to see Delta require $3K and have NO inventory to confirm.

You will be much better off on AA or UA for international upgrades.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by wschild
In my experience, DL is the worst US Carrier for International upgrades. (Not to mention mileage redemption rates). Not only are SWUs only offered on fares 50%-400% higher than AA or UA, they are much more restricted. I have had UA confirmed upgrades to CDG and LHR on fares in the $800 range, only to see Delta require $3K and have NO inventory to confirm.

You will be much better off on AA or UA for international upgrades.
You found upgradable TATL fares for $800 out of LAX?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wco81
You found upgradable TATL fares for $800 out of LAX?
At this point, I'm happy whenever I do see a $3000-3200 fare that can be upgraded.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:05 pm
Suspended

To summarize: an itinerary ex-US on AF can be upgraded with FlyingBlue miles if O inventory is available, but cannot be upgraded with Skymiles as DL cannot "see" O inventory. Correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.