Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

The flight was JFK to LHR DL flight #1. The seat was Delta's newest lie-flat business class seat. This seat is a significant improvement over everything else that Delta has to offer in their business elite cabin. I had no issues with the tray table. In fact, I've read elsewhere that the tray was difficult to pull out and retract. Delta provides a placard that gives you instructions on how to utilize the tray table. It is a very, very comfortable seat and I have no complaints at all. I hope that Delta decides to put these in there 763's and the rest of there 764's. Hope you enjoy the pics. Also of interest, apparently, Delta has an onboard technician (seated in business class). I think I read somewhere that its due to assist with any malfunctions or other issues with the new biz cabin? Just a few interesting points. There are no forward bathrooms on the newly configured 764. Your essentially using coach bathrooms which is behind the biz cabin and directly in front of the coach cabin. They try and seperate it from coach by using a curtain but it really didnt work. Coach folks were consistently using the biz elite bathrooms. As for me, no big deal, a bathroom is a bathroom. Also, the most private seat in biz is definitely 1A and 1D.

I'm not going to bore you with a long narrative, suffice to say it was a very pleasant flight with a very pleasant and friendly flight crew.

Thought I would throw in a bonus - Heres N192DN landing, as seen from my hotel room. Not sure where this 763 is coming from

Last edited by DL2SXM; Aug 17, 2009 at 6:53 pm
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
There are no forward laboratories on the newly configured 764.
I hate it when the airline doesn't give me a place to mix my liquid explosives!!

Nice pics by the way.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by justhere
I hate it when the airline doesn't give me a place to mix my liquid explosives!!

Nice pics by the way.
cut me some slack, I had a long day.....
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Is this on the jfk-vce nonstop 08/27?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Probably not. If the flight has a 1- 2 -1 configuration in Business Class then yes, it is.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
The tray table instruction card is a nice idea. I wish they had one on the 777-LR. Did they have any other guides to using the seat or IFE? (On the 777-LR there are USB and other ports but there was no written instructions and none of the FAs had a clue what they were for.)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I love the "Flat Out" picture, DL's ad for the lie-flat seats on the 77Ls while you're flying on a different aircraft with different lie-flat seats. I still think it was a bad decision to have so many different "BusinessElite" seats.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:07 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I still think it was a bad decision to have so many different "BusinessElite" seats.
I agree 100%. It muddies the brand image way too much.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I agree 100%. It muddies the brand image way too much.
Yeah, its doesn't good enough for me. I think it would be perfect time to get better.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
So far, yes, JFK-VCE has been on the 76D (with full-flat BE seats) for the past week or so, and is currently scheduled to be as well on 8/27.

All 7 of the 764ERs scheduled for reconfiguration to these seats are finally done and all are back in scheduled service - ships 1804 - 1810 (N828MH - N834MH). They will be operating the following routes until the end of August:

JFK-LHR (DL001, DL003)
JFK-VCE (DL186)
JFK-SVO (DL030)
ATL-LHR (DL010)
DTW-LHR (NW782)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
It does show 1-2-1! Whoopee! Taking my niece who hhas never even flown domestic fx let alone TATL BE so I'm delighted!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I love the "Flat Out" picture, DL's ad for the lie-flat seats on the 77Ls while you're flying on a different aircraft with different lie-flat seats. I still think it was a bad decision to have so many different "BusinessElite" seats.
There is always a transition period between seat generations.

I think the long term plan is to have only two wide body Biz-E seats. One type for the 777, and one type for the 767. The 747s will probably end up being sold off (or retired) and the 330s will be converted to either the 777 or 767 type of lie flat seats, depending on which will fit better.

The 767 can't use the same seats as the 777 due to the cabin width difference.

The big question is how many years will it take for DL to upgrade all their widebody aircraft.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Probably not. If the flight has a 1- 2 -1 configuration in Business Class then yes, it is.
I think these planes are scheduled to be doing runs to LHR...

+1

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
So far, yes, JFK-VCE has been on the 76D (with full-flat BE seats) for the past week or so, and is currently scheduled to be as well on 8/27.

All 7 of the 764ERs scheduled for reconfiguration to these seats are finally done and all are back in scheduled service - ships 1804 - 1810 (N828MH - N834MH). They will be operating the following routes until the end of August:

JFK-LHR (DL001, DL003)
JFK-VCE (DL186)
JFK-SVO (DL030)
ATL-LHR (DL010)
DTW-LHR (NW782)
I stand corrected...
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Long Term sub-Fleet Allocation?

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

JFK-LHR (DL001, DL003)
JFK-VCE (DL186)
JFK-SVO (DL030)
ATL-LHR (DL010)
DTW-LHR (NW782)
I understand the LHR allocation where DL is trying to compete in a market where most competitors already offer flat bed in J.
SVO seems a good route to utilize a product that trumps the competition to capture market share or commad higher fares.
But VCE? there are better premium trafic destinations in Europe. I assume it is used during the introduction phase until all the conversions are completed.

Does anybody know on which routes does DL plan to use the 3 aircraft not allocated for LHR?

DLP
Old Aug 17, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL
Nice pics thanks for sharing. I also hope they will put the lie-flats in at least the rest of the 764s but it would be even better if they put them of the 763s as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.