Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by avidflyer
The Renaissance Heathrow I presume?
You presume correctly my friend. 3rd floor room, great views
Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
That was a diversion of the KBP-JFK flight that day - made a stop at LHR before continuing to JFK (don't know whether it was MX or medical). There are no more scheduled 763ERs to LHR anymore (all 764s to/from JFK/ATL/DTW and the A330 currently on MSP-LHR (through end of August)).
Thanks, I was racking my brains, and computer, to try and find a 763 flight in our out of LHR.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
You presume correctly my friend. 3rd floor room, great views
Yup, me too. Great plane watching and it was even better when the Concorde was in and out of LHR.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:51 pm

Now I'm confused. (Not that unusual.) Looking at the pictures for the refurbished 764 I was delighted to see that seats B&C look fine for couples as they both face forward and have aisle access. However, while picking up two of those great DL fares of $2243 AI (using an about to expire DL credit) from JFK to LHR to ride up front on Fights 3 and 4, I was told by the agent that the B&C seats are "back to back" and not very good for folks who want to talk during the flights. She suggested C and D seats would be better even though separated by an aisle. Sounded to me like she was describing the 777LR seating but she even checked with a supervisor and confirmed that B&C were less than ideal for couples. So what is reality?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by upgrader
Now I'm confused. (Not that unusual.) Looking at the pictures for the refurbished 764 I was delighted to see that seats B&C look fine for couples as they both face forward and have aisle access. However, while picking up two of those great DL fares of $2243 AI (using an about to expire DL credit) from JFK to LHR to ride up front on Fights 3 and 4, I was told by the agent that the B&C seats are "back to back" and not very good for folks who want to talk during the flights. She suggested C and D seats would be better even though separated by an aisle. Sounded to me like she was describing the 777LR seating but she even checked with a supervisor and confirmed that B&C were less than ideal for couples. So what is reality?
Sounds like another agent and "supervisor" that doesn't really know what they are talking about, unless the flight has been replaced by the 77L (unlikely). Your logic is sound.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 5:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The newly config 764 with a BE seating diagram of 1 - 2- 1 is as follows: seat A is by itself and is a window seat, then seat B/C are in the middle and are next to each other and face the same way (as my pictures suggest) and are great for talking to your seat mate, then seate D is a window seat and is also by itself.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 9:21 am

Anyone sat in either B or C seats in the first row on this aircraft and able to comment on adequacy/inadequacy of the legroom or any other pluses or minuses of sitting in this bulkhead row in F as compared with sitting in B and C in any other row in F? My wife and I are in the first row B-C outbound JFK-LHR and in the last row (row 10) B-C on the return. These were the only B-C seats available so we are curious if there are any particular disadvantages or advantages. (I just noticed this is my 2K post. Seems like my first post was only a little while ago. Time flies.)
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the nice pix.

With DL being the second carrier next to LX to operate this new C-seat, I am wondering if there are certain seats offering more comfort/space.
IIRC, the LX config has a few of those and they can only be reserved by Top-Elite flyers.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Anyone sat in either B or C seats in the first row on this aircraft and able to comment on adequacy/inadequacy of the legroom or any other pluses or minuses of sitting in this bulkhead row in F as compared with sitting in B and C in any other row in F? My wife and I are in the first row B-C outbound JFK-LHR and in the last row (row 10) B-C on the return. These were the only B-C seats available so we are curious if there are any particular disadvantages or advantages. (I just noticed this is my 2K post. Seems like my first post was only a little while ago. Time flies.)
I sat in 10D - not a great seat since there is no window - but 10B and 10C were fine, other than usual last row issues (galley noise, light, etc...)
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Anyone sat in either B or C seats in the first row on this aircraft and able to comment on adequacy/inadequacy of the legroom or any other pluses or minuses of sitting in this bulkhead row in F as compared with sitting in B and C in any other row in F?
I highly recommend row 1 on the 76D simply because the the footrest area is in a cutout in the bulkhead (as opposed to under the console of the seat in front of you) and offers more space. I haven't tried 1B or 1C but I had 1A and I had more than ample room in the footrest area inside the bulkhead.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Video clip of the 76D Flat-bed Product

Today's press release concerning the introduction of BusinessElite on JFK-LAX/SFO, also featured a video clip of the 76D flat-bed product:

Media video downloads available:

767 BusinessElite service

http://vidego.multicastmedia.com/player.php?p=t08hx0zf

Download High Definition Quicktime Movie (720p30 h.264) http://a4.g.akamai.net/7/4/66746/v1/...atBed_720p.zip

Download Standard Definition Quicktime Movie (480i h.264) http://a4.g.akamai.net/7/4/66746/v1/...atBed_480i.zip
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Today's press release concerning the introduction of BusinessElite on JFK-LAX/SFO, also featured a video clip of the 76D flat-bed product:
Thanks for sharing! The video is pretty interesting and it confirms what others have posted about...the seats are NARROW for a premium product.

Watching the video over again it strikes me that most of the passengers are slender. The one or two chunkier passengers completely fill the seat, and the one minority guy who isn't even very large, just not as thin as all the women in the video, is show sleeping on his side. He probably wouldn't be comfortable sleeping on his back in that video...

For larger passengers this seat doesn't look like it would be that comfortable...
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Burj
For larger passengers this seat doesn't look like it would be that comfortable...
Don't know if you've seen the thread, but nypdLieu mentioned in the thread below that DL is going to redesign the seats.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ned-model.html
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:40 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
How long are the beds?
Looks like there is a hard top and bottom which would limit the space.

I'm 6'6" - currently, I can stretch out and let my feet hang over the edge of the foot area.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:05 am

Nice Pics! Thanks for the post!
One question though: Do you find the seats "accessible"? Meaning, would an elderly person who has limited mobility and strength find using the seat easy? I ask because I am considering a trip with my mother. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.