Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:06 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
There is no 'true' private seat where you have complete privacy and yes, seat 1D is nearest the galley so you do get alot of the F/A's walking past you, but you hardly notice it. 1A might be the better of the two window seats in row 1. As a matter of fact, I had seat 1D for my return tomorrow (JFK to LHR) and I moved it to 9D. Two reasons.

1. Odd numbered seats have the seat closest to the window so your tray table compartment is to your left, making it easy for F/A's to place your drink or any other service item.

2. I believe you deplane from the door behind biz elite at JFK terminal 4 so I want to be one of the first off the aircraft and through immigrations/customs.
YOU might hardly notice it, but after the 30th or so time I certainly noticed it!

And we deplaned from the front door on my flight so I was first off.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 8:59 am

I still cannot believe there is no front bathroom at all. My seat assignment shows 2 restrooms in the front in addition to all the seats.

It's got to be brutal right after breakfast.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting to note the new amenity kit Korres products...looks like they have an updated color for the amenity bag and the toothpaste is a lot smaller now!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:09 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Thanks for sharing the great pics...

However, don't these seats seem a bit narrow? I was on an AF 777-300 a few weeks ago and the seats seemed MUCH wider.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:20 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Interesting to note the new amenity kit Korres products...looks like they have an updated color for the amenity bag and the toothpaste is a lot smaller now!
And no mouthwash - I really liked having the mouthwash. But you do get 2 mints.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 15, 2013 at 6:25 pm
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 15, 2013 at 6:24 pm
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
I have a problem with the toilet situation. Part of what makes flying BE a treat for me is only having to share the facilities with a limited number of people.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Does it look like the IFE is rebooting in pic 9? Was the technician busy?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
A bit claustrophobic

Honestly, I think it looks really cramped for space. I will be flying one in December and I hope it is better than it looks here.
Nice pics though, Thank you.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by tkey75
Does it look like the IFE is rebooting in pic 9? Was the technician busy?
Funny you should say, it took about an hour before the onboard Delta Technician got the brand new IFE to work properly.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Honestly, I think it looks really cramped for space. I will be flying one in December and I hope it is better than it looks here.
Nice pics though, Thank you.
Funny you should mention 'cramped'. I will start a new thread on this tomorrow, but I just got off my flight, Delta Fl. #2 in BE and I was chatting with the Delta onboard Tech. He said Delta will be removing those brand new flat bed seats in the 764's and replacing them with a newly designed one. A few problems he said were:

1. Once the seat is fully reclined, or is laying flat, there is very little room for big people to get comfortable and move around. They want a seat with more seat width.

2. The tray table is a huge issue. It is very difficult to remove and replace and they want them to be bigger.

3. there is a very large gap on the sides of the seats, this means that if you drop something in the gap, it is very difficult to retrieve it.

In fact, the Delta onboard Tech. was busy assisting a few passengers with just some of these annoyances.

Also, dont choose row 10 if you like to look out the window as there are no windows in this aisle.

Cheers!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:07 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Darn, I was hoping for TXL-JFK to be updated ... no luck yet.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Thought I would throw in a bonus - Heres N192DN landing, as seen from my hotel room. Not sure where this 763 is coming from

That was a diversion of the KBP-JFK flight that day - made a stop at LHR before continuing to JFK (don't know whether it was MX or medical). There are no more scheduled 763ERs to LHR anymore (all 764s to/from JFK/ATL/DTW and the A330 currently on MSP-LHR (through end of August)).
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
That was a diversion of the KBP-JFK flight that day - made a stop at LHR before continuing to JFK (don't know whether it was MX or medical). There are no more scheduled 763ERs to LHR anymore (all 764s to/from JFK/ATL/DTW and the A330 currently on MSP-LHR (through end of August)).
The Renaissance Heathrow I presume?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.