Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
The 767 can't use the same seats as the 777 due to the cabin width difference.
If you look at AC, they use the same seats as their 777s in the B767s, in a 1-1-1 layout. I think DL wants to fit more butts in the J cabin.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
I am on DL 70 (ATL -- FCO) in Oct. I started on another flight that was the NW code share (and on A330). I was happy when I saw 764....not quite so happy to see 7 rows of BE....as it means NOT lie flat seats. I can only hope for a sub of equipment! I want a BED!

Dave
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Wiirachay
If you look at AC, they use the same seats as their 777s in the B767s, in a 1-1-1 layout. I think DL wants to fit more butts in the J cabin.
To be honest, I find the 764 lie-flat to be no less comfortable than the 777 lie-flat.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 15, 2013 at 6:25 pm
Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
Seriously, they removed the two lavs forward of row 1?
Did they replace the front lavs with a pilots rest suite?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
Seriously, they removed the two lavs forward of row 1?
Yes - and the big problem is that you are left with 2 bathrooms for 40 people (plus the people sneaking in from Coach as someone else said)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Did they replace the front lavs with a pilots rest suite?
To me, it looks like everything was just moved up so they could squeeze more seats in the biz class cabin. There is just galley equiptment where the bathrooms once were.

As for the pilot/crew rest area, it looked like there was one seat in biz elite that is reserved for crew.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
I had 1D on LHR-JFK last week. Private, only sort of. The liquor closet is to your left and the FAs are opening and shutting it constantly. Yes, some of it on my behalf
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Also, the most private seat in biz is definitely 1A and 1D
Thanks for the tip! I am flying DL 10 on 12/21 and just changed my seat to
1A (by the way when I opened the seat map on my itinerary I noticed so far I am the only person in the biz cabin lol)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Thanks for posting the pictures, I have been waiting to see it in the flat bed position.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Carl10022
I had 1D on LHR-JFK last week. Private, only sort of. The liquor closet is to your left and the FAs are opening and shutting it constantly. Yes, some of it on my behalf
There is no 'true' private seat where you have complete privacy and yes, seat 1D is nearest the galley so you do get alot of the F/A's walking past you, but you hardly notice it. 1A might be the better of the two window seats in row 1. As a matter of fact, I had seat 1D for my return tomorrow (JFK to LHR) and I moved it to 9D. Two reasons.

1. Odd numbered seats have the seat closest to the window so your tray table compartment is to your left, making it easy for F/A's to place your drink or any other service item.

2. I believe you deplane from the door behind biz elite at JFK terminal 4 so I want to be one of the first off the aircraft and through immigrations/customs.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:47 am

I've long wondered why the 76D is being placed on JFK-VCE. The only other competition is US Airways, and Delta is competitive simply by virtue of the fact that they are not US Airways.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:19 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
There is always a transition period between seat generations.

I think the long term plan is to have only two wide body Biz-E seats. One type for the 777, and one type for the 767. The 747s will probably end up being sold off (or retired) and the 330s will be converted to either the 777 or 767 type of lie flat seats, depending on which will fit better.

The 767 can't use the same seats as the 777 due to the cabin width difference.

The big question is how many years will it take for DL to upgrade all their widebody aircraft.
For the A330s, I am guessing they will use the 767 type (Thompson Vantage) seats in BusinessElite. The 777 type (Contour Solar Suites) seats would still only fit 1-1-1 on the A330 unless a shorter bed is used. With the Thompson Vantage, DL will be able to fit them on the A330 in an alternating 1-2-1/1-2-2 layout.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by DLPhoenix
I understand the LHR allocation where DL is trying to compete in a market where most competitors already offer flat bed in J.
SVO seems a good route to utilize a product that trumps the competition to capture market share or commad higher fares.
But VCE? there are better premium trafic destinations in Europe. I assume it is used during the introduction phase until all the conversions are completed.

Does anybody know on which routes does DL plan to use the 3 aircraft not allocated for LHR?

DLP
JFK-SVO goes back to the 763ER starting Sept 1 anyway. Right now, JFK-VCE remains a 764ER in September but seatmap currently shows it going back to the old 2-2-2 configuration in BE.

From September 1 on, MSP-LHR (NW754) switches to a 76D as well.
Right now the 'guaranteed' 76D flights in September are all the LHR flights - from JFK (2x daily), ATL, DTW, and MSP; those 5 flights will require 6 aircraft (as the evening LHR-JFK departure gets into JFK too late to turn back to Europe that night, unless they delay the late JFK-LHR (DL001) to use that aircraft from LHR).
As for the 7th 76D, they could theoretically use it on any number of 764ER routes out of JFK (VCE, FCO, BCN) or ATL (FRA, MUC, FCO, etc.) in September.

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
The reason that AC could "afford" to use the same herringbone flat seats on their 767s is because AC's old 767 config was 2-2-1 (vs 2-2-2 on DL) and would not suffer a reduction in the number of J seats on their 767s with the new flat seats.

AC's old 767s had 25 J seats in the same area that today fits 24 herringbone lie-flat seats; only a very minor loss of 1 seat. In contrast, Delta's existing 767s have 36 J seats in the same area, so the herringbone config would have meant a reduction to 24 J seats - a huge drop.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by nypdLieu

2. I believe you deplane from the door behind biz elite at JFK terminal 4 so I want to be one of the first off the aircraft and through immigrations/customs.

In my experience we've always planed & deplaned through 1L (front door) at JFK and planed/deplaned using 2L (back door) at LHR.

The 764 is the only version of the 767 that has a 2L - I think when the pilot pulls the plane up to the 767 markings at the gate, the jetway driver just goes to the front door assuming there isn't a back door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.